Value Village Thrift Store Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Productive and fun workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2019
Most people at Value Village team are happy, helpful and friendly. Love working here. In busy days, the store can get messy very quick and its up to us to take care of it. Everyone helps each other and that's the most important.
Pros
Friendly supervisors and managers
Cons
Security issues (theft)
One of the most interesting places to work
Part Time (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2018
A typical workday at this place is usually kind of boring something is always messy so there is a lot to do when you are there. It is filled with so many different workers so there is a little bond at work, even people you didn't get along with you learned to coexists with and that's the beautiful thing about that place. You can't not stop but to have conversation with people even customers. Unfortunately , we can not stop doing our work for three seconds to talk to customers, as there is strict rules about talking to customers at this work place. Which is weird at a workplace because with such a diverse population it is important to know who you are around. You can meet some wonderful people, some people who walk a different path in life and some real creeps. That is the number one thing I would want someone to take from this review, it is be aware that it is not in the safest location, and people can be quite intimidating. Mangers are a mix some of them are very respectful of people of colour, and different gender expression though mangers did say there would be change and I did have a couple of mangers who actually cared about my existence and my identity and it really helped me get along. Big turnovers and can't trust most lead mangers. It is honestly mentally exhausting and can go from five hours to 9 hours. You have to learn how to have a hectic life.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Lack of respect for identity
productive
Team member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2018
Everyday is busy. There is a quota to reach for the week. I learned how to choose which items to be sold and to be recycled. Its a hard labor job and hardest part for me is lifting.
Pros
very helpful staff and you get all the training needed
Cons
less hours on winter
Flexable and comfortable workplace
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2018
A typical day working at Value Village included keeping shelves stocked and organized, pricing items, keeping the store clean and organized, and greeting and assisting customers. The management was friendly and understanding and the overall workplace culture was open, fun, and understanding.
Excellent place to work
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2018
Value Village is an excellent place to work. It can be a very fun environment and every day is different. It is very focused on team work and communication. There are also very many opportunities to grow with the company.
fun and friendly ambient
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2018
An enjoyable workplace. Not to organized with their times, focused on their sales, loyal members of the team that dedicate their time to helping work members understand the fundamentals of their organization.
Pros
lenient staff
Cons
un organized
productive and fun place to work at
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2017
it was a good experience to work at this store. I learned how to be determined. Management was great. The hardest part of the job is working night and being a student as well. the most enjoyable part of the job is getting free pizza on sales day.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Good management and have benifits for the full time workers.
Production Worker & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2017
Value Village is very fast paced environment. It is very hard working environment. They have health and pension plans for full time staffs. I did not feel monotonous because I worked different areas.
Pros
benifits for staffs
Cons
heavy work
Unpleased
Community Donation Centre Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 June 2017
Management will not listen to one request you have to make work life easier and still keeping productivity at a an all time, efficient high. If I were you I would not make the same mistake as me, working there.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Nearly everything
productive fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2017
Interacting with customers
Multicultural place
I love Halloween
Management is ok
Hardest part is when your disrespected and taken for granted by people.
Fun fast paced work environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2015
Fun place to work if you enjoy fast paced workplaces. A lot of cleaning involved and plenty of customer service. Co workers are generally very friendly.
Pros
fast paced, never boring.
Cons
morning shifts are slow