URJ Camp George Employee Reviews

2.8Pay & Benefits
2.8Job Security & Advancement
Fun Staff
Overnight Camp Councillor (Former Employee) –  Parry Sound, ON27 February 2018
Woking overnight is cool, staff are okay. Minimal pay for your work, definitely do not work here if you are looking to make any real money. Wouldn't recommend unless you enjoy snobby children.
Pros
Room and Board
Cons
Minimal Pay
Fun and active environement
Overnight Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Seguin, ON14 February 2018
Working at Camp George had been a blast. The staff members are extremely close and treat each other as family. The campers are great and respect the staff. Overall, great place!
Great place to work!
Summer Camp Counsellor/Song Leader (Former Employee) –  Parry Sound, ON1 October 2017
This was my summer job - working as a overnight camp counsellor. I loved being at camp and really enjoyed working with the staff and campers each day.
It's a poorly run summer camp
Tripper (Former Employee) –  Parry Sound, ON30 April 2017
I worked for this camp because I attended it for a decade as a child. The management is poor and there is veritably no balance between your on time and you off time. I would not suggest working here unless you are an incredible fan of camp culture of if you are an alumnus of this camp.
Fun camp councilor job
Arts & Crafts Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2016
This summer job required to manage and parent a cabin of 12 - 16 kids ranging between the ages of 7 to 14; this required waking them up, Sharon them, make sure they eat, plan and run activities for them, remind them to shower and get them to bed, a typical day was 7am to 11pm. Further more i was also the head of the arts and crafts department and the staff activity committee, and was an assistant to the head of the international visiting group.
I had a community of great co-workers, both my staff, my cabin co-staff and friends who worked in different departments and cabins.
The hardest part of the job was trying to balance work life with downtime, and also all my different jobs, since only one out of the four had set hours i had to make up a schedule on a day by day basis.
The most enjoyable part though was getting to work with great kids and being a leader in my cabin, department and committees, as well as having my foot in several different things at once, although it was hard it was extremely fun and beneficial.
Cons
very long hours
wonderul place to work
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Orrville, ON1 March 2016
at camp George it was a very nice work environment, everyone was so kind and helpful and it was very easy to work together.
Pros
long hours, friendly environment