Vallen Employee Reviews

Several Long Time Employees, Just Poor Leadership
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 July 2018
Sticking to your work assignment is key at Vallen. Working outside the box is frowned upon. If you can stick to your assignment, and do your best to tow the company lines, then you will do fine.
There are several perks, like employee purchases, and having freedom to take personal time off as needed, as long as it is not abused.
Pros
Employee Purchases
Cons
Poor Leadership
customer service/VMI/branch safety
Customer service/branch safety /Vendor maintenance (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 June 2018
one of the worst places I have ever worked. The only good part to the job was doing VMI services for the customers. Sales people were great to deal with other then that the job sucked.
Average oil based office job
Customer Service Representative-Major Projects (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2018
Professional office, most of the staff were very friendly and were a joy to work with.
Poor management and with lack of direction.
Product training was lacking.
Pros
co workers
Cons
management
Great place to work, safe enviroment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 April 2018
very safety conscience. Good people. The warehouse is very clean and well organized. Managment is very friendly and helpful. It is a great place to work
Need a change for good
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton eastgate24 March 2018
Just willing to more experience in diffrent feild with more money . I am very paaaionte towards my work . Responsible worker. Deal with customer counter and value of customers order or time .
Great company
Inside Sales/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 March 2018
They trained their staff well, reviewed them fairly, the sales department worked well as a team. The company as a whole had great team players. Good work was always recognized.
productive
Customer Service Representative - Technical (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB9 February 2018
typical work day, busy high pace
challenging and everyday is different , work with great people.
never ending help for all different areas in the company
N/a
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB8 February 2018
Good place to work, Friendly staff and many perks within the company. Large company with a small family feel. A lot of people within the organization with specific product knowledge.
shipper
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 November 2017
i worked the shipping dept. after my first week i took over the shipping dept and reconfigured the shelving to make better productivity. I managed 8-11 staff to work two fast paced lanes for building skids.
Pros
team environment
Cons
moved to bc
Great workplace with good benefits
Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 September 2017
Great workplace with great management lots of advancement opportunities. Good benefit program and good fatigue management systems in place to make the job easier.
Great People, Easy Work.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 August 2017
Great place to start out in. All the people are super friendly, even new hires. typical day is picking products from shelves and loading them into totes for transport around the warehouse. It is a huge place and you have to be able to be on your feet all day long, walking constantly. very easy job otherwise. definitely recommend it if you can deal with how taxing on your body walking in steel toes every day is. I think I clocked ~15,000-20,000 steps in one day a good few times.
Pros
Great pay, Good hours, Easy work
Cons
Hard on the feet
I enjoyed working there
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 August 2017
I was in a bad car accident and was in the hospital for 6 weeks with several months recovery at home. While I was in the hospital I was fired. I do not feel that this was fair.
not fun
Industrial courier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 July 2017
trash all around. Company does its job, but recently bought by french investors. not a fun place to work. kind staff but overall negative outlook. branches may vary
Cons
everything.
great place to work
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK30 June 2017
great place to work.

I've worked at multiple locations and every location has a great atmosphere. Starting from upper management right to the bottom.
Probably a great job for someone who was in the club.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 April 2017
a typical day at work was to receive a truck into the computer system by 8 (10 skids on average), we would then load a truck that had to be on the road for 9. spend the rest of the day picking other orders and doing inventory counts.
Pros
it was a fairly laid back environment
Cons
way to understaffed for the workload that was expected to be done within the first hour of work
Brilliant work place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON3 April 2017
From the president on down, was a very personable place, a job I miss! Unfortunately distance became too much.
Would definately work for them again in a heart beat if I was only closer!
Good work enviroment but bad wages
Delivery Driver / Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 March 2017
Good crew of people to work with. Very low wages and not much opportunity for advancement. I think its probably a good place to work if you are a commission based sales person.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 March 2017
Just a great company with great people wish I never left. Vallen is on track to lead the industry thur their approach of embracing technology while maintaining a human environment
Always learning.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB17 March 2017
Every day I am faced with finding new and interesting products for customers. Working in a fast paced environment and not having enough time in a day to get everything done. I enjoy the rapport with the repeat customers i have built over the years in this industry.
Pros
Training on products
Cons
Company run very lean when it comes to staff, all employees are doing multiple jobs.
A nice full-time job
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 March 2017
Job positions here are very stable, I kept my job here during oil industry collapse. It is a very positive work environment and the work itself is generally easy. Management is very laid-back, that can be a good thing and a bad thing. Salaries have been frozen for about 2 years now, no one has had a raise in a long time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vallen. Our community is ready to answer.