Upper Canada District School Board

Upper Canada District School Board Employee Reviews

Management is very kind and compassionate. Atmosphere is fantastic with charitable giving opportunities! I would highly recommend working at the UCDSB to anyone.

N/a

Takes too long to get full-time. Pay is good for the work but no garinty that you will get in permanently. Must have a vehicle cus they are going to drive you to a lot of different schools.

Meaningful work. Good supervisor

I enjoyed working for the upper Canada school board. I was employed by them for a year and a half. I felt like I was part of a team and had very good supervisors.

Great Job

Very busy fast paced not boring day goes by fast All kinds of different jobs You are always challenged and constantly learning Great job to start out with

Collaborative; challenging; welcoming new ideas

I had the opportunity to carve out my own roles several times. I had excellent team members and generally supportive staff. The board tries to put students first.

Diverse Socioeconomic Population

The work for the most part is fun. You do your job and are left alone to do it . Breaks are recess and lunch. Most teachers don't know how to "use" their EA's. Some of the jobs are one-on-one, other's you are assigned to a classroom and float around the room working with kids who need the help. You are not required to attend staff meetings, but we do, because most or all of the information does not concern EA's. If it pertains to us the teacher will fill you in in the morning. Social life can make or break a school,as can the principal. Your lucky to get a good social comity that pans a lot of events,get good turnouts and have fun.

I worked as a supply teacher for six years in various schools under various management and staff. I had no problem at all. I wanted full-time work and could not get it so I moved on.

Fun challenging workplace

I love working for the upper Canada district school board. Working as a team and collaborating every day helps with the children's every day learning. The school board has been accommodating and understanding always.

Challenging and rewarding work

The work load has a day to day variety of tasks and is challenging. The people where I work are friendly and embody a team spirit work ethic. The benefits are great too.

Fun place to work as you are always meeting new people

Unfortunately, it is very hard to get full-time job within the board. You need to spend many years networking and meeting other board principals and staff members with the hope to get hired full-time and not just a casual staff employee. Every school is different culture so best to be very adaptable! HR testing is archaic as they expect you to have things memorized that are used only in the school system so difficult to new board applications.

Jobs at Upper Canada District School Board

See more jobs

Great workplace

Great workplace environment and great team. Very enjoyable to assist with learning and growing your skills. Always co-workers to help with any questions/concerns one may have.

Great benefits and good place to work

Fast paced environment that requires problem solving skills. Other staff are very supportive and helpful. Overall, great benefits and good place to work.

Good place. Good pay.

Professional workplace. Fast-paced and detail oriented. Monday to Friday; weekends off. I really don't know what else to say. It's a decent job with good pay.

Fun facility to work at

Min. wage, expected to work over hours given and at times can be placed to fill in to help teachers. Outnumbered to supervise students, which can be unsafe to students/staff.

The Upper Canada District School Board is a high quality educational organization

UCDSB mission is to prepare all students for a successful life, which is guided by a three-year Strategic Plan known as CREW, which sets out various projects to help the Board improve the education and wellness of staff and students. These projects fall under four general areas: Collaboration, Resources, Educational Programs and Wellness. We use the Strategic Plan to set achievable goals and to track our progress.

Pros

Run by highly professional staff, work for the befits of students.

Fdk

Great workplace with nice coworkers. Embraced the full day kindergarten program and implemented it with the childrens curiosity and inquiry at the fore front of instruction.

Pier 1 Imports

Stock Boy - Maintain and putout the imports, and develop out the store Put tickets on the imports, and keep the store imports clean and organized.

Pros

Fun place to work

Cons

On a store for long time of years

Great place to work and a fantastic team

Working in a place where you have been instrumental in the growth and positive changes in the people you work with is very rewarding. The challenges and rewards of this work are great motivators to keep me coming back.

Pros

Team approach

Cons

Environmental restrictions

overall good facility to work in

Great experience working with the students. Good coworker relationships. My experience has been good in respect to management. A great opportunity to work with some flexibility while my children were young.

Pros

great hours

Cons

low pay scale for support staff

Very Rewarding

This is a volunteer position so every day is different. Always rewarding working with kids. Got to work with the kids in a variety of different activities.

Pros

Getting to work with kids

Cons

Never enough support

Rewarding Students

Working with the students in the Alternate Education schools is very rewarding and gives the students the special attention everyone deserves. They work well with one on one instruction where their individual needs and learning abilities are addressed.

Pros

Relaxed Work Environment

Cons

Draining

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Upper Canada District School Board. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2