Valnet Inc.

Valnet Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada35 reviews
Productive workplace
I liked the fact that I was able to choose my work schedule and work from anywhere. This gave me a lot of time to work on other things and improve my life.
Pros
Work flexibility
Cons
Lack of job security
A great place to work at.
I have been a writer for Valnet for years now and greatly enjoy it.
The pay has been good and the people are great.

I really recommend this company as an employer.
Poor management
Editors treat writers poorly and always cut pay. They expect writers to do everything for them. Avoid all Valnet sites at all costs. All Valnet does is buy other websites and spam them with articles from other sites.
Anthropology majors should apply.
If you're something of a naturalist, there really is no better place to study human behaviour. Valnet Inc. is a fascinating intersection between office politics and identity politics—a rare glimpse into the 21st-Century's two most important branches of political philosophy.

Another job perk are the free lunches; top-notch, buffet style meals on the daily. Plus, every Wednesday is sandwich day! Speaking of sandwiches, while working at Valnet you'll also have the opportunity to learn what a 'compliment sandwich' is. Spoiler Alert: it's when you bury a real criticism between two fluffy layers of false praise.

Sounds questionable? It's not!

What makes this so effective is that it ensures no one ever has to be real. That way, superficial interactions are always positive and nobody's feelings get hurt. And, really, doesn't that outweigh the resentment, gossip, and myriad misunderstandings left in its wake?

I have no idea!
I didn't like it.
I worked for Hot Cars and was responsible for coming up with click bait content. The pay was $75 for just over 3,000 words which is better than some pay but not much when you need to include hours of research and finding and formatting your own images.
The manager I had was never happy with anything anyone did and would often make you feel bad for suggesting new content and titles. Some of the work that we were expected to write on were about sensitive subjects (ie The Worst Car Crashes Ever) but we needed to make it sound fun and exciting when people died and families were affected so it made me feel cheap and sleazy. I tried to write objectively and not formulate opinions about the vehicles/celebrities/trends that we were writing about but would have my work criticized for not being negative and opinionated.

If you are looking for work, they have plenty to do but if you want to sleep well at night and keep some of your soul then this may not be for you. I get that it needs to be interesting but once we start dragging people through the mud for modifying their cars a certain way or joking about people dying in horrific car crashes then it crosses a moral and ethical line for me and I couldn't do it anymore.
Work life
Overall, I would describe this as a very fun job to do. It offers a variety of different writing opportunities and you can work from the comfort of your own home.

On the other hand, the salary is kind of low. The more articles you publish, the more money you make.
Great Opportunity For Freelancers
Valnet offers freelancers an opportunity to work from the comfort of their own home. The pay is fair, the deadlines flexible and there’s growth opportunities. They do require writers to source information and photos according to reasonable specs. The editors are always available, always helpful and a pleasure to work with. Plus, it's a great way to add writing experience to your resume. It’s not for everyone, but it may work for you—it did for me. It’s definitely worth a shot.
Amazing work environment - Beware of freelance reviewers
I think a lot of the negative reviews of Valnet are coming from freelance writers, which I don't think is really fair because the experience as an employee in the office headquarters is incredible. Our office space is huge, the kitchen is fully stocked, foosball, ping pong, couches with a TV, comfortable seating areas (which you can work from!)... The list goes on!

While the work load can be demanding, I would much prefer this than a job where I am bored. And I've always been compensated for my hard work.
Pros
Motivating work environment, great Christmas party
Cons
Not a lot of inter-mingling between departments
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Valnet Inc.?
Certainly a great company culture!
I have been at Valnet for more than a year and it has been a pleasure working in such a dynamic environment. Everyone is very welcoming, making it easy for new employees to feel comfortable.
There is a lot of opportunity for growth, and to learn new skills and move up in the company. Upper management really recognizes those who share company values. Hard work does pay off!
Motivating Environment for Fresh Grads
It is no secret that Valnet is a culture based on performance. I feel that employees are given the opportunity to test their skills. I personally feel comfortable being pushed outside of my comfort zone, and I am continually pushed by my manager to take on more challenges. My favourite part is that my tasks and responsibilities are always evolving.
Work Hard, Play Hard
Valnet Inc provides a collaborative environment with good company culture for its employees. While Valnet comes with many perks, you must be willing to adapt to change easily as the technology industry is a fast pace environment and always changing! Perfect job for graduate students looking to start their career and gain experience.
A lot of free food.
A lot of free food. However, management is inadequate. A lot of contradictions in needs. They do not know what they want. Random decision taking. Go back on decisions all the time.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Horrible management, no remote work.
Positive Energy and Environment to work in!
I spend most of my day at my desk working on my three computer screens. Sometimes group meetings to best strategize for most optimization of our work. I've learned so much about social media culture, policies, business analyzation, reading statistic reports, creating business reports, and so much more. This job has been a productive learning experience, if nothing else. The hardest part of my job would be the fact that work does not stop at the office, however this is not something that I mind because I love my work. Just sometimes, it is hard to plan ahead for things because of this. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to work online doing research, working on things that I'm interested, working with photoshop, and with a team that is extremely positive.
Pros
Free lunches, kicthen fully stocked at all time, fun work events, open space work environment, relaxing office space, friendly co-workers, benefits
Cons
Things can change from one day to the next
Modern, young and great company
Welcoming team that values teamwork. Great training right from the beginning. Your opinion is valued and considered. Good benefits inside and outside the office. Modern company vibe that suits the contemporary times we live in.
Pros
catered food, stacked kitchen, not scared of hiring young recent graduates
Cons
performance based environment not suited for everyone
Clickbaith content and workaholic culture
There is a reason why this company keeps hiring.
The work here is hard, very stressful.

You will work on weekends like everyone else.

It's like a McDonald job, it's good if you want to get some skills and work on an insane amount of project. But then you have too move on once you get good at it.
Pros
Free lunches, a lot of nice people
Cons
Stressful, don't get attached to people
Valnet is a positive work environment with many benefits. If you are willing to work hard the company, the company also works hard for you. The opportunities for advancement are always present for those who earn it. Most employees love what they are doing which creates a fun and encouraging work environment for everyone.
Great company to work for a short period of time
This is not a company to work for long term. Very high turnover and very bad work life balance. Amazing benefits, outings, tons of catered food, snacks and Lou he area. The pay is very decent.
Pros
Free food
Cons
High turnover
Environnement de travail productif et agréable.
Ce fut un plaisir de travailler chez Valnet. Tous les collègues étaient sympathiques et disponibles pour aider. De grands défis et des objectifs intéressants font du travail chez Valnet une grande motivation.
Underpaying Creeps
Be warned. These people pay literally a third less than minimum wage for a 500-word article. And you're expected to source the topics and media yourself. Creeps.
Pros
Cons
See above.
Great company with flexible working time
Articles for Valnet Inc.'s websites like Baby Gaga and The Talko are quite long as they should be at least 2,500 words but I enjoy doing them. The management is basically just the editor and HR I find no problem with it at all. Writers rarely come together for online meetings but I don't mind and probably a good thing for introverts like me. I love how flexible the company's deadline is for the writers.
Pros
Time flexibility
Cons
No benefits
Wouldn't recommend for any freelancers
This workplace is not conducive to creativity at all, when it comes to topic suggestions and editorial thinks communication works 'one-way' with freelancers. How much do you think a content firm should pay you for approximately 4,000 to 5,000 words?
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Alarming lowest pay per article (not pay per word or hour!) in all of Canada, Controlling editorial