Value Drug Mart

Value Drug Mart Employee Reviews

easy going and organized
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB15 July 2019
the staff was amazing and took their time teaching each other how to do stuff.
Fun Work Atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fairview, AB5 December 2018
It was a welcoming and warm work atmosphere. It gave me the opportunity to learn basic job duties and management was flexible. I felt included with all the staff members.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not many hours
Frustrating workplace with limited possibility for advancement
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB24 May 2018
Value Drug Mart is really only suitable as a place for temporary employment; there aren't really any future career opportunities with this company. The only advancement possible past the retail level is at one of their corporate locations - however, no one who works in a retail store really knows how they hire staff for corporate. They never post job offers or promote from their stores.
Pros
Hour lunch breaks
Cons
Poor pay
Great Workplace
Employee (Former Employee) –  Athabasca, AB8 May 2018
I worked at Value Drug Mart in highschool & for a few months after I graduated. The staff I worked with were wonderful & if you're a highschool student looking for part time work, I recommend this place! The hours for highschool students are perfect as the store is only open until 7 pm & closed on Sundays.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Give you lots of work, and learn new skills
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB29 October 2017
I would mainly run the cash register, and stock shelves as needed. In addition apart of the job was learning the post office, sorting mail and giving it to the right person. Learned how to operate a lottery machine.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Not friendly people to work with, and often nothing to do
Fun place to work
Cashier/Merchandiser/Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB3 October 2017
Great environment to work in.Very organised and well laid out. Merchandising was the best part and planning layouts. Enjoyed working with the customers.
Flexible and fun workplace with a great team
WAREHOUSE EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 July 2017
It is definitely a job that requires you to be physical but the group of people that work there are awesome and make the job 10 times easier. Work is simple and the employers are fair and flexible with whatever you need.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2017
A typical day included, Signing in, Team Meeting about what the day held in store, Lunch, another meeting at shift change, and sign out. the work included picking orders and getting orders ready to ship. Management had good workplace relationships with their employees.
Good part time work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB15 January 2017
This job is good if you're a student looking just for part time work. Stock was always done before school ended. Your major job was walk around the store and face and deal with customers.
Decent Job
Sales Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lac La Biche, AB3 January 2017
Often a lot of long boring work days but staff is very sociable and a great job to get involved with the community. I recommend this job.
Customer Service and Cosmetic (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB10 August 2016
The typical day pretty good but boring.
Learned to order products
Management was good
I loved my co-workers
Nothing was overly hard
Being able to help others
Pros
The staff, and the hours a day worked
Cons
Not working more than once or twice a week
Good coworkers; hard to work for manager
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, AB4 December 2015
I enjoyed the work I did and got along pretty well with most of my co-workers but I had a hard time getting along with my manager. I would work there again if the manager was no longer there.
Pros
Clean enveroment to work in
Cons
Manager hard to work for
Satisfying work with quick pace
Warehouse Shipping/ Receiving (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 December 2015
I loved working for this company; the management was compatible, functional, and knowledgeable.
Always supportive when complaints or suggestions were brought forward or concerns needed resolving.
Not afraid to promote and shuffle employees within the company to better suited positions.
Encouraging and would reward good work ethics.
The hardest part of the job was correcting errors that would occur.
The most enjoyable part of the job was training the new hires.
Pros
Great health benefits, Great RRSP arrangements, Family-type work environment
Cons
Busiest at seasonal times, Small errors could cause huge problems
Productive and Caring workplace
Pharmacist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Castor, AB22 October 2015
In the morning I would come in and count cash for the tills, then depending on the day would vacuum and clean the bathrooms. I would spend most of the day operating the till and lotto machine, while cleaning and stocking the stores shelves. During my time there I learned how to deal with customers and the responsibility it takes to have a full time job. I got along well with my co-workers and employers.
The hardest part of my job was when I was moved up to help in the Pharmacy at the back of the store. While this was a more rewarding position it was also more stressful.
I really enjoyed coming to work every day and having sense of purpose. It was a wonderful place to work, and I sometimes miss it.
Pros
Great people, good hours
Great Company terrible staff turn overs
Here I work as a full time clerk (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB18 October 2015
The company had a constant change of staff on a regular bases, and very little communication of what should be done. it left for alot of staff shortages and confusion.
Pros
discounts
Cons
constant change of staff
most of the people were great to work with
Receiver (Former Employee) –  edmonton alberta16 September 2014
busy go all the time. good co worker. some of the bosses no patiance
Pros
non
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representive (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB8 August 2014
Lots of team work, fast pace good place to work, stocking shelves and inventory.
Closely-knit working environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 March 2014
Due to Value Drug Mart being a smaller chain store owned privately, it feels like you are working in a closely-knit environment with the other workers, which is enjoyable. A typical day at work includes working the cash register, operating the lottery machine, helping customers, cleaning shelves and organizing, taking out the garbage, etc. The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers, which is a responsibility in any service job. The only complaint I have about working at Value Drug Mart is not being given a raise as often as I felt I deserved one.
Value drug mart
JUNIOR CLERK A/R & A/P (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta18 June 2013
I have been with Value Drug Mart for over eleven years and have found the workplace very enjoyable and family friendly. I love what I do in Accounts Payable and it is with great sadness that my job is ending.
Pros
Close to home