Vancouver Coastal Health
Vancouver Coastal Health Employee Review

Great workplace environment & culture

27 February 2020
Have worked at multiple locations within Vancouver Community teams (Mental Health and Substance Use [both Adult and Child & Youth], palliative care). The culture is similar between all and very warm, welcoming coworkers and management at all. Benefits package is decent. Overall a good place to work!
5.0Job security/advancement
15 April 2021
Same roleSame location
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) - Vancouver, BC
The day is often stressful, but that is what it is like working in Mental Health. However, management has not been making good decisions lately, and the workplace culture is filled with bullying. If it weren't what I wanted to do for my future, I would have left a long time ago. Recently, budget cuts have harmed so many!
Pros
Some awesome co-workers
Cons
Long hours and little value
3 September 2019
Same roleSame location
Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker, Full-time (Current Employee) - Vancouver, BC
Shift work allows for different environment. Organized and structured. Management is available for support. Workplace culture is great and diverse. Hardest part of the job are rotating shifts. Enjoyable part of the job is spending time with people off unit doing activities that bring them joy.
22 April 2021
Same location
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) - Vancouver, BC
Managers don't care about how badly the budget cuts effect their employees. Since I started, they have added many more responsibilities on to my job role without appreciation or compensation. Their attitude towards employees is that we are disposable and that we are expected to comply without having any say in what is an appropriate and reasonable amount of work. Many people end up with injuries because there is not enough time to do things properly. Everything is rushed to try and finish the work that multiple people should be handling.
Pros
job security
Cons
extremely stressful
  1. Great workplace environment & culture