Valnet Inc. Employee Reviews

Not Organized
Editor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 November 2017
No one talks to each other and everyone is confused.
The management is completely lost and restructures happen daily.
Not enough work and tight deadlines.
Pros
Free coffee in office
Great Work Environment
Editr (Current Employee) –  Ville Ste. Laurent, QC20 November 2017
1. The work environment is very welcoming, and the team really tries to make you feel like part of the team from the start. It’s a large company, so sometimes it is difficult to meet and become familiar with new employees, but the events are fun and give you the opportunity to meet people you wouldn’t speak to on a daily basis. The company puts a lot into providing perks and team building activities.

2. You’re given the freedom to get creative with your position and to benefit from shared learning between colleagues. Change happens pretty quickly at Valnet, as they push to stay ahead of the trends, so there’s never a chance to be bored!
Excellent Work Environment!
N/A (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 November 2017
It is no secret that Valnet is a culture based on performance. I feel that employees are given the opportunity to test their skills. I personally feel comfortable being pushed outside of my comfort zone, and I am continually pushed by my manager to take on more challenges. While it can be very difficult at times, I am happy to be learning at such a rapid pace and I feel proud of what I have achieved. My favorite part is that my tasks and responsibilities are always evolving.
Abysmal management
Editor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 November 2017
Work/ life balance is terrible. Amount of work that is expected of you is so great that you have no choice but to work on weekends and throughout your vacation. This is not stated explicitly by management but implied as part of the company culture. Therefore employees feel obliged to carry out the workload (overtime is not paid). The workplace culture is toxic and the appalling management serves only to aggravate these problems.

In terms of the type of content Valnet produces, the company's main goal is quantity, not quality. Most sites produce a litany of sensationalist, misogynist clickbait articles whose main goal is to attract clicks and generate traffic. As an editor you are nothing more than a glorified grammar checker with no say in actual content direction.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No vacation
Very poor management
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Montreal1 November 2017
Management has little training and does not know how to oversee a company, they have very poor communication with employees regarding expectations and tasks, and there is a culture where people they like will succeed better than those who do good work.
Pros
Decent salary and projects
Cons
Poor management, unrealistic expectations, poor communication
Badly mismanaged, low pay and not enough work
Editor (Former Employee) –  Montreal9 October 2017
Company structure keeps changing and constantly have to deal with new managers who are completely out of touch with unrealistic goals. The volume of projects you get is misadvertised as they hired way too many people recently so there's not enough work for each channel.

Pay is low and company tries to wring you dry, asking you to do more and more on each video when they aren't even giving you enough work. Bonuses got removed for BS reasons (we're doing too well) which was essentially a huge pay cut, and the atmosphere of the company feels very hostile towards the editors who actually make all the revenue for everyone. No respect.

The office is cool but you aren't allowed to go there anymore. This is an easy job to get but do not rely on it.
Pros
Flexible, working remotely
Cons
Low pay, bad conditions, random pay cuts, not enough work
Expect Too Much Work Out Of Office Hours
Editor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 October 2017
You better be ready to work all weekend and on holidays and vacations (for no extra pay) because that's what they expect from you. They fire people left and right. Never get too comfortable.
nice compagny
Monteuse video (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC5 April 2017
I work at a freelancer , it's normal than i don't have any-benefits- job security- advancement but people there are really nice. They are growing fast so they need to reajust constantly things. Sometime they have difficulties to keep up but overall this is a good compagny to work for.

Want to know more about Valnet Inc.?

Ask a question