Valerio's Tropical Bakeshop Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Productive and Exciting
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL27 June 2017
Most days are extremely exciting, fun, and full-on hilarious with co-workers. Few times, there are stressful situations. They get resolved quickly. All in all, we were all family instead of having hierarchies. It's a family bakery, after all.
Pros
Free lunches, free product tasting, great people, great management
Cons
Few do not cooperate, many tend to call off, few tend to boss others
Fun atmosphere to work for
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CA19 February 2015
Fun atmosphere to work for and co-workers are friendly. Management and owners treat employees like family. Busy for a small bakery.
I learn that working at a fast paced environment can be challenging but it get's easier once you get used to it.
Baker (Former Employee) –  Union City, CA24 February 2013
Everyday, We make bread from mixing dough to finish product of hot bread. It takes hard work to finish a product in the first time because of it's delicate part where you have to be careful not to messed up the dough. Dough can be either be hard or soft but it should be near softness to be able to do the new product such as a dinner roll. The co-workers are nice and can have team work at times. Most of the time, there may be some hard times where you need to make sure the correct measurement when mixing the dough to perform a successful bread. I learn lots of things but the main part of it is the baking process of bread.