Valet Car Wash Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Difficult and unenjoyable
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON26 March 2018
Working at Valet Car Wash was extremely trying. Upper Management does not care about individual employees and does not attempt to hide this fact. They pay pennies above minimum wage, yet the customers' tips are "shared" and they throw peanuts for promotions, which are rare and difficult to obtain. The schedule is often released hours before being used, and all employees are essentially on call for every shift, leading to difficult time management. They have a tendency to overwork their best employees while giving noticeably fewer hours to "worse" and newer employees, leading to an average turnover rate of two weeks. The job is complicated and requires a lot of attention, despite some workdays lasting 8-10 hours, during the summer. By far the best part of the job is the coworkers, and floor managers, which form a tight-knit community. however, closing the store can often take up to two hours after close, especially with smaller crews. Any attempts upper management has made to try and improve employee experience have been laughable at best, and actually detrimental at worst. This job affected me so much it seriously impacted my mental health, and I would only suggest working at Valet Car Wash if you are out of options.
Pros
Employee camaraderie, floor managers tend to care
Cons
Poor job security, salary, work environment, employee experience, and upper management
Great co-workers but not so great work environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 May 2013
As car would come out of the exterior car wash I would direct them into a bay and from there I would clean the interior of the car to their paid specifications. My co-workers are what kept me at this location and management was friendly yet pushed you to do your best. The most enjoyable part of my job was being around such wonderful people. The hardest part was there was none, it was really easy to learn/pick up the skills for this job.
Cons
Not enough hours