Urban Tactical Employee Reviews

Growing Company Committed to Customer Service and Community
Director (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 October 2018
I joined Corporate Security Supply / Urban Tactical 15 months ago after more than 40 years working in large companies in a wide range of industries . It’s refreshing to work for a smaller, Winnipeg-based company that is growing strongly and has a very bright future!

A total commitment to our customers, real teamwork, true family atmosphere, and management with high expectations but deeply caring of, and generous to its employees make this a great place to build a career.

Its incredibly rewarding to work for an organization that outfits the proud men and women across Canada in law enforcement, military and emergency services who serve to protect all of us.
Pros
Strongly growing company, True teamwork, Great co-workers, Deep commitment to customers and community
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON22 October 2018
I worked at the Brantford location for a few years, and have now moved on to my final career.

This was the most exciting environment I have had the pleasure working in, and made some of the best colleagues and contacts in order to successfully prepare myself for the future.

He customers and role changed daily which made the shifts fly by.

Thanks Urban Tactical Brantford for the amazing opportunity

From a former employee but life long customer
Pros
No other environment like it!
Cons
Nothing notable
Bullying and toxic work environment
Warehouse Receiver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 October 2018
I was a warehouse receiver/order picker/ delivery driver. Imagine having all that workload on you and being expected to have it all done at a job that pays a dollar above minimum wage. I always felt belittled and bullied by the managers and especially the CEO of this company. I've seen people come and go on my short time in this company for 6 months. The turnover rate here is insane due to a toxic environment and pressure. This companies warehouse was named Corporate Security Supplies but due to horrible reviews it had it is no longer in this website. Now they just use this one to post for their warehouse jobs.
Pros
A job
Cons
toxic environment
22 October 2018

You haven't working here in 10 years. Our working relationship ended for reasons you are fully aware of. Please move on. We don't appreciate using Indeed reviews to try and sabotage the views of potential candidates.

Urban Tactical prides itself on developing a strong team, who demonstrate the company value system of giving back to the communities that protect and support us. All new staff members, from management workers to warehouse personnel are exposed to all roles in the organization to ensure they are best able to support their team members. We believe in promoting from within, and there is much room for professional advancement. We are a rapidly growing company, and have suffered the occasional growing pain. My team is the focus of everything I do. People make the company.. and we have great team here.

Worst job I've ever had
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 September 2018
My time at urban tactical was brief, but it was awful. The only good part was the sales team. Management was pathetic, everything is unorganized, and the owner is an absolute joke. They do sell some cool stuff, but sadly the owner and management really ruin what could be a fun job.
22 October 2018

While we generally appreciate online feedback, as a reminder, we at Urban Tactical take internal theft very seriously. Your time here was brief. period.

22 October 2018

I regret the negative comments received from this post, but appreciate all constructive feedback.

Urban Tactical prides itself on developing a strong team, who demonstrate the company value system of giving back to the communities that protect and support us. All new staff members, from management workers to warehouse personnel are exposed to all roles in the organization to ensure they are best able to support their team members. We believe in promoting from within, and there is much room for professional advancement. We are a rapidly growing company, and have suffered the occasional growing pain. My team is my primary focus, and continue to do.

I am sorry that the very brief time each of you spent in our employ was unfulfilling. I also regret that I did not have the opportunity to get to know each of you better. I believe there is potential in all new staff, and it is unfortunate that not all new staff members are a fit for the team.

While you did not find a home with us at Urban Tactical, I sincerely hope we were able to contribute something to you, and that you have found your own path, wherever that leads.

Meh
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 April 2018
The only thing good was your colleagues. The problem is they would usually get canned or leave. Revolving door of floor staff, which customers notice and comment on. Work is basic tedious and repetitive retail work that you will see at any retail sales associate job. Difference is you are serving customers that sometimes happen to carry firearms. There is barely any room for advancement. You will earn minimum wage and will likely not receive a raise, but you can earn commision (That is more like an incentive than a raise). You will have to demand a raise if you want one, and even then it could be 5 years before you recieve a proper one. Store management was good. The whole company is pretty unorganized. Plus side is that they sell cool stuff that's unique in winnipeg.

Would not recommend working here.
Pros
Paid lunch, so you're only there for 8 hours.
Cons
You're there for 8 hours.
22 October 2018

I regret reading about the experiences of these past staff members. However I truly appreciate the feedback. People are at the centre of what we do. This includes not only our external customers, but also the internal team mates that make up our Urban Tactical staff.

Urban Tactical prides itself on developing a strong team, who demonstrate the company value system of giving back to the communities that protect and support us. All new staff members, from management workers to warehouse personnel are exposed to all roles in the organization to ensure they are best able to support their team members. We believe in promoting from within, and there is much room for professional advancement. We are a rapidly growing company, and have suffered the occasional growing pain. My team is the focus of everything I do, and will continue to do so.

Horrible Management
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  891 Century St winnipeg manitoba20 March 2018
I have worked in their css warehouse. The colleagues are great but when it comes to management and the CEO of this company, it is just pure bullying. Forces you to participate in handing out merchandises in a marathon event on a weekend with no pay. If you're looking for a long term job, this is not the place. Underpaid with all workloads thrown at you.
Pros
great colleagues
Cons
horrible CEO
22 October 2018

I regret reading about the experiences of these past staff members. However I truly appreciate the feedback. People are at the centre of what we do. This includes not only our external customers, but also the internal team mates that make up our CSS staff.

The CSS company philosophy focuses on supporting and promoting the police, firefighters, paramedics, military, and so many others who serve the public everyday. I am so proud of all the staff members who really understand how important our charitable contributions really are, many of which have moved on into these important roles in our community. We are also fortunate to employ veterans who have served our country, and joined us to share their expertise and experience.

This feedback is a reminder for me to recognize and cherish the fine team that I have, who put themselves out there in so many ways to help support the business and our community.

CSS Group of Companies

Fantastic Company to work for.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 November 2017
I worked here for 3 years before becoming a Police Officer. I enjoyed my time there and learn a lot. Even though the company has grown significantly over the years. I still consider them family.
22 October 2018

Thank you for your comments.

Urban Tactical is always so proud of our staff accomplishments. We understand that working at Urban Tactical may only be stepping stone to a greater career in Law Enforcement. But, I'm honored on behalf of my team to have been a part of your career path. As this company grew, I hope you feel that your time here gave you the skills and confidence for the next chapter. Congratulations of becoming a Police Officer. - You will also be part of our family.