Urban Systems Employee Reviews

Productive work place and a very welcoming atmosphere
Community Planner (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC21 September 2018
A typical day at Urban Systems would include working with clients from various First Nations communities, the type of work is dependent on the project. I learned what an office job is about and how great it is to work in a team environment. The management ties in closely with the workplace culture as many people there are leaders and are able to have fun but also keep the team on task. The hardest part of the job is seeing a community not being able to come together for the betterment of the community. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see the positive effects that take place on the community after a job is completed and seeing the community thrive.
Pros
Organized events
Excellent professional office
Co-op GIS Technician (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC8 May 2018
This co op opportunity was exciting, full filling and a breath of fresh air. The group of professionals were open to providing me with guidance, assistance and learning opportunities. Hats off!
Pros
professionalism
Cons
co op (short term)
Great place to work, lack of advancement opportunities
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC16 January 2018
Interesting workplace. Many employees have been with the organization for 15+ years (20+ is not uncommon) so it can feel like a safe and comfortable career.
Too comfortable perhaps if you want to move up and progress. Some mentors are very helpful to junior staff (EITs), other roles lack leadership and are expected to stay the course or 'create their own role' which sounds good in theory...
Pros
Lots of free food
Cons
Low opportunity to pursue some career paths
It was very good
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 January 2017
• delivered services to the general public over the phone
• data entry
• Answering all incoming calls
• Managing mail and courier
• Word processing and data entry
• Scheduled in the preparation of meeting rooms
• Booked hotels for travelling staff

I gained experience with credit. I've been doing receptionist for a while, but wasn't getting paid for it. I did it at Alta Tv. At Urban Systems, I learned the system in 2 days and got a hold of procedures and such. It was pretty simple, but busy at times. The staff there are super nice.
Community Planner (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 January 2017
A lot of room for growth, entrepreneurial approach. Smar co-workers, awesome team and so many social events for employees!
Summer Job Surveyor
Parking Lot Survayor (Former Employee) –  New Westminister, BC10 September 2015
Great summer job with a ton of walking. First day was a group training which we had a mentor with us. On the job we learned that there is a limit to how many cars map park in a specific location therefore its illegal to have over the limit. Co-workers were really nice.
Pros
free exercise and good pay
Cons
not a full time job