Vancouver Coastal Health logo
Vancouver Coastal Health
View all Vancouver Coastal Health reviews

Vancouver Coastal Health

Vancouver Coastal Health Employee Review

Enjoyed the opportunity to expand in my knowledge and experience.

My job was all about multitasking various duties, such as printing needed materials, answering the phone/redirecting calls, answering colleagues' questions, setting up groups (booking rooms, confirming attendance with clients, preparing manuals and CD's for use within group, keeping Excel waitlist up-to-date), scoring and entering self-report measures in computer program, running reports and collecting stats. I also took meeting minutes, as well as maintained supplies and kept electronics in working order. Not to be overlooked is that I trained the new secretary in her position in the psychiatry clinics. I provided support with client appointments, etc. and transcription. I actually enjoyed the adrenaline rush (if I may put it this way) that came from accomplishing various duties and being productive. I specifically enjoyed learning and applying desktop publishing skills, used to prepare manuals and working with Excel spreadsheets. Unfortunately, I found management personnel to have a high turnover rate. On the one hand, I missed certain individuals that left; on the other hand, I enjoyed sharing information in order to bring new ones up to speed on my work duties and program procedures. I enjoyed working many years with certain ones of my colleagues. What I found to be the hardest part of my job was the sometimes unpleasant work atmosphere that arose from communication difficulties between some of my colleagues. I personally enjoyed a good work relationship with each of them though. I truly loved my job and would never have left! But I eventually found myself alone in -

4.0Job security/advancement

Same role

good team support and benefits

busy environment, day goes by fast, with multitask abilities is highly recommended, Great team support and supervisor support. Stable job security Great benefits
Same location

Good but could have been better

Good but could have been better. Not enough hours. But they keep hiring. No benefits until you're regular but goodluck getting that regular job. Im just there for the money I guess. I need to survive.
Same location

VCH in principle takes care of their employees and have been a fairly good organization. My transfer to RH has been less than stellar with a non-experienced manager. Unfortunately, a poor manager leads very little room for an employee. Vancouver Coastal Health tries to have a people first culture, but due to stress for management, many managers fail employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Coastal Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement

Compare Vancouver Coastal Health with

• Vancouver Coastal Health
  • Enjoyed the opportunity to expand in my knowledge and experience.