Vancouver Airport Authority
Happiness score is 80 out of 100

Vancouver Airport Authority Employee Reviews

Canada74 reviews

Shift work, 12 hour long, 2 days/2nights/4off

Work environment was good 10-15 years ago, now is total different . Midle managers have no people skills at all.Senior managers don't meet with emploees to listen to their concerns, good days are long gone!

Fun place to work very entertaining. And good people a very friendly place to work.

I loved to work there it us a very nice place yo work with very friendly peopla to eork with, good team wirk throught out. Managers a superb they know what to do especialky to employees. Very flexible job no intimidation a multicultural place vatious nationalities work there almost all people fromm all continents of the world.

Pros

Food available everywhere but you buy them

Fast Paced and Fun

It was great experience worked at the Airport more than 3 years and got laid off due to Covid19. Looking forward to work again when Covid19 gets better. While im working there YVR is my home.

Pros

Meal Discount, Have all the access for the basic needs as an employee

Cons

Extra hours

Very productive especially for those beginner in relation for house keeping maintenance

I will suggest the work in YVR more fun and very much interesting for any positions and designations you'll be wish for as of everybody's ambition as new career.Thank You !

Amazing work experience....

Time flies at YVR...Amazing people around...Feels like going back to work everyday...Lot of fun doing regular work....You learn new things everyday....

Pros

You belong with a Community

Good workplace

YVR is a good place to work,overall,lots of benefits, good number of sick days , good salaries, nice environment!Some team managers need more training to improve their management skills.

Benefits

Cons

Night shifts

Fun Place to Work

It was a very fun place to work. Almost all the staff were kind and helpful. Learned lots of new skills and was able to take workshops. They also just opened a new staff gym. Job pressure level depends on job type.

Pros

10% airport shop discount, good bonuses, good health programs, good medical insurance, good pay

Cons

Tight and quiet workspace, not much room for mess up

Reccomanded to everyone

As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, YVR had to reduce its workforce to address the decrease in its operational requirements. My position was not among the reduced ones, but a more senior union member decided do exercise displacement rights and removed me from my work at YVR. Otherwise i will still be enjoying working at YVR.

My dream job

Maintenance crew working 12hr shifts four on four off. Lots of troubleshooting calls with a balance of work orders and preventative maintenance. Lots of different things to work on and therefore never boring. There’s really nothing bad to say other than COVID-19 ruined everything.

Amazing community oriented company

Perfect home & work life balance. Love working with people where the values of family and community matches my values. Would love to work there again.

productive

I was hire as groomer we clean all the airplane that assign to my supervisor, I quit because I need to find another job that more reasonable the salary to help my family

Employees fully cooperate to achieve the daily objectives.

A fast-paced job; many who come to pick up their arriving relatives are not very receptive to parking rules and regulations at the airport arrival area.

Pros

Straight-forward work - that is ensure continuous traffic flow in the arrival area.

Cons

Different practices by other co-employees inconsistent policy.

Productive and Amazing Environment..

A lot of interaction with fellow Travellers. Helping them with Baggage check in and Bag drop and Putting the Bag tags on the bags. It was an Amazing job working at an airport.

Ok

Poor management and leadership. The job is great and some of the coworkers are good to work with. The airfield is a fun place to work outdoors and meet other people.

Productive and Busy

It was great working at YVR, there was a lot of work to be done, and you always had the respect and help of others to achieve a team goal. It is a caring and thoughtful place to work.

• Checked and reserved air ticket after checking passenger’s passports, tickets and visas at the Vancouver Airport counter • Explained to the passenge

• Explained to the passengers the location of the restaurant inside the airport, the location of the international or domestic flights that the passengers didn't know very well. • Considering the passenger's boarding time, the check-in was quickly processed

fun workplace

I really liked the work environment at YVR. It is fun loving place. It is safe place to work night shifts.Easy to adjust different shift timings according to personal needs.

amazing environment to word

meet new people , enhance your knowledge , amazing place to anywhere safety first , ethics and conduct followed properly never felt bored at work overall best place to work anywhere at airport

Good place ho

People are great and it can be stressful at times but not too bad should be able to deal with passengers that dont speak english and have patience and easy to adapt

A good work place.

I had several time in inspection at this airport. It is a good airport! The workplace is friendly and respectable! The equipment and infrastructure is the world first flight one! There are so many different types of the restaurants to be chosen. The job security is good! The transportation to the city is very convenient.

Fun Environment

Good place to work good vibes Nice place Nice people Good Pay Good place to work good vibes work place culture you can grow if you like The hardest part of the job is the long commute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vancouver Airport Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement