Vancouver Coastal Health
View all Vancouver Coastal Health reviews

Vancouver Coastal Health

Vancouver Coastal Health Employee Review

For my first client, I would take him for wellness walks around his neighbourhood or in surrounding parks or beaches. Lacking the ability to initiate conversation meant that my goal was to first of all get him doing something active, but also to encourage him to initiate within a conversation. I would take him for a walk once a week for about two hours. For my second client, I was introduced to a physiotherapist who gave me a general idea of what to work on with the client as well as any health contraindications. With this, I followed the lead of the volunteer before me and would take her into the gym for about an hour workout of either upper body or lower body and then into the pool for some "Aqua Fit" exercises. I would meet up with her once a week for about two hours. I really enjoyed volunteering with VCH because it was easy to work full-time and volunteer as well. The hours are very flexible in regards to seeing clients as the volunteer coordinator makes sure to match you up with someone who fits your schedule. I would recommend this volunteer position to anyone!

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

great work place

i really enjoyed going to work everyday. I rarely had a bad day and would always end up going home happier then when I left. I recommend this place for anyone who wants a happy and fulfilling job

Pros

makes you feel good

Cons

people passing away
Same location

Great work environment

Absolutely fabulous place to work. Even though I was on a temporary contract I was fully supported in my role by management. Great opportunities for learning and advancement.I would highly reccomend them as an employer.

Pros

Experienced dedicated managers

Cons

It was only a temporary contract
Same location

Disastrous !

Working at VCH as a temporary hire is a real eye-opener. One would have never thought how chaotic and poorly managed this organization is; scheduling, payroll, work duties, training. Everything is a complete mess. Work duties, work hours, work schedule, work locations keep changing, the only thing that remains unchanged is your wage rate. On the upside, it does motivate you to find a "real job".

Pros

nothing

Cons

long hours, no benefits, low wage, hostile work-environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Coastal Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement

Compare Vancouver Coastal Health with

• Vancouver Coastal Health
  • As a Vancouver Coastal Health volunteer in the community I felt like I was really a difference in the lives of these clients.