Vancouver Career College

Vancouver Career College Employee Reviews

Canada28 reviews
A good place to work
I liked to work with this college. They gave me all the flexibility to manage my class and no interruption from higher management. The campus director is very professional and goal-oriented.
9 December 2019
Thank you for providing us with your feedback and review! We are happy to hear your time at Vancouver Career College has been a favorable and rewarding experience.
One of the worst places I have ever worked
Incompetent and manipulative management, incompetent admin staff. Zero support and you are left to manage things on your own and when you fail, and you will fail, you are held responsible. The upsetting thing is the students suffer. And I know HR will paste their "concerned" email asking for more information to try and improve. That doesn't solve anything.
Not sufficient for me
The atmosphere was laid back, and most of the staff were pleasant to work with. My direct supervisor was very busy managing more than 1 location, and was not able to offer complete assistance to my location.
No pay for lecture preparation or No pay for marking assignments & exams
I personally felt that it was a great place to work and i will have no problem to go back. VaCC puts so much effort to help their students to learn was incredible to witness.
9 December 2019
Thank you for the review and for the feedback! We are glad to hear your time at Vancouver Career College has been a positive and rewarding experience and that you enjoyed working with us.
Terrible Place to Work
Overall, this is just a job. No wage increase no matter how hard you work, how many hours you put into making a program great or what you do for the students or staff. I received $0.50 wage increase which was a slap in the face. They hire people into positions who are not qualified and make your job harder. Currently the Student Services person has no clue what she’s doing yet she remains in the position. Its ridiculous!!!
9 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. We strive to provide an enjoyable employee experience so we apologize that your time with us fell short of our standards. We would appreciate you providing us more details so we can improve by emailing us at hrteam@career.college.

Our goal is to ensure Vancouver Career College continues to be a great place to work for our employees. We appreciate your suggestions and feedback!
Instructor complaint
I instructed the MOA program at the Abbotsford campus for six months. During that time the college burned through three directors. There were no classroom equipment, no scale, no mayo tray, no instruments or autoclave. I could not access my course modules until the start of each module so this left me in the position of not being able to plan my lessons in advance. IT had to reset my computer and student computer
Pros
Not one
Cons
No resources for students
9 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to providing us your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that your employee experience as a MOA Instructor fell short of our standards. We are working hard to improve our processes and create a welcoming and enjoyable work environment. We would appreciate you providing us more details so we can improve by emailing us at hrteam@career.college.

More like business than an education place
I’m surprised this school is still open & continue to give education to Canada’s future nurses. Who’s protecting the public from malpractice? It isn’t the students fault - they aren’t educated or disciplined properly. I recommend Vancouver COMMUNITY College or Steinberg College instead.
Cons
No integrity; terrible work ethic
9 December 2019
We want to say thank you for providing us your feedback. We are truly sorry to hear that your experience as a Practical Nursing Instructor fell short of our standards. We strive to provide an enjoyable employee experience so we would appreciate you providing us more details so we can improve by emailing us at hrteam@career.college.

Worst company in BC, run!
Worst company in BC, run!

No one wants to do their job and the oldest rep plays dirty and manipulates student documents.

Do not waste time applying for any job at this company.
9 December 2019
First and foremost, we want to say thank you for providing us your review. We are truly sorry to hear that your experience with us was not up to our standard and we would like to discuss areas of improvement. We would appreciate if you email us at hrteam@career.college with more details.

Never go to Metrotown school
Management is terrible.
The so-called middle person has no idea what being a teacher is.

Courses and course hours are all over the place.

Students are unmotivated, and the school (or she) doesn't see it as a problem. Not worth working there.
Pros
If you need a "college" in your resume. Go for it
Cons
everything else
9 December 2019
We want to say thank you for providing us with your comments on your work experience with Vancouver Career College. We are truly sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your work experience and we would like to discuss areas of improvement. We would appreciate if you email us at hrteam@career.college with more details.

management
Good job, it taught me a lot about time management. You have to reallly learn how to balance teaching and marking in addition to having office hours for your students.
9 December 2019
Thank you for the review and for the feedback! We are glad that you enjoyed working with us at Vancouver Career College.
the Peter Principle is alive and well
High turnover rate, by choice and otherwise.

Lower level employees given tasks beyond their skill set and time management abilities.

Little to no communication between levels of management and the campus levels of support.

Professional development, team building and consistency between campuses is a thing of the past.
Pros
it is a job, .. that is all
Cons
No Communication & Incompetence
9 December 2019
We want to say thank you for providing us your feedback. We are truly sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your work experience with us and we would like to discuss areas of improvement. We would appreciate if you email us at hrteam@career.college with more details.

You will have no life
- you will have no life
- you're one person doing 10 people's job

-directors are puppets to the top people

-long hours, no overtime pay,pay less, no appreciation instead they will pick on your mistakes

-high staff turnovers meaning they let go all the good ones and welcome workers with 0 experience, no clue on how to use computers properly

-LOTS of promises but nothing done

-MONEY..MONEY..MONEY.. BUDGET..BUDGET..BUDGET

-toxic work environment

- NO TRAINING
Pros
No pros
Cons
All of the above
9 December 2019
We want to say thank you for providing your honest feedback. We are truly sorry to hear that your employee experience at Vancouver Career College was not up to our standards and we would like to discuss areas of improvement. We would appreciate if you email us at hrteam@career.college with more details.

Terrible
I thought it would be rewarding to teach, but this is not the place to find that feeling.
There is no support when you start and sometimes there is no curriculum or resources to speak of. You're left to your own devices, so you have to sink or swim.
9 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide an honest review. We are truly sorry to hear that your time at Vancouver Career College was not a positive experience and we would like to discuss areas of improvement. We would appreciate if you email us at hrteam@career.college with more details.

depressing environment
Almost everyone works through a mandatory unpaid hour long lunch break because of high workload
More work gets piled onto the expectations of you because they keep getting rid of employees.

The campus is left without a director often and for long periods of time.

It is good to work with students and some staff are great, but on a whole I find it stressful and unhealthy.
9 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide an honest review. We are truly disappointed to hear that your time at Vancouver Career College was a negative experience and we would like to discuss areas of improvement. We would appreciate if you email us at hrteam@career.college with more details.

Low Morale, Disorganized and High Turnover
What is agreed for wages may not be what they give you.
Do not expect proper curriculum or for anything online to work properly. If you need help with this it may take days to get a response.

You get no paid prep time and most of the curriculum they have is outdated or non-existent so prep time is HUGE if you want your students to be successful.

There are some nice people there but the morale is abysmal.

High turn-over with people leaving all the time.
9 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback. We are truly sorry that your time at Vancouver Career College did not meet your expectations and we would like to learn more about your experience. Please email us at hrteam@career.college so we can review improvement opportunities.

Our goal is to ensure Vancouver Career College continues to be a great place to work for our employees. We appreciate your suggestions and your review!
Nice students and staff
A great learning experience in general. Small classes, decent curriculum, nice students. Mostly contract work so no job security to speak of. Good location but not great part of Surrey at night for evening classes.
Pros
nice classroom space and technology
Cons
management
9 December 2019
Thank you for your honest review and for the feedback! We are happy to hear that you had a great experience working with us at Vancouver Career College.
Poor company
I have learned a lot about many things working here and developed many skills, all self taught. The moto I have been told is "either sink or swim", but you are on your own. Due to employees being paid so little and so undervalued, the morale is low and many are regularly unhappy and voice their unhappiness.
Cons
Highly underpayed and undervalued
9 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are truly sorry that your time at Vancouver Career College did not meet your expectations and we would like to learn more about your experience. Please email us at hrteam@career.college so we can review improvement opportunities.

Productive and under pressure
A typical day at VCC would start very early, it would be fun and very busy with lessons and teaching the students.
I am learning to work by prioritizing things, following instructions.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Unpaid preparation time
9 December 2019
Thank you for the honest feedback of your time with us at Vancouver Career College!
Assistant Director of Admissions
100% commissions sales job, boiler room environment , work 7 days in a week , no work life balance , they are always hiring, huge turn over, employee leaving every week .
Pros
near to skytrain
Cons
near skytrain
9 December 2019

Summary
I enjoyed working for VCC, it was a rewarding experience teaching adults who wanted to learn a new career, new skills. It was also a great experience working at the hospital with the students as they were motivated and anxious to learn
Pros
Ambitious students
Cons
Not enough hours
9 December 2019
Thank you for the review and for the feedback! We are glad to hear you enjoyed working with students and your time with us at Vancouver Career College was rewarding!
Hectic but fun
Its a great place and lot of things to learn as an educator and instructor to many students. It is a rewarding opportunity to share knowledge to the future educators.
9 December 2019
Thank you for the review and for the feedback! We are happy to hear your time at Vancouver Career College has been a rewarding experience.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Career College. Our community is ready to answer.
2.2