Urban Fare

Urban Fare Employee Reviews

Canada63 reviews
Featured review
Urban Fare selected this as a representative review
A fun and active environment with daily but rewarding challenges. The management is top notch and my fellow employees were always kind and passionate about their work. Expect regulars who come in everyday expecting there goods in the correct fashion.
Worked here as a Guest Service Clerk, responsible for making gift baskets and assisted customers in store. Also, I did personal shopping and deliveries. It was a fun place to work and all the supervisors and managers are easy going and fun to work with.
I have worked at Urban fare now for a little over a year and a half. I enjoy the environment of the building and the people i work with. I consider it a great environment for young adults to get their feet wet when entering the workforce, because there are so many area's for them to get experience in and so many fantastic people willing to teach them; if they are willing to actually work/learn. Management is fare, and treats you how you treat them. If you respect your job by showing up on time, in the proper clothing and actually behave like you want to be in the building doing your job, they reward you with patience, guidance, understanding and help. If you show up late, call in sick every other day and never lift a finger to do anything but the minimum, you are going to get the exact opposite. Every person working at Urban Fare are busy people, and don't have time to fool around with lazy workers.
Over all, it is a good place to work. It is a grocery store. You will be serving the public, and customer service is of the highest priority at Urban Fare.
Pros
Great coworkers, good benefits package, employee discount
Cons
difficult customers
Urban Fare was my first real job which I enjoyed at first but due to colleagues and management the jobs as a lot more stressful than it should have been. I also was given full time 40 hour weeks when I was only wanting part time.
Pros
friends
Cons
stressful
Feeling best to working here. All areas of store are covered for corner to corner cleaning. Deep cleaning is done on daily basis in each area of store.
I was very pleased to have worked at Urban fare. I enjoyed working in the sushi department. I was trained well in a week and was able to handle the services necessary to complete my job.
really busy specially in lunch hour
requires multi-tasking

the best thing is that you always have something to do

the closing shifts are slower since there are less customers
The "Long Term " Management were "Character Assassinating" behind the Scenes and then Apologize the Next Day.
They definitely had Issues.

They was One Manager who was Great yet now is Merchandiser.
I worked as a cashier at the Yaletown location and I found it to be a wonderful experience. My co-workers and managers were friendly and helpful. The workplace culture is easy-going and fun. The hardest part of the job is getting through the endless line of customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to fill up on fresh, delicious food.
Fast paced work,long hours,lots of things to memorize. Talking to customers Makes you feel happy. Staff is fun to get along. Closing and working till midnight not for me. Still looking for part time jobs
me gustó aprender cosas nuevas en el trabajo:
Hablar en ingles con los clientes

Poder asesorar a las personas en su compra
Modern and Customer oriented, they have tried showing a nice and pleasant atmosphere for the customers. Very friendly team members but the team have to adjust themselves in fast paces activities.
Pros
Good and pleasant sales outlets
Cons
No free meals
During my time at Urban Fare I noticed how important team work is and I was always helped and greeted with a smile by all of my co-workers. Management worries for the well being of their employees and training is very important.
it's really good working in the Urban fare. The manager treats the team member balanced. If there is any problem you can talk to her/him right away. The communication is also really good.
Great place to work employees all types of people ... good flexibility for all great variety of shifts busy days but fair work load great family feel :)
repetitive job easy to learn
i learned to be very cautious with foods

the management is great

work place culture is cool

the hardest part is bringing out the water melon besides the street and bringing it back at the storage room before closing time.

most enjoyable part of the job is when the fresh products arrive
Worked here for 4 years from the age of 17-21 and it was honestly so much fun. The managers are all very nice and caring, and they also have very flexible schedules.
The workplace environment is fun and keeps you on your toes. The building's interior is very clean and modern, making it an enjoyable place to be. My co-workers were kind and helpful, but pretty inappropriate at times. Do your research before applying.
Pros
flexible
Cons
management
A place where you learn a lot with a good environment and management is super co-operative in terms of your work, concerns, and schedule. A good start to your career and now no more with basic wage but a revised competitive wage
Pros
Good staff
Cons
No discount
I enjoyed working at Urban Fare because of its multicultural environment, the fun tasks that I would get to do, and the regular customers that come in to brighten my day. I learned a lot about customer service with this job and understand how it important it is to provide the best experience for our customers visit with us.
Pros
Free lunches when noticed that I am working hard
Cons
I started at this job when I was 17-years-old, and it was the best job I think I'll ever work. A majority of the customers were amazing, and staff were nice and most importantly the management was really amazing. Some of the best people I've ever met in my life, I met at Urban Fare.
Pros
Flexible hours, easy to book time off, great management
Cons
No room for advancement, minimum wage, they expect too much sometimes for minimum wage