Vancouver Art Gallery

Vancouver Art Gallery Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
the Vancouver art gallery is a very good public place. where people can visit and get information about paintings, arts and enjoy to see them. Vancouver security staff and security service plane at gallery is very impressive. whenever a new guard join in gallery trained by the supervisor.
Pros
provide at gallery short break when you are feel tired
Cons
sometime doing long hours shift but i'm happy with long shift
An anazing place to work with exceptionally talented
creative people many of whom are underpaid for the immense amount of work and dedication they bring to this unique arts family.

Upper tier executive management continues to be somewhat disconnected from current market realities. The dream of the delayed new megagallery may now need modification after so much time has passed since inception and Sept.2015 public launch with Swiss starchitects.. The lack of updates, excitement and public enthusiasm in the absence of funding has negatively impacted a fluid political landscape in Ottawa, Victoria and now City Hall..

The replacement CDO needs definitively to be much more mature and creative. Fully established (preferably) in the Pacific coast art scene unlike the prior recent brief incumbent who brought only a well meaning but somewhat grey suit / uninspired artoccrat approach from cerebral Toronto that was a total mismatch..and wasted valuable time.

The hour is late and the need for strategic reorientation not yet fully acknowledged top of house. The board needs to realign with both potential now vacillating political and critical matching follow on private support.

I wish this extraordinary institution nothing but excellence in its next phase evolution - but it needs i realign with a changed marketplace and cut its cloth..
Vancouver art gallery is one of the most beautiful places in the world with so much nice people who they work there.

I loved to work there as a Security supervisor and customer service for about two years.
I had the opportunity to Volunteer in a cultural atmosphere that continuously indulged me in my passions for art. The staff were inviting and taught me how to run a successful gallery. The team that I got to observe intensely included me in their positions; therefore instilled the fascination to continue to pursue my admiration for the art world.
Pros
great experience
Cons
no cons!!
The job environment is absolutely fantastic. It's very entertaining to work as a coat checker during various events. I learned a lot from this job, my co workers are very helpful and trustworthy.There's nothing hardest about this job.
day in day out i got to teach guards the role they would play in working at the gallery the hardest part was when i worked long hours and not a lot of down time but i did enjoy working with everyone there
I work as a tour guide and I have to say I really enjoy my work there. Co-workers are friendly, but remember that this is a big organization so you have to be careful about all the protocols.
Everyone I worked with here was informative, helpful, and appeasing. It was an honour to exhibit here as part of WE:Vancouver.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Vancouver Art Gallery?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Art Gallery. Our community is ready to answer.
4.6