Valleybrook Gardens Ltd Employee Reviews for Laborer

Tough Job but good money
Greenhouse Labourer (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON23 May 2018
It is hard work daily, however you can make some good friends during the season. There are days where the weather can be a lot. Management can be difficult to handle with sometimes.
Fast paced and challenging work environment with some perks
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  General Labourer25 November 2013
A typical day at Valleybrook Gardens Ltd would consist of picking labels and pre-pricing them than assisting with the pick up and loading of product. I learned a lot of about different plants and about the different stages a plant goes through before reaching it's intended customers/consumers. The most difficult part of the job was the long hours. During the busiest part of the season most employees reached 60+ hours a week. Management was OK as there was several leaders and heads of department. It allowed for easy communication at times and made it difficult at others. The most enjoyable part of the job was the perks of working with great people. I met several people I could relate to and it allowed the days to pass by quicker. I would without a doubt return for another season.
Pros
Lots of position opportunities and great workers
Cons
Very long hours and is only seasonal
A great place to work
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake24 September 2013
I have gained many valuable skills over the years I've worked for Valleybrook Gardens.