Value Mobile

Value Mobile Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews
always busy
if you like selling phones then you would like this place but if you like to get good commission I would not really recommend this place. pay little and late
Pros
learned so much from that place
Cons
long hours no chair
I was a sales representative. Opening and closing of store
Key holder for cash register, responsible for daily cash count

Identifying customer needs and proving optimal solutions
Great place to get your foot inside cellular industry
Being a part of this organization I have stated gathering all the information about cellular industry and its growth and how to successfully close sales whenever there is an opportunity.
It was overall a learning experience for me.
It was a overall a learning experience for me. Surely it was good as in something to begin with. Will Recommend other people to do the same.
Had great experience working in Value Mobile.
It was amazing experience working in Value Mobile. Loved to interact with different people. Enhance speaking skills and build confidence to talk with all kinds of people. Overall, I learnt lot of things.
Informative workplace with good employers.
It was a good experience, I have got to learn a lot from the company and I have gained years of experience dealing with customers and trying to sell our products/plans.
Pros
It was a very convenient job with suitable hours flexible timings.
Cons
Didn’t get much raise over the years.
Productive work environment
Value Mobile taught me a lot when it came to sales and hows to be a proper Sales Associate and Key holder. Being promoted to keyholder was a big step for me because Value Mobile was my first job.
Value Mobile
If you need a first job and an entry into the mobile wireless industry this is a really good way to get your foot in the door. The pay is not good nor is the management, but the culture pretty good. Hardest part of the job is your pay will not match the amount of work you will be doing. However, it is an interesting experience working for this company.
Pros
Meet people
Cons
dead locations
flexible schedule
Very fun to meet clients and talk to them face to face.
It was a family owned small business with a very small room for growth. I did not have paid vacation. However, I had worked for couple of years there.
mis-managed and inappropriate
the hours are ok, however the upper management is less favorable to people who are of non-Indian descent.

Particular management staff make promises every week and never fulfill on them.

NEVER do more than what you have to for this company, the are truly thankless and WILL take full advantage of anyone. it's truly very sad, loyalty and hard work is not appreciated and disrespected.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
mismanagement in many levels
Sales
When first coming in read all emails to make sure you are updated on any Wireless changes. Help customers choose the best phone/plan for their needs. Help customers with any phone related problems.
Pros
In accordance with Mall hours
Cons
Not the best head office management
good learning all days
This company provides you a brand new platform towards the cellular segment. This company gives you opportunity to learn every days new skills. Head office staff is very good in every day requirement.
productive workplace
Value Mobile is a very exceptional & productive workplace, with an amazing management team. The main part of the job as a sales representative at VM is creating brand new phone lines for new customers whom are looking for a new cellular device with four of the major phone carriers Value Mobile carries (Fido, Wind, Mobilicity & Wind Mobile). Definitely the best bunch i have worked with at this company, more than coworkers they feel like friends.
Pros
commission & incentives
Great few years
VM is the perfect job for students. My only issue is that there aren't many promotions. Coworkers are cool, management is nice. It teaches you a lot
Fun Workplace
Definitely a good place to work. The team is very nice and it is a good place to start your career in sales. It is fast paced and you gain a lot of skills such as customer service, sales, interpersonal skills.
Its fun and competitive work environment
Its a very nice place to start and grow your career in sales and management.
Its an okay enviroment
Typical day at work is doing activations with the customer. Trying to find the best plan to fit their everyday life. Trying to keep their needs our number on priority. I have learned a lot from this company. especially being a " newbie" on the plans. Ive leared a lot on what each company between Chatr Wind Mobilicity and Fido has to offer. Haredest part of the job was dealing with finiky customers and the management. they were not understanding and their expectations.
The most enjoyable part of the job was closing the deal with the customers.
Pros
the staff was amazing to work with. Also the enviroment.
Cons
long hours. No lunch breaks
Productive and diverse location to work at
Dealing with various different customers, providing services for them on new products and services with different cell phone carriers. Management was always open to new ideas and collaborative. Learned various ways to handle customers. The hardest part of the job was to deal with customers who come in with complaints and argue with you which we had to handle with care and made sure the customers did not hold any grudge and had there work completed.
Helped to Bring up activation's
• Worked toward achieving a store monthly target of 500+ activations.
• Developed, implemented and monitored programs to maximize customer satisfaction. Investigated and resolved customer inquiries and complaints in an empathetic manner.

• Monitored the daily activations of the team members and trained them to archive their targets.

• Assumed ownership over team productivity and managed work flow to meet or exceed quality service goals
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Working with four Cell Phone Providers
-Performing activations, selling cell phones, selling phone cards, adding inventory, ordering inventory, managing bank accounts.
-Learned about customer service and Cell Phone company environment.

-Managed staff and retail store.

-Keeping staff motivated

-Satisfying slients

Pros
Customer Service
Cons
Long Hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Value Mobile. Our community is ready to answer.