Vancouver Coastal Health logo
Vancouver Coastal Health
View all Vancouver Coastal Health reviews

Vancouver Coastal Health

Vancouver Coastal Health Employee Review

horrible employer to work for

Management is inefficient and abusive. Anything goes. I have seen many people destroyed by managements abusive behaviors. They preach a people first philosophy but it is not true at all. As an employee you have no where to go. Human resources department is ineffective, sides on management. Managers kiss up and kick down and get away with it. It is each man for himself, teams are untrusting as the fear is you might be the next target. CEO preaches improvement but there is none. Unfortunate these staff are required by the public as health care providers. Difficult as the staff are just trying to survive the abuse they deal with on a day to day basis. Unions are ineffective as there are so many obstacles in the way. Best is just to hide from management wherever possible. Most of the lower mainland is VCH so if you need a job you just have to suck it up.

Pros

not many

Cons

untrained management- bullying culture

1.0Job security/advancement

Disastrous !

Working at VCH as a temporary hire is a real eye-opener. One would have never thought how chaotic and poorly managed this organization is; scheduling, payroll, work duties, training. Everything is a complete mess. Work duties, work hours, work schedule, work locations keep changing, the only thing that remains unchanged is your wage rate. On the upside, it does motivate you to find a "real job".

Pros

nothing

Cons

long hours, no benefits, low wage, hostile work-environment

Terrible management and educators

Managers don't care about how badly the budget cuts effect their employees. Since I started, they have added many more responsibilities on to my job role without appreciation or compensation. Their attitude towards employees is that we are disposable and that we are expected to comply without having any say in what is an appropriate and reasonable amount of work. Many people end up with injuries because there is not enough time to do things properly. Everything is rushed to try and finish the work that multiple people should be handling.

Pros

job security

Cons

extremely stressful

Has its ups and downs

The day is often stressful, but that is what it is like working in Mental Health. However, management has not been making good decisions lately, and the workplace culture is filled with bullying. If it weren't what I wanted to do for my future, I would have left a long time ago. Recently, budget cuts have harmed so many!

Pros

Some awesome co-workers

Cons

Long hours and little value

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Coastal Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement

Compare Vancouver Coastal Health with

• Vancouver Coastal Health
  • horrible employer to work for