Upwork

Upwork Employee Reviews

Found 33 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,095 reviews

Productive and fun though

It's fun working here, just that the hourly pay need to be looked into and politics has to stop. There should be flexibility to move from one technology to another without sentiments. Also, freelancers complaints has to be looked into with utmost emergency and not be abandoned.

Pros

Bonus

Cons

Not flexible to move from one technology to another and the hourly rate is rigid. Also, percentage cut from hourly rate is too big and they also collect big percentage from bonus too, which is weird!

Very competitive

As an online platform for freelancers, it is very competitive and needs you to update over time to survive in the field. I've been studying and always be updated to cope with the flow of the different business perspective and needs.

Pros

Free hours

Cons

unsecured payment

Productive Workplace

I loved my experience working with Upwork. It was a relaxed and collabrative enviroment. the demand for work was high and the pay was fair in my opinion.

Challenging

As a freelancer you won't go anywhere you will work globally and if your skills are good you will get the client. I am very happy to work as a freelancer with Upwork.

Ça en vaut la peine quand on travaille fort!

J'ai d'abord été déçue sur la plateforme parce que malgré mes nombreuses années d'expérience professionnelle comme rédactrice ailleurs, j'étais traitée comme une amateur. Certains clients offrent un salaire ridicule (5$ pour 3000 mots) ou demandent tellement de révisions que ça en revient à moins du salaire minimum. Heureusement, j'ai pu trouver des clients charmants qui m'ont donné des projets très intéressants, qui me paient de façon juste et qui apprécient mon travail à sa juste valeur. C'est facile de se trouver quelques contrats quand on a du temps libre puis prendre une pause quand on est occupé et pouvoir travailler où et quand on veut. Il y a bien sûr de très mauvais clients sur Upwork, mais aussi des très bons et ce n'est pas entièrement la faute du site. Leur service à la clientèle sur Facebook est également très bon. Upwork ne fait rien de mal, mais il faut tout de même faire attention aux mauvais clients qui s'y trouvent et qui ne respectent pas les travailleurs autonomes.

Pros

Travailler quand on veut, grande autonomie, contrats de tout genre.

Cons

Il y a souvent de mauvais clients sur la plateforme.

Productive Workplace

I have worked on upwork for over 1 year as a full stack developer. Upwork has many possibilities to grow their business but they never do. And their policy is not so flexible for freelancer.

Pros

Sending proposals with coverletter

Cons

Complicated policy

fun to work

very nice. I just started, don't know enough. I heard upwork is good place for freelancing. Very good for web and mobile development job. I would say everyone should try upwork.

There are many cool clients and talented developers.

UpWork is a job posting platform, I had worked as a Top-Rated JavaScript developer for 7 years and had many successful projects. There are many cool clients and developers, but some clients and developers are not so good.

Upwork can be your source of income

Work from home anywhere as an Independent Contractor. It is hard to build your profile at first but making your proposals personalized for each client you apply and your offer firm can go a long way.

Exciting oppurtunities.

It is an on line job where you bid for writing contracts, and the publisher or representative negotiate the terms of your contract. Most jobs are well paid. Upwork now charges for some of the services, something that had not happened before. Usually, they just take a percentage of what you earn , as a kind of "finders fee". Overall great opportunities.

Remote Working

It is great that I can manage my working schedule and I can work from wherever I want, but there is no social interaction, and the majority of the projects do not provide insurance or simply any kind of benefits.

Productive and fun work place

Best site for developer to work and learn.I have done some small projects its lot of learning.I learn new technologies and best part is everyone can work from anywhere.

Horrible platform for freelancers, no integrity withing organization

An absolute crapshoot of a website, where good freelancers have their accounts permanently disabled without any explanation, virtually no support whatsoever for freelancers and a very poorly put-together user interface.

Flexible Time

Good for Freelance worker . People who love to work remotely , upwork will be good choice for them . ..................................................

Flexible time to work

You can work as a team or do it individually and independently. Make good progress without negative feedback or comments or emotional abuse. I am able to work and finish on time.

Pros

flexible time

Cons

no benefits

Great place to be a freelancer.

The only issue is the large percentage of the profit that they take for being an escrow as well as the limited number of "Connects" offered. A good place to showcase your abilities and make some extra income and experience on the side.

Flexible Hours

I am a developer working for other companies (not Upwork) using the Upwork platform. Upwork does screen capture to report your work to your client and keeps a detailed log of your work history. I find this very helpful and useful to see the number of hours put in for a particular project or phase of project. Using Upwork allowed me to connect with companies in other countries and work with flexible hours.

Pros

Flexible Hours

Great platform for freelancers and digital nomads

Great platform for virtual workers/ freelancers. You can choose what skill set you want to offer to clients. Payments are secured but beware of scammers who post fake jobs or who ask you to work but never get paid especially fixed rate projects. But above all, Upwork is a great platform. Been a freelancer with Upwork for almost 10 years now.

Great team

Got to learn more new things with different culture. Team lead and team members were very helpful in providing and teaching new techniques in simple terms.

Doesn't work for me, and from today, you need to pay to work...

So I'm a songwriter/audio artist that sent about 12 proposals without having any feedback whatsoever. Not even a "Thanks" or "ok". I put hard efforts to even make demos and exemples of what they wanted. Nothing, nada. From now on, we have to pay to get connetcs to get proposals, and then leave 20% fees in addition to upwork. What a joke. Bye bye

Great Platform, Employer only oriented management

The Upwork platform is great, well polished, and user friendly. When it started, it was great, great balance and services. As time went by and management changed several times, and the freelancer base grew, it became more and more profit and employer oriented. With a fee of 20% for all earnings, it is considered one of the most expensive platforms, and smaller projects are less and less worth the time and effort.

Pros

Very large platform, user-friendly

Cons

Excessive fees, not freelancer-oriented

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Upwork. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement