Vancouver Coastal Health Employee Reviews

Horrible Management
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 November 2018
Management doesn't cares about Employees at all just a terrible Company. I won't recommend Vancouver Coastal Health to anyone there's zero work life balance.
Benefits
Cons
Management is just a disgrace
Best workplace and i feel honoured to be a part of the team
Rehabilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Laurel street, Vancouver, BC29 October 2018
A huge previlege to work in an environtment Rehabilitation setting that i felt that i belong! Such compassion, staff expertise and kindness rolled into one.
Pros
Complete Medical benefits and vacation entitlement, paid sick times and paid special/compassionate leave
Cons
long commute to and from work, & skytrain issues/delays
Supportive
Mental Health Worker/Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 October 2018
Vancouver Coastal Health is a very supportive organization and caters well to their employees. The work culture is swamping to be around as other employees are all hard working and professional.
Very fun to work at!
Accounting Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 September 2018
Very fun to work at! It is an engaging environment and my managers were very helpful. It is a valuable opportunity to work as a coop and full time. I really enjoyed the experience.
Hard Word but very rewarding
RCA (Former Employee) –  Powell River, BC25 August 2018
I loved working at the Extended Care Unit in Powell River. Being a Care Aide is a very hard demanding job but worthy every minute! I moved away and that is the only reason I left ECU in Powell River and would go back there in a heart beat!
Pros
Job stability
Cons
Hard work Mentally and Physically
Productive and fun work place
Management Consultantt (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 August 2018
Very cooperative and considerate employees. Lots of learning opportunities. I enjoyed working in cross-functional teams with diverse backgrounds. Company culture allows lot of employee driven initiatives.
good place to work
COMMUNITY SUPPORT WORKER RCA (Former Employee) –  N.Vancouver25 July 2018
I loved working for VCH, love the community support supervisors all way willing to help.
and always asking about how the worker is feeling with any new client.
Great Place to Work
Nursing Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 April 2018
I have been working with VCH for only a few years now, and I don't have anything negative to say. They are a great company to work for, with lots of opportunities for advancement and education.
Rewarding individuals with bursaries designed to enhance their artistic endeavors. to
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 April 2018
Daily take and receive calls regarding applications and awards of bursaries. Record all applications and awards documented on paper and computer. Tabulate monthly amounts issued. Take in documentation to head office monthly for review.
Pros
Meet new people. Experience the results of seeing art projects of clients.
Cons
Not enough hours. Challenges with people with mental illness.
recently adopted business model over client care
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 April 2018
Vancouver Coastal Health is one of the several health authorities that has focused more and more on business model undermining authentic and caring team approach
Pros
Vancouver Community
Cons
business model focused on profit
Good Workplace, but management needs work
Program Assistant, Mental Health & Substance Use (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 April 2018
Good Workplace to work, but management needs work. Training manuals need to be updated and workplace drama and politics should not be inflicted onto others.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Management lacks and workplace drama and politics
VCH is a great place to work. It is a team environment and there is always support available.
Clerical Support Clerk (MOA) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 April 2018
I love working for VCH. It is a great environment. It is very supportive of all of it's employees. I work in the downtown eastside community and awareness, safety and compassion are always important issues.
Pros
team environment
Cons
shift work
Large organization with a small office feel
Employee Engagement (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 March 2018
I really enjoy working and collaborating with my co-workers on a daily basis. Although VCH is a large organization, our office still maintains a small community feel, which makes coming to more enjoyable! VCH promotes a great work-life balance and provides awesome benefits :)
Pros
Work-life balance, benefits, co-workers
Great work environment and co-workers
Employee Engagement (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 March 2018
Fantastic place to work. Lots of work available for staff. Only problem is that the organization is quite hierarchical, which creates a lengthy approval process.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers, culture
Cons
Approval process, slow to make decisions
Great Starter Place
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 February 2018
I enjoyed the health background; you had a lot to learn and a lot of challenges to understand. Very busy but also very rewarding and challenging. Lots of variety.
Pros
Good Organization, flexible hours
Cons
Medical System can be difficult at times.
Great learning environment
Medical Device Reprocessing Technician (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 February 2018
I have enjoyed my time working for this company in the last 10 years. Working environment is comfortable and employees do their work effectively. I've learned to be vocal about my needs and wants.
My day
Medical Device Reprocessing Technician (Current Employee) –  Squamish, BC18 January 2018
My typical day at work include checking the slate for what lies ahead for my to organize my time. As the only person in my department I'm responsible for decom, sorting, wrapping, sterilizing and putting away. I've worked part-time for 6 years. Most days are very routine, being in a smaller hospital there's a relationship with the whole team. My family is looking to move to the Pentiction area in a few months.
Great People
Senior Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 January 2018
Excellent pay, benefits and people that you work with. At certain times it can get very busy so it is important to stay very organized. The hardest part of the job is can get very demanding as we enter the healthcare environment to help, and one learns that it is a team effort.
Good workplace culture
Employed Student Nurse (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 December 2017
The mixed acuity unit has a very supportive work culture. Resources are readily available. I take on 75% of a nursing workload and complete tasks such as assessments, documentation, medication administration, development of care plans, and collaborating with other members of the health care team to meet the patient's needs.
Friendly environment, great staff
Medical Radiation Technologist (Current Employee) –  Whistler, BC22 December 2017
Great trauma facility to work in. Site is small and you get to know pretty much everyone that works in the building. Many Orthopedic doctors cycle through making it for interesting radiology work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Coastal Health. Our community is ready to answer.