Urban Fare

Urban Fare Employee Reviews

Featured review
Urban Fare selected this as a representative review
A fun and active environment with daily but rewarding challenges. The management is top notch and my fellow employees were always kind and passionate about their work. Expect regulars who come in everyday expecting there goods in the correct fashion.
As a team member I always been appreciated & recognized by my manager and the management for my hard work. The work is sometimes challenging but with the co-operation & co-ordination of the co-team members and the help/support of the management makes everything easier.The Most enjoyable part of the work is to meet amazing & friendly customers every day.Great health benefits, Employee gift cards, employee special discounts.The management always there to take great care of their employees.It is great to be part of Urban Fare family.
Pros
Amazing team and incredible working environment
Not much expectations for such place. The management does not care about its employees. Security of its stores is probably the lowest in retail during COViD-19 times.
Pros
Pay
Cons
I have been working in the bakery department since opening. I love my manager and my store manager. Love the culture and the vibe of the store. Owners of the company are also very caring and always appreciate hard work with gift cards. I have lot of freedom to create any new item I want and my manager always supports me. I am probably going to retire here, I can’t think of working in any other place except urban fare!!
Pros
Great management and customers
Cons
Lot of crazy homeless people in the neighbourhood although security does a great job.
Management is very supportive and genuinely cares about their staff members. They gave us all raises during the pandemic and numerous gift cards to appreciate the hard work and dedication. I feel very valued working at this store.
Pros
Great Team Atmosphere
Cons
Limited parking options
The Store Manager watch’s videos all day and show zero leadership, the morale is sad. Everyone backstabs everyone including management. Would be a good place if there was job security, and new mgmt, however no one is safe. Very slow store, they always fire and rehire plus the store is so overpriced and does not fit the current times. Will now take my business to Superstore East Village! Avoid at all case.
Pros
Customers can be nice
Cons
Breathe and you will get fired
No real structure. Got almost no training. Will be told to do things with no direction. No support, got screamed at from a manager down an aisle. Management rude and cocky.
Worked here as a Guest Service Clerk, responsible for making gift baskets and assisted customers in store. Also, I did personal shopping and deliveries. It was a fun place to work and all the supervisors and managers are easy going and fun to work with.
I have worked at Urban fare now for a little over a year and a half. I enjoy the environment of the building and the people i work with. I consider it a great environment for young adults to get their feet wet when entering the workforce, because there are so many area's for them to get experience in and so many fantastic people willing to teach them; if they are willing to actually work/learn. Management is fare, and treats you how you treat them. If you respect your job by showing up on time, in the proper clothing and actually behave like you want to be in the building doing your job, they reward you with patience, guidance, understanding and help. If you show up late, call in sick every other day and never lift a finger to do anything but the minimum, you are going to get the exact opposite. Every person working at Urban Fare are busy people, and don't have time to fool around with lazy workers. Over all, it is a good place to work. It is a grocery store. You will be serving the public, and customer service is of the highest priority at Urban Fare.
Pros
Great coworkers, good benefits package, employee discount
Cons
difficult customers
Urban Fare was my first real job which I enjoyed at first but due to colleagues and management the jobs as a lot more stressful than it should have been. I also was given full time 40 hour weeks when I was only wanting part time.
Pros
friends
Cons
stressful
Feeling best to working here. All areas of store are covered for corner to corner cleaning. Deep cleaning is done on daily basis in each area of store.
I was very pleased to have worked at Urban fare. I enjoyed working in the sushi department. I was trained well in a week and was able to handle the services necessary to complete my job.
really busy specially in lunch hour requires multi-tasking the best thing is that you always have something to do the closing shifts are slower since there are less customers
The "Long Term " Management were "Character Assassinating" behind the Scenes and then Apologize the Next Day. They definitely had Issues. They was One Manager who was Great yet now is Merchandiser.
I worked as a cashier at the Yaletown location and I found it to be a wonderful experience. My co-workers and managers were friendly and helpful. The workplace culture is easy-going and fun. The hardest part of the job is getting through the endless line of customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to fill up on fresh, delicious food.
Fast paced work,long hours,lots of things to memorize. Talking to customers Makes you feel happy. Staff is fun to get along. Closing and working till midnight not for me. Still looking for part time jobs
me gustó aprender cosas nuevas en el trabajo: Hablar en ingles con los clientes Poder asesorar a las personas en su compra
During my time at Urban Fare I noticed how important team work is and I was always helped and greeted with a smile by all of my co-workers. Management worries for the well being of their employees and training is very important.
it's really good working in the Urban fare. The manager treats the team member balanced. If there is any problem you can talk to her/him right away. The communication is also really good.
Great place to work employees all types of people ... good flexibility for all great variety of shifts busy days but fair work load great family feel :)
repetitive job easy to learn i learned to be very cautious with foods the management is great work place culture is cool the hardest part is bringing out the water melon besides the street and bringing it back at the storage room before closing time. most enjoyable part of the job is when the fresh products arrive
  1. Employee reviews