Vancouver Coastal Health
View all Vancouver Coastal Health reviews

Vancouver Coastal Health

Vancouver Coastal Health Employee Review

Disastrous !

Working at VCH as a temporary hire is a real eye-opener. One would have never thought how chaotic and poorly managed this organization is; scheduling, payroll, work duties, training. Everything is a complete mess. Work duties, work hours, work schedule, work locations keep changing, the only thing that remains unchanged is your wage rate. On the upside, it does motivate you to find a "real job".

Pros

nothing

Cons

long hours, no benefits, low wage, hostile work-environment

1.0Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Everyone is so friendly!

Teamwork and collaboration is key to working here. Employee engagement is great, lots of recognition for your hard work. People are friendly and receptive.

Pros

Team spirit

Cons

Extra work outside of job description
Same roleSame location

A challenging workplace where one has to be able to think and act quickly and efficently

I have learned a lot from working at VCH. Its a challenging workplace with many different things that may come up on a daily basis. Being able to manage efficiently is important as no day is the same. Some days are highly stressful and challenging and coming from a place of love and compassion is important.
Same location

Great work environment

Absolutely fabulous place to work. Even though I was on a temporary contract I was fully supported in my role by management. Great opportunities for learning and advancement.I would highly reccomend them as an employer.

Pros

Experienced dedicated managers

Cons

It was only a temporary contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Coastal Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement