Vancouver Coastal Health logo
Vancouver Coastal Health
View all Vancouver Coastal Health reviews

Vancouver Coastal Health

Vancouver Coastal Health Employee Review

good team support and benefits

busy environment, day goes by fast, with multitask abilities is highly recommended, Great team support and supervisor support. Stable job security Great benefits

Same role

Enjoyed the opportunity to expand in my knowledge and experience.

My job was all about multitasking various duties, such as printing needed materials, answering the phone/redirecting calls, answering colleagues' questions, setting up groups (booking rooms, confirming attendance with clients, preparing manuals and CD's for use within group, keeping Excel waitlist up-to-date), scoring and entering self-report measures in computer program, running reports and collecting stats. I also took meeting minutes, as well as maintained supplies and kept electronics in working order. Not to be overlooked is that I trained the new secretary in her position in the psychiatry clinics. I provided support with client appointments, etc. and transcription. I actually enjoyed the adrenaline rush (if I may put it this way) that came from accomplishing various duties and being productive. I specifically enjoyed learning and applying desktop publishing skills, used to prepare manuals and working with Excel spreadsheets. Unfortunately, I found management personnel to have a high turnover rate. On the one hand, I missed certain individuals that left; on the other hand, I enjoyed sharing information in order to bring new ones up to speed on my work duties and program procedures. I enjoyed working many years with certain ones of my colleagues. What I found to be the hardest part of my job was the sometimes unpleasant work atmosphere that arose from communication difficulties between some of my colleagues. I personally enjoyed a good work relationship with each of them though. I truly loved my job and would never have left! But I eventually found myself alone in -
Same location

Disastrous !

Working at VCH as a temporary hire is a real eye-opener. One would have never thought how chaotic and poorly managed this organization is; scheduling, payroll, work duties, training. Everything is a complete mess. Work duties, work hours, work schedule, work locations keep changing, the only thing that remains unchanged is your wage rate. On the upside, it does motivate you to find a "real job".

Pros

nothing

Cons

long hours, no benefits, low wage, hostile work-environment
Same location

Terrible management and educators

Managers don't care about how badly the budget cuts effect their employees. Since I started, they have added many more responsibilities on to my job role without appreciation or compensation. Their attitude towards employees is that we are disposable and that we are expected to comply without having any say in what is an appropriate and reasonable amount of work. Many people end up with injuries because there is not enough time to do things properly. Everything is rushed to try and finish the work that multiple people should be handling.

Pros

job security

Cons

extremely stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Coastal Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement

Compare Vancouver Coastal Health with

• Vancouver Coastal Health
  • good team support and benefits