Value Village Thrift Store Employee Reviews for Cashier

You become part of the Village family
Cashier, Production. (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC17 January 2019
Value Village does valuable work within the local community and the world community. They have an excellent benefits package for full time staff that is difficult to find in any sort of entry-level job like this. Managers and supervisors care about their staff, and though there is not high turnover for these positions, a promotion or raise is a relatively attainable goal for any hard-working employee to obtain. My old supervisors still greet me by name and it often feels like I'm just leisurely shopping and chatting after clocking out despite not having worked for Value Village in years.
My coworkers are like family and it is a great environment to work in.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB8 October 2018
• Value village taught me patience and good communication skills with both the customers and my coworkers.
• My job includes handling cash properly, cleaning up the store (general recovery), helping customers find what they want, organizing racks of clothes in order, managing multiple tasks at once, putting away items to their proper place and seeking out loss prevention.
Pros
I get along with the people that work there and the customers.
Cons
Not enough pay
Environmental friendlybecause of items being re-used.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 April 2018
A typical day is trying to get used to different customers and their moods. Great place to shop for very unique bargains. The hardest part of the job is smiling when customers are rude and abnoxious. The great part is knowing that reducing waste helps the environment.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No benefits as a part-timer
Its a job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL14 April 2018
paid the bills. the staff was excellent , but im more of a server type of girl. Its a great place to work as long as you are an easy going person. Mgmt kinda sucked.
fast paced work environment with great staff
Cashier/CDC Attendant (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB24 February 2018
it was a very easy job to come and go from the hours where consistent and so was the staff. sometime expectations where quite high and that did put a little stress on the staff creating slight tension. They are very strict about recycling with good reason, and the company its self is very passionate about helping the planet and people. good staff programs like health care, sick days and vacation time.
Overall good workplace, learned valuable work experience.
Operations Team Member and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON19 February 2018
First official part time job, learned valuable work experience that helped me later. Learned how to lead others. Fine tuned organizational skills, customer interactions and cashiering.
Interesting.
cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 January 2018
A typical day is a lot of unstable people coming in and out, and saying a lot of inappropriate things to people. Generally, they're good stories, but they're weird. Management was very friendly and nice.
good workplace
cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 November 2017
was a cashier and a clothes sorter. helped customers and answered questions. took payments for items. worked the 50% off sales every month. enjoyed talking to the customers. was a loyal employee.
It was fun working there.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON18 April 2017
I absolutely love the people i worked with. They were like a second family to me. I also enjoyed going to qork everyday the customers were the best part of working there. Not to mention it was very easy to learn.
Pros
Got discounts in everything
Cons
Weren't always garenteed hours
Fun to work with.
Cashier/Team Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 September 2013
Diverse culture and very fun to work with. Gives career opportunities to deserving employees.