Valleybrook Gardens Ltd Employee Reviews

Long days, laborous
Greenhouse Labourer (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON30 March 2019
The work can be fun if you like plants and being active. It will take a few days to get into the routine and your body to adjust to the physical demands. It’s a good student job. Some of the management is immature and unprofessional. But if you look past that it can be fun, you make some friends, you’re in the sunshine and you’re getting a workout. Just don’t let it get to you personally and end the day at work - come home relax and know it’s only a temporary job if that’s what you’re looking for. Good experience. You’re working in all weather conditions. So if it’s a rainstorm and they have orders to pick, you’re still out there working.
Pros
Active, team environment, fun
Cons
Long days, outdoors in all weather
Easy going and flexible
DZ/Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON3 January 2019
As a temporary employer, its an enjoyable place to work. I've witnessed how the different levels of management interact equally with its employees. The formula this company is using, seems to leave each individual with the feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day... me included. Probably the hardest part of this Job, is having to travel (the gauntlet) the 401. While it is manageable, it requires your driving skills to be at their most highest alert, it tests your patience and a lesson in courtesy that will get you where you are going safely.
Pros
Free open country roads
Cons
Highways that turn into parking lots
Tough Job but good money
Greenhouse Labourer (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON23 May 2018
It is hard work daily, however you can make some good friends during the season. There are days where the weather can be a lot. Management can be difficult to handle with sometimes.
Fast paced and challenging work environment with some perks
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  General Labourer25 November 2013
A typical day at Valleybrook Gardens Ltd would consist of picking labels and pre-pricing them than assisting with the pick up and loading of product. I learned a lot of about different plants and about the different stages a plant goes through before reaching it's intended customers/consumers. The most difficult part of the job was the long hours. During the busiest part of the season most employees reached 60+ hours a week. Management was OK as there was several leaders and heads of department. It allowed for easy communication at times and made it difficult at others. The most enjoyable part of the job was the perks of working with great people. I met several people I could relate to and it allowed the days to pass by quicker. I would without a doubt return for another season.
Pros
Lots of position opportunities and great workers
Cons
Very long hours and is only seasonal
A great place to work
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake24 September 2013
I have gained many valuable skills over the years I've worked for Valleybrook Gardens.