UrtheCast

UrtheCast Employee Reviews

Canada6 reviews
HR team need to be upgraded, not approachable and do not look out for employees best interests. Job security always a major issue, as known for laying off staff.
great company, they run/are running out of money because of lack of proper Sales Management, Actual Spatial product and deliverables.
CEO/founder has great/incredible management / leadership strengths, will keep company going as long as Board and ownership (shareholders) believe in his dream/outlook.
I was a co-op student there and they treated me as a member of the team right from the start. The office support team did a fantastic job keeping everything running smoothly and the senior engineers were always willing to help out us junior members and students who worked on the project for short periods. Overall a great group of people who were always fun to work with and I never woke up on any morning and didn't want to go to work.

The subsidized lunch program and friday social get togethers were also fantastic ways to spend time with the members of not just your team but the other departments as well.
Pros
great people and challenging work
Cons
volatile industry
The New Management team are doing a great job to turn the business around and change the previous negative culture. the level of experience and highly technical employees has exceeded my expectation.

A great place to work!
Pros
Great people
Cons
After 4 years of working there, Urthecast is a clear example that shows that hiring smart engineers only is not enough for success... No leadership whatsoever at UC.

The company is now made of a fat layer of mis-managers that are driving the company to the ground, and a few local jr. engineers...

This company is simply running out of steam. Literally all Sr. engineers knew it, and quit.
Pros
Nothing anymore.
Cons
A waste of time.. unless you're close to retirement.
Salary and compensations quit low, arrogant , inexperience and solo management
Decisions are made by people who are irrelevant and relevant people stay excluded

Job security is solely based on favouritism

Company after 7 years is still start up and too many changes with CEOs , last one was W.L was incompetence and lost in the position.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at UrtheCast?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at UrtheCast. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5