Valvoline Instant Oil Change Employee Reviews

VIOC is a great job to start off at.
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL19 May 2018
At first I didn't think I would like working on cars. I didn't even think this job can turn into a career. They set you up for success. It's based on your paced to move up. The manager's and asst manager are they to help whenever.
Pros
Learn about cars.
Cons
You're going to get very dirty.
Feels like a good fit
Work as a Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TN19 May 2018
It would be a better fit for me if I were many years younger- I've still got alot to learn on the maintenance of new-wave vehicles! Cars that I'm familiar with don't often If ever come to get their oil changed by anyone other than themselves...
nice
Certified Technician / CSR (Former Employee) –  Stow, OH17 May 2018
this was one of my perfect jobs that i had, they worked around my school schedule and my personal schedule. it really was a great company and a perfect working group.
Great Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NY17 May 2018
VIOC is a great company to work for and I enjoyed working there. If you are ambitious and are looking to have a career instead of just a job, give it a try. It can be very hard work and advancing really depends on you. If not for my specific situation preventing me from doing so, I would probably still work there.
Fun workplace
Technician (Current Employee) –  Temple City, CA16 May 2018
Just started working here and I really enjoy it so far. The manager is really nice and helpful with teaching me what I need to be taught as well as helping me move up in the company.
Fun
Certified Technician (Former Employee) –  Town of Cortlandt, NY16 May 2018
When there are rushes of cars it can be hectic. Very patient with newbies.

Advancement is based on completing classes and filling out book-work. Some classes can be done out of the store with access to a computer. Some classes must be done in the shop. You may need to come in on time off to get lessons completed according to schedule.

Some stores are run differently than others.
Valvoline is excellent depending upon management
Customer Service / Top Side Technician (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MI16 May 2018
I absolutely love this job. They truly push you to succeed and help you improve your life professionally. They teach you from the ground up everything you need to know and constructively correct you to remembrance when needed. I absolutely recommend.
Pros
Family like, cool pay, insurance, always learning
Cons
Flexible but depending on your schedule, garage can be hot or cold so have to get used to it
primasfeer
Productiemedewerker/Heftruckchauffeur (Former Employee) –  dordrecht16 May 2018
We werkten in ploegendienst voor elke begin van de dienst was er tijd voor een praatje met collega en effe koffie of thee drinken
dan gingen we gelijk met de werkopdrachten beginnen.
de collega waar ik in een team mee werkte waren leuke en gezellige en harde werkers.
het leukste was het afwissel van de werkzaamheden
Pros
leuke collega en goeie werksfeer
Cons
weinig contact met managment
fun at first
Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX13 May 2018
so my main issue with this company is that they don't pay enough. they expect you to go above and beyond to increase sales yet you don't get anything in return. the company says you can move up fast but that's bs because you have to train on the job at a computer. you cant train off the clock which makes it impossible to complete any of the training.
Terrible and unorganized
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Raytown, MO13 May 2018
Management let's anything slip by. People no call no show all the time with no consequences. All the company cares about is how much money you make them. If you make the company alot of money you could literally slap your boss in the face and you wouldn't get fired
Pros
40 hours a week
Cons
Awful managment. They dont care if youre a good employee if you dont make them money
Great work for a strong willed person
Service Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI12 May 2018
Depending on what franchise you work for VIOC can be a potential career. The money is good and bonus program is legit. Benefits are very good. If you are willing to work hard and foster a hard working, accountable work culture the job is pretty easy.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Very long hours, at work more than home. Not much chance for advancement once you hit a certain point
Fast Paced
Arnold - Technician (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MO12 May 2018
Valvoline is a place where you start from the ground up. If show up on time and do their training program there's no reason why you wouldn't be able to move up in the company.
excellent company to work for
Service Center manager II (Area manager) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WA10 May 2018
Great place to start a career. They take excellent care of their employees. An excellent company to advance within. Great management, and great team members.
Awesome place to get your foot in the door to learn about cars
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NY6 May 2018
They teach you step by step on a safe way to learn about cars and work on that as well as customer service, team work, great habits, and become confident in what you know.
high turnover rate
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TN3 May 2018
store managers are rearely seen actually doing anything in their home stores while everyone else is having to struggle with being down a person on their shift
Team Effort
Top Side Technician (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MA3 May 2018
Productive place to work, lots of down time during bad weather, busier toward the end of the day after regular 9-5 working hours. Weekends are steady paced.
Its a job
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CA1 May 2018
This is definitely just a job to get by. Pay is good but quickly get capped off by a need by upper management to rush people through job titles just to improve self image.
Productive workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Malden, MA1 May 2018
A lot of the stuff I learned I wouldn’t have learned if I didn’t badger my managers. Shifts are long when managers don’t know how to make schedules and even longer when they don’t know how to delegate
if you have a family dont work for this company
CSR Technician (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CA1 May 2018
valvoline does not care about there employees there sneaky they only consider them selves one of the worst jobs ive had poor management no room for advancement
Pros
discount on oil changes
Cons
very poor management
Very unprofessional and chaotic
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX1 May 2018
As much as they charge for oil changes they should be able to pay their employees way more. Bad energy. When one employee was having a bad day the entire crew had a bad day. Lot of persistent button pushing.
Pros
Use of garage for personal work on vehicle
Cons
Immaturity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Valvoline Instant Oil Change. Our community is ready to answer.