Urban Planet

Urban Planet Employee Reviews

Canada559 reviews
if you’re tryna make hella money don’t apply here. They‘ve cancelled my schedule so many times cause there isn’t enough people shopping. I sometimes get 4 hours of work in a week💀 not worth it, waste of time.
Cons
schedule
While working here I gained better people skills, problem solving skills, and prioritizing skills! The employees here are amazing, other then just making new friends I've also become more confident in myself, my abilities to work in a fast paced environment and in a group. The manager is a wonderful person, very understanding and willing to help her crew with anything they're struggling with which makes the idea of challenging tasks seem a lot less scaru! I 100% recommend working here!
Pros
Amazing work environment
Cons
Pay kinda sucks in the slower seasons
No training was provided. Upper management will treat you like garbage. It's a privately own company not a corporation so they are CHEAP. If you are salaried then doesn't matter how many hours you work, you will get paid the same but if you work 1hr less in a week then 40 then they pay you hourly. No benefits for 6 months. Company is totally disorganized and lack any vision. As a store manager you will be forced to work more then 50 hrs a week and your DM will set unrealistic expectations so that you will have to stay off click Theironly objective is to make profits . Employees are disposable.
Pros
Cons
To many to mention.
It was good to work there but I feel like I’m able to work at a more challenging place now. Becoming an MIT was exciting but didn’t face enough new challenges
great place to work for part time. Everyone was very nice, and team work was really good there. They sadly didn't give enough hours even for part time. They also hired way too many people to pay on a daily basics.
Overall pretty good place to work. The employees are all very optimistic and work well together. Can get stressful and messy on busy sale days, but not unbearable. Management definitely deserve better pay but as a sales associate its everything you could hope for.
During my time working at urban planet there was often a power struggle between management. So many new managers coming in and out messed up a lot of the employees scheduling. There were also in fair hours due to some of the management have better friend relationships.
Nice place though .. fast paced and kinda competitive... I they weren’t straightforward though with what they wanted. But overall it was really nice working there
Each of my shifts at the Urban planet as a sales associate in a typical day differs. As I am an employee that could work all around. Somedays I could be a cashier, inventory, or tidying up the workplace.
Bullying from the manager. Manipulative behaviours from manager to do more time (would ask me exactly why I couldn't come in on a shift that wasn't in my scheduled and insisted it was not a valid reason in front of other employees). Raised her voice. I could go on and on about bad experiences me and other employees have had. Would never step foot in that place again.
0 training, bad management. unorganized, didn't tell us about any benefits. didnt care about their employees. Pay sucked too. regular retail job overall
Co-managers hate each other and are miserable women. If you need them you can't find them. One is always outside smoking and chatting away with her best friend. The other just hides.
The visuals staff think they are part of the management staff and think they have more authority and power over new managers.

Far too many chiefs and not enough workers. Everyone is the boss.
Urban Planet does not give sufficient hours. The management favourites the employees and gives them more hours. They don’t care about seniority and manager is extremely petty. They need to be given more hours. Job isn’t stressful unless the Manager is there
I loved working here. It was very collaborative and I learned a lot. My co workers were very easy to get a long with and I got to interact with customers in a professional and effective way.
cashier job is sometimes hard over there but management is good . overall its a nice place to work. The area is a bit dangerous . i see many shoplifters and grab and run cases. heads up behavior is required.
The workload is incredibly hard, regardless of what position you are in. If you are a sales associate you will be burdened with numerous tasks; if you are management, you must work equally as hard as the sales associates on top of doing day to day operations such as budgeting, stock receiving, answering customer concerns, housekeeping, emails, doing loss prevention paper daily, cash out, unpacking and stocking product. Shipment of the stock is every weekday, and if you don't work yourself to the bone to get it all out, it will pile up very quickly, and you will have to answer for it. We were always exhausted at the end of every shift.
In my personal opinion, the visual merchandiser position is the most desirable one of them all. As a visual merchandiser, you are not expected to be on cash much, oversee fitting rooms, or oversee/solve day to day operational problems. Visual merchandisers typically get the best work schedule with a Monday to Friday day-time schedule - depending on the size and volume of the store. Everybody else from sales associate to management worked mall hours, which makes it difficult for work-life balance, especially if you're full-time management - say goodbye to having Friday evenings and half your weekend for the entirety of your employment. You may get away with the odd Friday or weekend day off once or twice a year, but your Dm will use the "favor" against you later on by pressuring you to return the favor by working additional hours.

You are also expected to work every holiday, and Christmas Eve and Boxing Day. If you are applying for this job, you
 - more...
My duties were to fold and organize clothes, what was very monotonous but there was a good work environment which helped to support you through your shifts
Can be fast-paced during after-school hours, especially during the holidays, folding many clothes over and over can be stressful and tiring. Can be stressful, unless fond with working with customers. Management was pretty flexible with staff i.e. managers worked very well with staff by having good people skills i.e. not rude to staff, more helpful. Hardest part of the job is during rush hours where customers tend to flip folded clothes without showing any regards to humanity.
Pros
Paid 30-60 min breaks, during long hours
Cons
Can be stressful
The district leadership at this company is incredibly toxic, and every aspect of the corporate environment feels improvised and poorly planned.

They claim to value and reward hard work. This is a LIE. What they value is the numbers in the bank account, and if the numbers aren't where they want them to be they'll look at you as nothing more than a cost to cut.
I never get paid on time. their management is not working properly. some of the managers too much rude to their employees. i was over worked and under paid worker.. i will never recommend to anybody work there.
Cons
hired too much worker for their own benefit..
Working st urban planet was kind of a joke. They hire you telling you lots of hours then give you the most minimal they possibly can. They want you to be fast paced and work really hard while not having much training on the job.