Urban Systems

Urban Systems Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
Fun Place to work; many nice people
I was a temporary 6 week administrative assistant to the entire Edmonton office, and had the pleasure of staying for one year.
I learned many administrative skills that have helped me adapt into my current Administrative role I'm currently in.
Fun, productive work environment, great workplace atmosphere
A great place to work, very warm, inviting and productive atmosphere. the people here are a blast, you quickly feel like you belong here after just a few weeks. Also a great place to explore your profession with many opportunities to succeed.
Pros
cool lunch room
Great place to Intern
It was a privilege to intern here. I would highly recommend applying here for co-op students. It is an amazing atmosphere you don't normally find in an office.
Great!
Lots of opportunity to pursue interesting projects.
Meet lots of interesting people to expand your network.

Learn lots from so many different disciplines.
Pros
Snacks and Lunches
Cons
Integration of new skill sets
Productive work place and a very welcoming atmosphere
A typical day at Urban Systems would include working with clients from various First Nations communities, the type of work is dependent on the project. I learned what an office job is about and how great it is to work in a team environment. The management ties in closely with the workplace culture as many people there are leaders and are able to have fun but also keep the team on task. The hardest part of the job is seeing a community not being able to come together for the betterment of the community. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see the positive effects that take place on the community after a job is completed and seeing the community thrive.
Pros
Organized events
Excellent professional office
This co op opportunity was exciting, full filling and a breath of fresh air. The group of professionals were open to providing me with guidance, assistance and learning opportunities. Hats off!
Pros
professionalism
Cons
co op (short term)
Great place to work, lack of advancement opportunities
Interesting workplace. Many employees have been with the organization for 15+ years (20+ is not uncommon) so it can feel like a safe and comfortable career.
Too comfortable perhaps if you want to move up and progress. Some mentors are very helpful to junior staff (EITs), other roles lack leadership and are expected to stay the course or 'create their own role' which sounds good in theory...
Pros
Lots of free food
Cons
Low opportunity to pursue some career paths
It was very good
• delivered services to the general public over the phone
• data entry

• Answering all incoming calls

• Managing mail and courier

• Word processing and data entry

• Scheduled in the preparation of meeting rooms

• Booked hotels for travelling staff

I gained experience with credit. I've been doing receptionist for a while, but wasn't getting paid for it. I did it at Alta Tv. At Urban Systems, I learned the system in 2 days and got a hold of procedures and such. It was pretty simple, but busy at times. The staff there are super nice.
A lot of room for growth, entrepreneurial approach. Smar co-workers, awesome team and so many social events for employees!
Summer Job Surveyor
Great summer job with a ton of walking. First day was a group training which we had a mentor with us. On the job we learned that there is a limit to how many cars map park in a specific location therefore its illegal to have over the limit. Co-workers were really nice.
Pros
free exercise and good pay
Cons
not a full time job