Valnet Inc. Employee Reviews

Wouldn't recommend for any freelancers
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2018
This workplace is not conducive to creativity at all, when it comes to topic suggestions and editorial thinks communication works 'one-way' with freelancers. How much do you think a content firm should pay you for approximately 4,000 to 5,000 words?
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Alarming lowest pay per article (not pay per word or hour!) in all of Canada, Controlling editorial
Horrendous company. Pretty sure it's a scam.
Writer (Former Employee) –  Remote14 May 2018
Horrendous company. Absurd click bait articles on topics that are pitched to writers that know nothing about them. You're basically making well under minimum wage for the time that the articles take to write, and your pay will be cut in any way they can find a way to do so.

Stay away from this company if you value your time. You can write for a month and they will simply tell you afterwards that they can't pay you. I've heard from numerous people saying the same thing about pay being completely cut. This company promises to pay, but then a day or two before pay day, they say that they are ceasing to pay you, even despite the agreement on payment for articles that are already published. I'm pretty sure the whole company is just a scam. No reputable company can actually be this bad and treat employees the way they do.
Pros
None. Pretty sure the company is a scam.
Cons
Not being paid for work, poor communication, poor management, fake company
A Great Career Decision!
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 April 2018
Valnet will go above and to ensure that their employees are happy. They offer a multitude of growth opportunities for their employees and will make sure that our voices are heard. If you are looking for an organization that will emphasize positivity and company culture, I can guarantee that you will love it here! From team lunches, to staff events, chalkboard drawings and ping pong games on your breaks, there are always ways to get involved! If you are looking for a creative and challenging environment, this is the place to be. The company is fast growing and will definitely add to your career path in a positive way.
Best company I've ever worked for
Manager (Current Employee) –  User Acquisition16 February 2018
I've been here for a year now. The management, and the employees at Valnet are friendly, driven, and incredible to work with. The family I've made at work makes me excited to come in everyday. There are a lot of company events like ski trips, birthday lunches, quarterly dinners, poker nights, etc., that really bring the team together. Also, in terms of salary, bonuses and benefits, I've never had a job that gave back like this. I feel really appreciated and valued here.

On the other side of things, you do work on weekends, but you are well compensated with bonuses for extra effort put into your accounts. Also, it's a competitive environment so it can be challenging if you're not a self-starter, and do not plan to grow or adapt.
Pros
Salary + Benefits + Bonus
Cons
Long Hours
Supportive Team
Editor (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC15 February 2018
If you're looking for a company that encourages team building and shared knowledge, then Valnet is the perfect fit for you. The team works extremely hard every day, and you will definitely need to stay motivated even when you are facing challenges, but there is always someone there to support you.
Innovative People
N/A (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC15 February 2018
Valnet promotes a culture of performance, which definitely keeps employees motivated and stimulated. The managers promote internally, so you know that if you work hard and prove yourself, you can grow quickly. More importantly, the team is super creative and always excited about facing a new challenge!
Young Company Full Of Ambitious Employees
Content Editor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 February 2018
The working environment is always fast paced but the culture of the office makes it feel as though you're enjoying the company of your co-workers. Managers are constantly communicating with those under them.

The job, like any, is stressful at times but it's also very rewarding, as the company knows how to encourage hard work and keep their employees from getting complacent.
Pros
Free lunches, fun company events, great culture, young company on the rise
Cons
Working off hours, ongoing changes, very competitive for advancement
Great place to be a part of.
Content Writer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 January 2018
I work as a content writer/graphic designer for the company. and they have been nothing but super suportover and a sheer joy to work with. I have no complaints. great team great people.
Not Organized
Editor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 November 2017
No one talks to each other and everyone is confused.
The management is completely lost and restructures happen daily.
Not enough work and tight deadlines.
Pros
Free coffee in office
Great Work Environment
Editr (Current Employee) –  Ville Ste. Laurent, QC20 November 2017
1. The work environment is very welcoming, and the team really tries to make you feel like part of the team from the start. It’s a large company, so sometimes it is difficult to meet and become familiar with new employees, but the events are fun and give you the opportunity to meet people you wouldn’t speak to on a daily basis. The company puts a lot into providing perks and team building activities.

2. You’re given the freedom to get creative with your position and to benefit from shared learning between colleagues. Change happens pretty quickly at Valnet, as they push to stay ahead of the trends, so there’s never a chance to be bored!
Excellent Work Environment!
N/A (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 November 2017
It is no secret that Valnet is a culture based on performance. I feel that employees are given the opportunity to test their skills. I personally feel comfortable being pushed outside of my comfort zone, and I am continually pushed by my manager to take on more challenges. While it can be very difficult at times, I am happy to be learning at such a rapid pace and I feel proud of what I have achieved. My favorite part is that my tasks and responsibilities are always evolving.
Very poor management
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Montreal1 November 2017
Management has little training and does not know how to oversee a company, they have very poor communication with employees regarding expectations and tasks, and there is a culture where people they like will succeed better than those who do good work.
Pros
Decent salary and projects
Cons
Poor management, unrealistic expectations, poor communication
Poor management but nice staff
Editor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 October 2017
Lack of communication between management and the creatives (artist, writers, editors, etc)
Nice office and friendly team staff.
Great office location.
Expect Too Much Work Out Of Office Hours
Editor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 October 2017
You better be ready to work all weekend and on holidays and vacations (for no extra pay) because that's what they expect from you. They fire people left and right. Never get too comfortable.