Vancouver Career College Employee Reviews

Low Morale, Disorganized and High Turnover
Instructor (Former Employee) –  British Columbia8 March 2019
What is agreed for wages may not be what they give you.
Do not expect proper curriculum or for anything online to work properly. If you need help with this it may take days to get a response.
You get no paid prep time and most of the curriculum they have is outdated or non-existent so prep time is HUGE if you want your students to be successful.
There are some nice people there but the morale is abysmal.
High turn-over with people leaving all the time.
Poor company
Administrator (Current Employee) –  BC1 February 2019
I have learned a lot about many things working here and developed many skills, all self taught. The moto I have been told is "either sink or swim", but you are on your own. Due to employees being paid so little and so undervalued, the morale is low and many are regularly unhappy and voice their unhappiness.
Cons
Highly underpayed and undervalued
Productive and under pressure
Educational Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC4 January 2019
A typical day at VCC would start very early, it would be fun and very busy with lessons and teaching the students.
I am learning to work by prioritizing things, following instructions.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Unpaid preparation time
Assistant Director of Admissions
Assistant Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 September 2018
100% commissions sales job, boiler room environment , work 7 days in a week , no work life balance , they are always hiring, huge turn over, employee leaving every week .
Pros
near to skytrain
Cons
near skytrain
Summary
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC27 May 2018
I enjoyed working for VCC, it was a rewarding experience teaching adults who wanted to learn a new career, new skills. It was also a great experience working at the hospital with the students as they were motivated and anxious to learn
Pros
Ambitious students
Cons
Not enough hours
Hectic but fun
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC21 February 2017
Its a great place and lot of things to learn as an educator and instructor to many students. It is a rewarding opportunity to share knowledge to the future educators.
Productive a rewarding career
College Campus Director (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC9 February 2017
I love to assist individuals with their career goals through continuing their education.
I love to coach and influence my employees to be the best they can be.
Teachers are replaceable.
TESL Teacher (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 October 2015
Teachers are not valued. They are given a binder of material to teach. Very little teacher input is desired. There are scheduled raises, but when I got above a certain pay level my hours were cut, so they did not have to pay benefits.
Vancouver Career College
Accounting and Payroll Administrator (PCP) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 April 2015
This is the school I attended, finishing 2015. This was not a job however was full time schooling building my skills. This has taught me a lot about learning and taking the information I learnt to the next step applying the skills to a job in the future.
Instructor
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver16 March 2015
This was a job that is teaching students the Medical office assistant program. It is a wonderful job. This required a serires of different lecture styles to enhance student learning. This demonstrated skills, knowledge of the medical office field.
Good Company
Administration Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC27 October 2014
Good company to work for. Staff is friendly and you get a sense of accomplishment helping students
great
Instructor for MOA Program (Current Employee) –  vancouver british columbia25 October 2013
A great college to work for. Focus on student learning. Coworkers are wonderful. the hardest part of the job is the students with mental health issues. the best part of the job is the ability to be a great teacher.
Pros
good people to work for
Cons
different student ages in one class
A very active, focused place that takes students from Day 1 to job-ready.
ECE Instructor & Practicums (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC22 December 2012
Love the students and the activity level!
There is room to be creative within the curriculum,like field trips to view different aspects of the program. WE give the challenged students extra time to understand and absorb the curriculum fully.
Pros
students work with i-pads.
Cons
instructors need to help students with their i-pads if the tech support is not available.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Career College. Our community is ready to answer.

Vancouver Career College Reviews by Location