Used Cars Employee Reviews

Company Sells Used Cars
Automotive Sales (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TN20 July 2017
A typical day at work is to go through leads and contact them to come in for an application. Answer phones for future and current customers, usually to answer questions pertaining to vehicle on the lot or a customer that needs help with their current vehicle. Sales persons also keep up the vehicles on the lot and maintain them. Management at this particular location tries to help customer out the best they can. The hardest part of the job I would say is when we can only help our customers so much. Sometimes our hands are tied and we are unable to give them exactly what they want. Therefore they are frustrated, and so are we because we want to help. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to help customers get into reliable vehicles although they previously got turned down at previous car lots and we were still able to help them.
Pros
Great customer Service
Cons
Sometimes, according to the system, we cannot sell cars to people that do not qualify
A great small business used car lot willing to work with all types of customers
Lot Manager, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Islip, NY29 August 2012
Typical work days would include working on and cleaning a vehicle we recently accumulated (usually outdoor work), running around getting parts, assisting customers and doing any necessary paperwork. Most work days are very long and demanding. I did however learn the fundemantals and the insides and outs of the used car industry. The people I worked alongside were almost always motivated and hardworking and I was able to meet many other great proffessional people from other automotive businesses as well.
Pros
automotive retail connections for parts, meeting and befriending all types of proffessional people
Cons
very long work days, rude customers, no job advancement and my knowlege cannot be applied to its fullest extent