Urban Planet Employee Reviews

Amazing place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON11 June 2018
Would recommended applying to urban planet, I felt welcomed the first day I started and have become good friends with everyone on the team. Management is excellent, very aware that you have outside commitments and work with you to figure it out.
Pros
people you work with, shifts go by fast
Cons
not a lot of hours
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 June 2018
Great people, great management and overall fun to work with others during my shifts. Very hectic at times due to the location but it was easily manageable.
Pros
free food
Cons
Productive work place, management could be a little better.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB29 May 2018
During my time at urban planet, I made many good friends that were my co-workers, but good management was slightly lacking. Overall it is a good workplace and the discounts are great.
À arranger
Ouvertur Magasin (Former Employee) –  Terrebonne, QC24 May 2018
L'organisation n'était pas bien. On restait souvent debout à rien faire. Il fallait courir derrière les employés actuels pour savoir quels taches ils restaient à faire. Je n'aime pas courir derrière les gens.
Pros
Voir les nouveaux vêtements avant tout le monde
Cons
Organisation
Worst job ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON20 May 2018
Rude racist co-wokers and employer have never been so disgraced to work for a heartless corporation. Never work for these blood sucking racist people ever. they are a bunch of lowlife peoople including GM Chantelle
Pros
going home
Cons
working there
Fun Spot to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON19 May 2018
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  brampton17 May 2018
youll alwaty have something to do. manger was nice, laid back. co workers never got along. its a good place for a good job. so yeah aply if you want...
Great work environment
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON10 May 2018
Working here was amazing in my experience and my coworkers became a second family to me. We worked together as a team, the hardest part was maintaining the store because it was so large.
Very organized and always fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 May 2018
I wouldn't say I had too many complaints. I loved the environment and the people although some things could of been handled differently in my eye. Eventually I wanted change. I'm looking for another job to peep that interest.
Pros
Organized, relaxed, great team
Cons
Blame taken out of the wrong people
Mal géré et mal encadré
Préposée à la vente (Former Employee) –  Alma, QC9 May 2018
Les valeurs mises de l'avant par l'entreprise sont excellente mais la façon de appliquer pour favoriser l'expérience client le sont moins.
Pros
Bon environnement de travail
Cons
Mauvaise gestion
Good for a first job
Sales Associate/Cashier - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON27 April 2018
Urban Planet gave me the oppurtunity to grow and strive for bigger and better things. great first job, but not a career choice by any means. would recommend for students.
Was a good place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 April 2018
I enjoyed working there the managers were amazing and when I got hours they were good hours, but there was times I would go 2 weeks without any work whatsoever
Urban Planet
STORE ASSEMBLER/STOCK CLERK (TEMPORARY) (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK17 April 2018
I just helped set up the store, get it ready for the opening day. It lasted long enough to know that there were only few people I enjoyed, though. It wasn't much. e
Pros
I got some kind of experience out of it.
Cons
They didn't hire me.
Drama
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 April 2018
The work was very easy, however, my coworkers never wanted to talk about anything else other than drama that was going on within the company or in their personal lives.
Great! Fun! Interactive Place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON5 April 2018
Enjoyed each and everyday at Urban Planet. Great management !

Everyday three was something new to do. Work was not tedious at all. Got to wear their clothes!!!
Always meeting new people.
Sales Associate, Fitting Room (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE24 March 2018
Part of the job at Urban Planet was to interact with the customers with a positive, and professional attitude. While working here, I learned how to maintain a fitting room area while multi-tasking to also take care of customer issues and/or questions. I was more comfortable working in the fitting room than I was on cash, so the management team had no problem keeping me there. The hardest part of my job was that merchandise was always moving around, so trying to help a customer find what they were looking for was sometimes difficult. The most enjoyable part of my job was all of my coworkers. They were always happy and it showed in their work, and I think that is a part of why I felt so comfortable working here.
Pros
Employee discount that could be added onto in-store discounts.
Respectful and fun atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC22 March 2018
Working at Urban Planet gave me skills to handle customers respectfully and work together with a team of great people to make urban plant a good work environment.
lequipe et supper bonne
caissiere principal, service a clientel (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC21 March 2018
les employer son supper on nest une super equipe !!
Pros
employer son supper
Cons
management
Most unprofessional place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 March 2018
Being apart of YM INC. for 4 year, and have been under appreciated and over worked they whole time. Between the store manager breaching policies continuously, and head office covering for them there is nothing positive about that company.
a typical day consists of the staff and lower management running the store while the Distict Manager takes the store manager to lunch.
when there are family matters (ie. Sick family) trying to take time off is not allowed, trying to take time off in general is impossible especially because the head manager is approved all the time off.
they refuse to pay employees the wage they deserve for the job they endure and the communication from head office is all about scaring employees and belittling them. If you try to reach out for help from head office the emails and phone calls go ignored. I cant think of one positive thing about this company. They target employees who don't look the YM INC part, and they harass staff when they try to speak up about the policies that are being breached. You are constantly feeling watched and no matter how much over time and 6 day work weeks you give this company they appreciate nothing you do.
pretty good starting place in retail/
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC7 March 2018
My time working at urban planet would have to have been either the most difficult part of my day or the most fun, it all really depends on the the customers and your managers.