Vallen Employee Reviews

customer service/VMI/branch safety
Customer service/branch safety /Vendor maintenance (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 June 2018
one of the worst places I have ever worked. The only good part to the job was doing VMI services for the customers. Sales people were great to deal with other then that the job sucked.
Average oil based office job
Customer Service Representative-Major Projects (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2018
Professional office, most of the staff were very friendly and were a joy to work with.
Poor management and with lack of direction.
Product training was lacking.
Pros
co workers
Cons
management
Great place to work, safe enviroment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 April 2018
very safety conscience. Good people. The warehouse is very clean and well organized. Managment is very friendly and helpful. It is a great place to work
Need a change for good
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton eastgate24 March 2018
Just willing to more experience in diffrent feild with more money . I am very paaaionte towards my work . Responsible worker. Deal with customer counter and value of customers order or time .
productive
Customer Service Representative - Technical (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB9 February 2018
typical work day, busy high pace
challenging and everyday is different , work with great people.
never ending help for all different areas in the company
N/a
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB8 February 2018
Good place to work, Friendly staff and many perks within the company. Large company with a small family feel. A lot of people within the organization with specific product knowledge.
Great workplace with good benefits
Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 September 2017
Great workplace with great management lots of advancement opportunities. Good benefit program and good fatigue management systems in place to make the job easier.
Great People, Easy Work.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 August 2017
Great place to start out in. All the people are super friendly, even new hires. typical day is picking products from shelves and loading them into totes for transport around the warehouse. It is a huge place and you have to be able to be on your feet all day long, walking constantly. very easy job otherwise. definitely recommend it if you can deal with how taxing on your body walking in steel toes every day is. I think I clocked ~15,000-20,000 steps in one day a good few times.
Pros
Great pay, Good hours, Easy work
Cons
Hard on the feet
not fun
Industrial courier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 July 2017
trash all around. Company does its job, but recently bought by french investors. not a fun place to work. kind staff but overall negative outlook. branches may vary
Cons
everything.
great place to work
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK30 June 2017
great place to work.

I've worked at multiple locations and every location has a great atmosphere. Starting from upper management right to the bottom.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 March 2017
Just a great company with great people wish I never left. Vallen is on track to lead the industry thur their approach of embracing technology while maintaining a human environment
Always learning.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB17 March 2017
Every day I am faced with finding new and interesting products for customers. Working in a fast paced environment and not having enough time in a day to get everything done. I enjoy the rapport with the repeat customers i have built over the years in this industry.
Pros
Training on products
Cons
Company run very lean when it comes to staff, all employees are doing multiple jobs.
A nice full-time job
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 March 2017
Job positions here are very stable, I kept my job here during oil industry collapse. It is a very positive work environment and the work itself is generally easy. Management is very laid-back, that can be a good thing and a bad thing. Salaries have been frozen for about 2 years now, no one has had a raise in a long time.
Excellent place to work
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2017
Not much to say except a really positive attitude throughout from the CEO on downwards. Love it here. No micro-management.
Pros
Good pay, good hours, good people
Cons
not very good place for a none white person
Distribution center (Purchaser) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 December 2016
is a good place if you are white and have a relative working working there.

every little to advance there, most of the people have been working there for over 20 years and the new ones are their sons or relatives.
Pros
nothing that i can really tell
Cons
no sure
Excellent Company to work for
Credit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC27 September 2016
Excellent company to work for. Achieved my CCP through here. fun working with both our internal and external customers. Challenging through the Energy dive but learnt alot on how to manage and minimize risk.
Data Analyst and Vendor Pricing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 June 2016
I have nothing to say or comment on regarding the job or the company that I had worked for thank you. My group was laid off due to internal department restructuring.
Cons
the customers were great and we all got along as employees.
Shipper/Receive/order picker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2016
This is a good place to work. The other employees are empathetic and understanding.
It is a place where they respect your right to have religion.
The bennifets were decent and im sure as time went on the bennifets would have gottne better.
Pros
we had lunch and learns where they would buy lunch.
Cons
could have had creamers instead of coffee mate.
Really enjoyd working here
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB26 September 2015
Overall Vallen has been a great place to work at the past 27 years and I never thought that the job would be leaving me thanks to our economy. I wanted to retire from this company but that just didn't work out
Pros
working with my fellow co-workers, we had a good group of people.
Cons
non really
Family first concept
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  FORT MCMURRAY24 September 2015
Very structured , supportive manager , great work hours, great people to work with , supportive in an family energency situations, decent amount of red tape and politics
Pros
mon-fri 8-5