Upstat Marketing Inc. Employee Reviews

Commission based door to door sales agent
Sales Associate for Telus (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 December 2018
Pretty much you start off the day by having a group meeting, we go over our sales pitch as a ground. supervisors and managers give you your daily turf and you we hit the road at around 11am. we start knocking doors until 6pm. We were selling Telus services in our case so anything from home Internet, phone, and mobility. Pretty tough job considering you have to still knock and sale weather rain or shine. Not a fun job but you can really develop valuable lessons and improve your social skills. if you are looking to get out of your comfort zone this job is just that. Everyday you are forced to step out of your comfort zone and engage with people. you can quickly build up your confidence level but as for the earning, it is unpredictable when they have the student promos during summer or when new iphones/products come out you can sign up a lot of people but then most people are already in contract and they dont trust people coming up to their door to sell them some product.
Incredible environment to work in for self & career growth. Opportunity to excel within the company at a fast rate.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 September 2018
Upstat Marketing is an incredible and growing company ran by very strong leadership. The opportunity for growth is unlimited and the income potential surpasses most other careers. Continuous training on sales and business is provided by management and leaders which makes this work place an exciting environment to be in. The self growth and career growth at Upstat Marketing is one I would not trade for anything else.
Pros
Learning, income, opportunity to move up fast
Cons
No cons
Came to learn, Stayed to grow and develop
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 September 2018
After accepting a role with Upstat with little to no experience, I immediately knew this was a field I had a future in and have been all in ever since.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to become a professional, there is no better place to start.
Amazing Atmosphere! Supportive Individuals. True Growth.
Direct Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 September 2018
I am truely grateful for the opportunities I have been given. The amount of growth I gained after the first two days amounted to months of training. Everyone pushes everyone to grow and succeed. I was revealed with potential that I never knew I was capable of.
Before working with Upstate, my long term goals seemed foggy; now they are achievable and that motivates me to better myself in all aspects of life. Upstat is for people who want a great salary and people who want to work hard on bettering themself all around. In summery, joining Upstate has been the best direction to success I have chosen.
Pros
Great money. Expert advice. Opportunity for promotion.
Great workplace with great growth potential
Sales rep (Current Employee) –  Hamiltom19 September 2018
Working at upstate marketing has opened up many doors for me. They do a lot of personal development on top of sales training everyday. You also do get a good schedule. You work 5 days a week from 11am to about 8pm, 9pm being the latest. The opportunities to better yourself here are massive and will help you in every area of your life. Managment is very connected to the sales reps. They are very involved and bring you up if your struggling not put you down. They treat every person with respect and even do one on one help if need be. The culture of the workplace is very community based, you will never feel alone or without help. The worst thing about this place is it is %100 PURE COMMISSION. Which is also a great pro. If you dont put %100 in you wont get what you think you would. However if you put %100 in you will have more success than you could think. The only other con is that you are walking outside for 5hrs a day 5 days a week. If those 2 cons don't worry you then you will excel and enjoy working here.
Pros
Great hours, good co-workers, great culture, good advancement opportunities
Cons
Pure commission, lots of outdoor exercise
This isn't for you if you want easy money.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 September 2018
This job is certainly for anyone who wants to work hard, stop making excuses and are willing to be uncomfortable in order to better yourself. The value of the education I've recieved and recieved every day is priceless. What I have learnt and the personal growth I've experienced has been nothing short of transformative. Lots of opportunities to take your career and your life to the next level.
Pros
Develop skills, friendly supportive team, huge opportunity for advancing your career and your life
Incredible!
Sales Representative (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 September 2018
Upstat is a place for growth and learning, not just a career!

Working here is not for everyone; you have to be willing to grow, have to be open to change, have to be ready to overcome any objections and negativity, and you have to be creative!
The environment that upstat has is unlike any other... by far one of the most positive and supportive workplaces that I have ever experienced.

This is a once in a lifetime experience!
Pros
Great Environment, Always learning, never feels like work
Great place to learn and advance skills in sales.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 September 2018
Work with a lot of cool people and really push yourself to learn about the business and culture. If you are interested in getting good at sales and controlling your income then this is the perfect place to be.
Pros
Great learning experience
Amazing Growth Opportunity
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 September 2018
I have been working at Upstat since July 2018, which is roughly 14 months and its been an amazing decision. A typical day for myself would be meeting up with the sales team in the morning, learning knowledge on sales and personal growth. The meeting consist of theory and a lot of drilling and practicing. Once the meeting is over we usually go out of lunch with the team and start cold calling people in different neighbourhoods. I love meeting new people, I love stepping outside my comfort zone, but most importantly I love the fact that this job has no limits. I can make as much money as I want and I can have fun while doing it. What i've learnt is that I am in control of the success in my life and this is the perfect job to craft my skills to become better. The management is extremely positive, always looking for my best interest, but most importantly the culture that I am apart of is amazing.

The group is the best part. They are extremely positive, helpful, and everyone is looking to grow. Ive always believed its not the opportunity at hand but about being with the right group of individuals to reach my dreams. If you are a motivated, hard working individual, looking to get outside ones comfort zone this is the job for you!

The hardest part of the job is forcing myself out of my area of comfort. Sales is like a sport, it can be tough when the skills aren't learned, but once the skill is learned, the sport can be fun. So with this job, once I learned my sales pitch, presentation, follow up and closing skills, the job become easy and fun. Would highly recommend it ,
  more... definitely changed my life !  less
Pros
No Limit on my Income Potential
Cons
If My Sales Skill Aren't Good, I Wont Be Successful
pure commission LMAO
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor,ON15 August 2018
Its an awesome atmosphere that is super competitive. This job definitely teaches you to hustle and push yourself. I would recommend to anyone trying to be an entrepreneur. because it really teaches to take your destiny into your own hands. It teaches how to deal with people. And, walking for 8 hours while dealing with the public, really tests your patience. So, it is a tough job. But it will help you grow. The coworkers were awesome and everyone was super helpful. Just make sure you keep track of your sales and expected income. So, there are no issues with salary.
Pros
Lot of growth, awesome co-worker, autonomy (able to choose how to sell)
Cons
long hours, risky (can get bad area some times), walking in sun whole day, tiring
Door to Door
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 March 2018
Upstat Marketing is a D2C company that helps young people to get into the world of sales. They have an amazing sales team and train you very thoroughly and professionally.
Pros
Sales Proffesional
Cons
Only commission
Excelente ambiente laboral
Representante de Ventas (Former Employee) –  British Columbia13 March 2018
Es una buena empresa para iniciar carrera en ventas porque las capacitaciones son excelentes pero es un trabajo muy demandante en el horario, hay mucha rotación de personal y se paga solo por comisión.
Pros
Buen ambiente laboral
Cons
Horario y mucha rotación de personal
Painful
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary3 January 2018
No paystubs. You don't know if you're getting paid on the right sales or not because they don't give any breakdown. Issues never get fixed so I lost thousands in potential sales. Horrible communication at all levels. Ask for something and it will never get done.

Pointless meetings. Thousands of people quit while I was there. So every meeting was going over the same thing to train the endless wave of new people. Nobody stayed more than 1 day. Wasted 3 hours a day from that.

There's third party agents that handle your sales and they ruin your sales because of poor training, a bad system and dishonesty.

They have subcontractors who do installs. Sometimes they never show up to someone's house so you lose money that way as the installer has to install something for you to get paid.

I was treated with less respect because I was too honest and didn't make any illegitimate sales. They want numbers and they push people to do shady things because of pressure.

Loved the relaxed atmosphere but they ruined it.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Poor management
Door to Door Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC11 November 2017
A typical day at work was meeting at the main office at 12noon. Then all the employee's went over a game plan for that day and if any body needed to be transported any where. After that we would divide into teams to decide who was going to what district of Vancouver Island.
It's ok.
Door to Door Sales (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC2 November 2017
Though management is good, lots of exercise, but is not a job for the faint of heart.

Your work companions are always nice, everyone's very helpful, but its hard work. The people at the door often think they know what they're talking about having never listened to any others before.
Pros
Free Mocha Latte every morning.
Cons
Long hours once travels included
Great people to work with
Sales (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC2 October 2017
Lots of fun people to work with. Lots of challenges but great bonuses. Door to door sales with lots of walking so being physically capable of walking all day is a must.
Valuable experience and rewarding income
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 August 2017
At upstat there will always be a team leader or manager there to help you succeed however your success depends solely on the amount of work you put in and can be very rewarding. You will learn how to better your social skills through your confidence and voice as you will be talking to clients all day. Team meetings at the start of each day will help with product knowledge and the ins and outs of selling to the average consumer. This job gets easier with time and practice but it is important to stay motivated and persistent because some days your work will not reflect your income and other days it will. Overall it is a great opportunity to earn money and gain a set of skills that will be an asset to you in your career.
Pros
team environment, team groupchat to ask any questions, roadtrip opportunities.
Cons
Hours
Great training, great environment to learn and dictate your own success
Junior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 May 2017
Upstat Marketing, and working in direct sales, was an area under the marketing umbrella that I wasn't yet too familiar with - and so I took the employment as a learning opportunity; To better communicate with and maintain customers, understand the sales funnel, manage a CRM, and close deals. Upstat taught me just that with excellent training, a great team of charismatic sales consultants to learn from, and a challenging work environment. With my time at the company, I grasped a valuable, hands-on understanding about personal selling and experiential marketing, and would recommend the job to anyone looking to do the same.
Best Place To Work
Sales person Door to Door (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC28 March 2017
I love upstat marketing it's one of the best jobs I have ever had so far, pay is good people are amazing friendly and help when you need it awesome experience I had no clue I could ever be a sales person but now I have opened up a lot to new people and just love my team and work! Thanks Upstat
Pros
Friendly, People, Exercise, Experience
Cons
Doors being slammed in face, rude customers
team based opportunity
Door to Door Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC10 March 2017
Fun place to work and gain experience in sales. Salary is based on how hard you work so it can be either great of terrible its up to you. many bonuses
Pros
team environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Upstat Marketing Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Upstat Marketing Inc. Reviews by Location