Urban Outfitters Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from Urban Outfitters Inc.:

Urban Outfitters Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada90 reviews
Applied for a seasonal sales associate position for christmas and ended up turning into a part time employee. The people were really chill and friendly for the most part and I looked forward to seeing a lot of them every time I went in. I never got cash trained at Urban, however it was a good experience in retail: putting back clothes, organizing, maintaining merch displays etc, however it got a little boring sometimes when the store was empty. The only real annoying part was scheduling shifts; I was scheduled outside of my availability more than twice within the first month and the app that Urban uses to schedule shifts (Kronos) sucks and is not user friendly whatsoever.
Pros
cool people, very chill work environment, chill dress code
Cons
scheduling/switching shifts was weird, can get quite boring if you aren't a cashier
urban outfitters is great for a student, however they don't offer many opportunities to move up. management is iffy and they definitely pick favourites, despite how hard you work you are often overlooked. they also are not very proactive when it comes to complaints and handling employee concerns.
I enjoyed the job and the people. everyone was very helpful, the management team was very friendly and welcoming. I had improved at working at fast paced and crowded environments here.
While it is mostly like a standard retail experience, the young age of the sales associate can make this environment feel more like high school than a workplace. The quality of any given UO is all dependant on the quality of the store managers, and luckily mine were amazing.
After being at urban for a year, I was sad to leave only because I wouldn't be living in the same city anymore. the environment is incredible, every worker is very friendly and helpful. I learnt a lot through customer service and care. Because I worked at the Granville location, it was busy, almost all the time especially during peak seasons. This made the work very fast paced a lot of the time, and could be stressful, but exciting. Cleaning the store at the end of the night can be tedious because it is so large, but the managers do a great job at making sure you do something different a lot of the time. The only issue I had with Urban outfitters was getting off so late after a busy closing shift. Other than that, the management was incredible, and I had the opportunity to advance positions.
the company culture is amazing, and there are opportunities to work in different departments. the management differs between locations - both locations ive been at have been great so far, especially my current. transferring between locations is very common for all job roles.
ok so urban outfitters is a VERY trendy place so if you like clothes ans fashion , def recommend there. the staff is super nice. you talk to clients everyday and every shift.
I enjoyed working at Urban Outfitters with lovely managers. They truly care about individual workers. The employee discount has great deal, but it's a minimum wage job.
extremely toxic work environment. i've seen otherwise nice people turn into bitter negative people once they became employees here. typical day at urban outfitters montreal involves receiving unnecessary and condescending attitudes from the managers, being pressured to repeatedly annoy customers and pretending to be busy. everyone always complains about how bad the job is which makes the environment generally very negative.

male managers make the environment all the more toxic as they are in their late 20s/early 30s and pick fights/throw shade at 18-22 year old girls. they give you written warnings WITHOUT telling you so you can randomly find yourself with 3 written warnings and on the brink of getting fired and be completely unaware of it.

you also have to go through a bag check for every single time you leave the store. including on your lunch break. already punched out for your 30minute break? too bad, you'll have to lose 15 minutes of that break waiting for a manager as they take their sweet time to bag check you.

the environment amongst the employees isn't as bad as it is with the managers, but the employees are very cliquey and will have absolutely no problem with making you feel like you dont exist as they don't even respond when you say hi. there is also a lot of drama concerning the employees, which is the only "good" part about this job considering it's very entertaining to see literal adults act like high school freshmen. if you think you'll be able to stay on the outskirts of the drama at this job, you're in for something because people have a blast making
 - more...
I liked working at Urban Outfitters because it was a steady job however they gave the seasonal employees hours and cut mine back for two months after having awarded me as a good employee so their motives are backwards. Management can be rude.
For the most part, management was very understanding and coworkers were easy to get along with. Great employee discount too. However, workdays were either extremely slow or way too stressful. I wish we had more breaks though.
I've worked a lot of bad jobs. Urban Outfitters might be the first job I've enjoyed. The staff is really polite. The job itself can be a lot of fun. The benefits are fab (60% off on three items a month, 40% on other clothing items, 25% on houseware, but 40% off during Employee Appreciation). The staff is extremely amicable. Management is considerate. Knock on wood, but I really have enjoyed my time at Urban so far.
Best retail company ive worked for overall, great to customers, great with employees (from salary to part time) lots of ways to earn extra via bonuses contests etc, freedom to be yourself (not cookie cutter) lots of room for advancement and growth in many different fields/areas within, a great place to work and a fun atmosphere
Nice part-time opportuniy for high school and college students. Job culture there is decent. Average work pace and chill work enviroment. Highly recommend!
- This is not necessary
- very average retail job

- poor pay

- you put in more than you get with them

- not much room for dramatic pay increases

-good for a first or early job
I was a former employee and honestly the environment was great until a new manager stepped in. The store manager constantly dictates whatever you do on the floor to an extent where “micro-managing” gets out of hand. Given a scenario where I was embarrassingly called out for not tucking in a tag inside a pair of denim in a tone of voice where a mother who was shopping later set me aside and apologized for having to deal with a manager like that is absurdly embarrassing. Service leading is a time for managing not be on your phone and giggle then after cat call employees on something that we aren’t doing “right” yet another reason for you to find towards doing your “job” yikes. Flexibility towards schedules and shifts being covered were quite an issue, the store manager would ideally ask you to book it off a month in advance but whenever my colleagues and I did it was never fully approved whatsoever but rather we were threatened to get write ups if we were scheduled on that day and no one was to cover it if the two shift covers were up for us which is truly unfair on our ends. All in all the other managers are great and nice including employees as everyone gets along pretty well.
très agréable, collègues détendu, une bonne ambiance
The team itself was super fun and welcoming, but the management at the time was atrocious: very cold and rude. It seemed that they did not make an effort to incorporate everybody in the store - very distant with their employees and their customer...
poor management and very stressful, cool coworkers but you arent allowed to talk to them because they prioritize sales rather than employee welfare. its a horrible company
The team is great, and management is good. They work you hard though, and expect to not have much of a life if you are full-time. Job first, life way second.
If you're going to work retail, I would recommend Urban. The clients can be frustrating, but the staff always proved to be a large, welcoming family who made it better every day.