Upwork

Found 15 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,134 reviews

Insights into Upwork

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility

Productive and fun though

It's fun working here, just that the hourly pay need to be looked into and politics has to stop. There should be flexibility to move from one technology to another without sentiments. Also, freelancers complaints has to be looked into with utmost emergency and not be abandoned.

Pros

Bonus

Cons

Not flexible to move from one technology to another and the hourly rate is rigid. Also, percentage cut from hourly rate is too big and they also collect big percentage from bonus too, which is weird!

Challenging

As a freelancer you won't go anywhere you will work globally and if your skills are good you will get the client. I am very happy to work as a freelancer with Upwork.

Ça en vaut la peine quand on travaille fort!

J'ai d'abord été déçue sur la plateforme parce que malgré mes nombreuses années d'expérience professionnelle comme rédactrice ailleurs, j'étais traitée comme une amateur. Certains clients offrent un salaire ridicule (5$ pour 3000 mots) ou demandent tellement de révisions que ça en revient à moins du salaire minimum. Heureusement, j'ai pu trouver des clients charmants qui m'ont donné des projets très intéressants, qui me paient de façon juste et qui apprécient mon travail à sa juste valeur. C'est facile de se trouver quelques contrats quand on a du temps libre puis prendre une pause quand on est occupé et pouvoir travailler où et quand on veut. Il y a bien sûr de très mauvais clients sur Upwork, mais aussi des très bons et ce n'est pas entièrement la faute du site. Leur service à la clientèle sur Facebook est également très bon. Upwork ne fait rien de mal, mais il faut tout de même faire attention aux mauvais clients qui s'y trouvent et qui ne respectent pas les travailleurs autonomes.

Pros

Travailler quand on veut, grande autonomie, contrats de tout genre.

Cons

Il y a souvent de mauvais clients sur la plateforme.

Productive Workplace

I have worked on upwork for over 1 year as a full stack developer. Upwork has many possibilities to grow their business but they never do. And their policy is not so flexible for freelancer.

Pros

Sending proposals with coverletter

Cons

Complicated policy

Exciting oppurtunities.

It is an on line job where you bid for writing contracts, and the publisher or representative negotiate the terms of your contract. Most jobs are well paid. Upwork now charges for some of the services, something that had not happened before. Usually, they just take a percentage of what you earn , as a kind of "finders fee". Overall great opportunities.

Productive and fun work place

Best site for developer to work and learn.I have done some small projects its lot of learning.I learn new technologies and best part is everyone can work from anywhere.

Horrible platform for freelancers, no integrity withing organization

An absolute crapshoot of a website, where good freelancers have their accounts permanently disabled without any explanation, virtually no support whatsoever for freelancers and a very poorly put-together user interface.

Great place to be a freelancer.

The only issue is the large percentage of the profit that they take for being an escrow as well as the limited number of "Connects" offered. A good place to showcase your abilities and make some extra income and experience on the side.

Awesome Platform

I'm on this platform since 2009 and found it very helpful in finding dream projects and then turning them in to reality with 100% earnings security. I've had many hurdles during projects but I learnt eventually.

example

up work is an online freelancing company made for self employment i have worked on it for a couple of years now you can find all kind of work there i mostly work on graphic design.

Souplesse dans les conditions de travail

Upwork m'a permis de développer mes compétences et de m'ouvrir à de nouvelles expériences professionnelles. Je suis libre de choisir avec qui travailler et de proposer le tarif correspondant au travail. Nécessite de l'auto-discipline et un grand professionnalisme pour honorer le travail demandé.

Pros

Travail en freelance

Cons

Aucun pour l'instant

Flexible Schedule

Great Company to work for with work life balance. You are able to use time management skills to complete work ahead of schedule. You are given deliverables and project deadlines, so you decide your work hours.

Awesome Workplace

I love how I can manage my own time while working. Upwork is the best place to work and I have improved my knowledge and skills through here. I have met (virtually) a lot of clients from different places around the world. The platform provides security and benefits for both freelancers and clients. I would highly recommend Upwork to everyone.

Good earning potential

Freelance has allowed me to start expanding my practice internationally. I have clients from Australia, US, and Israel.

Pros

Good earning potential

Cons

You will have to manage your own benefits

The ability to work from homw was great while my Kids were young.

Elance gave me the chance to earn a living from the comfort of my home and also helped me learn to compete in an ever growing market.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Upwork. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement