Valard Construction Employee Reviews

Awesome Company
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Maritime Link2 May 2018
Great company to work for. Supervisor was easy to get along with and job was enjoyable. Turn around and pay were excellent. Camp accommodations were provided which was a big plus!
Pros
Great Company
Pretty good company
Construction Foreman, Heavy (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 March 2018
Overall pretty good company. If you aren't with the big boys club, you can forget any advancement or job security. All family and friends company.Poor management in the field and most times morale is in the toilet.
Pros
Good Wages
Cons
Buddy system impedes a persons chance of advancement
Good learning environment
Lineman Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 March 2018
I had the chance to learn from a very skilled and helpful journeyman during my employment. Always a hands on learning experience which I value. Sometimes poor communication between management and crew.
Great work places
Civil Construction Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canada20 February 2018
Loved working with them for all the years I was there thru truly are a great company and I will miss working with them, if you enjoy to travel and love the working out doors is the employer for you
Excavator Operator (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL18 February 2018
I worked as an excavator operator in charge of borrow pits, loading rock trucks with gravel , rock etc. Also I had to reclaim the borrow pits before I could move in another pit.
It was a great job with alot of responsibility looking after excavators ,rock trucks, loaders and dozers and the men and their time sheets.
Very fast paced but I loved every minute of it.
The management were very professional and got along great with their employees, safety was also a very big issue, everyone looked out for one another.
Pros
everyone were treated like family.
Cons
alot of mosquitos and black flies, very annoying.
Good Money, No home life
Journeyman PLT (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 February 2018
No set schedule to make plans, alot of the guys are good, safety culture could be improved ALOT, can make good money. Great benefits and pension. Can be okay to work at if you enjoy limited home life.
good place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 January 2018
great place to work if you like making lots of money in a short period of time. shift work is usually 21 days on and 7 days off. great for single men.
Pros
great pay
Cons
long hours, being away from home
good company all over
Powerline Technician/Operator (Current Employee) –  Alberta18 January 2018
Company is good to work for and seems to have a nice bit of work. very good accommodations and meals provided . Company covers all necessary expenses like equipment needed to do job
I enjoyed my job
Assembler (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL13 January 2018
I enjoyed working with the workers with Valard. Very disappointed I didn't get hired in AB. Felt I did a great job in NL. I would def had travelled to AB to work.So no advancement.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
No advancement
Great company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador20 December 2017
I have Worked for valard for 3 years and would defiantly work for them again, excellent pay and benifits, great group of co workers, well managed and appreciative company.
Great company
Labourer/Apprentice/Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB23 November 2017
Very productive and efficient very fast pace great team members almost like family that you never had willing to teach just have to ask the question work all over Canada
Good people
HSE Administrator (Former Employee) –  Alberta1 November 2017
Great place and people to work with. Everybody is extremely friendly and easy to get along with. The safety department is top notch and take their jobs seriously.
great place to work and new equipment
Heavy Equipment Operator/Foreman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 October 2017
great place to work, As with any job it will be good as long as the contract lasts ....Great pay and good backup from your supervisors ......overall great job to get ahead.
Pros
great pay
Cons
away from home
Primary Care Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador14 October 2017
Got the ability to work side by side with safety where i was able to learn new things to bring forward to a new job. Each day had similar task such as paper work, but work always gave me the ability to use my skills and to develop new ones
Pros
Experience
Cons
moving frequently
Review
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Northern Manitoba12 September 2017
Good capable Management, expect a lot but give back a lot.
typical day is started with safety meetings in the morning to get everyone focused on staying safe. Work goals for the day are outlined and usually achieved. Hardest part of the job is being away from home for extended periods of time
Pros
Good company incentives
Cons
Long hours and long periods away from home
Professional and outstanding place to work
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador19 August 2017
This company uses alot of professionalism. Enjoyed working with them hope to continue my career with valard, enjoyed everyday fun and safe place to work.
Diverse working environment
Project Assistant (Current Employee) –  Various work locations13 August 2017
Various tasks everyday
various new skills in the construction field
awesome management
diverse culture
being away from home
Valard is like a family
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Away from home all the time
Safety Advisor
Safety Advisor, (Former Employee) –  Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL18 June 2017
Working within the forestry industry with the various pieces of large equipment required to perform the task of clear cutting and preparation of site for future development was challenging in respect to location. The locations of the work scope was in remote locations where at times was difficult to get safety equipment and personnel to in an emergency. Which we developed a site by site plan for the various crews to ensure everyone was able to perform their task in a safe manner.
Really enjoyed working for Valard
Labourer - ATCO Tower Assembly (Former Employee) –  Alberta17 June 2017
Was a great experience, loved the work. Hope to work with Valard again.Learned a great deal, had a great crew and amazing leaders. have absolutely no complaints except wish the job was longer.
o k
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB24 March 2017
cool stuff.different equipment.good people in the shop.different kind of equipment to work on.try it out.fast paced.fare size shop. lots of hours.clean lunch room.wash bay. loud.
Pros
free fun lunches time to time