UPLIFT Employee Reviews

great people great workplace
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CA15 May 2019
Work was amazing everyday! people were great! work load was great! easy to learn the financial system. ability to wear many hats and cross train in many departments.
Horrible place do not work here!!!
Crma (Former Employee) –  Gardiner, ME9 October 2018
I worked here for almost 3 years. Was called after working a shift and was told I was no longer an employee there. No explanation why either and I still do not know to this day! Management is horrible and they don’t care about clients or employees at all. Maybe they should work in one of the houses so they would know what it’s like and how stressful it is. I feel like I wasted almost 3 years there and was not appreciated at all. Co workers would talk behind eachothers backs and not do the work they were supposed to do. Most were lazy and just came there for a paycheck. There was always overtime and open shifts available. Whenever they would hire someone they would not last long. I worked overtime almost every week for 2 years! I seriously hope this place gets shut down.
Caring, welcoming environment
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Gardiner, ME30 July 2018
I was hired as a per diem relief worker. My experience with the company was enjoyable and instructive. I received adequate training to perform my required duties and there was always a contact person available if a problem arose. I enjoyed interacting with the residents and found fellow staff members helpful and welcoming.
n/a
Family Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WY19 June 2018
Again, I do NOT wish to review previous employers, and would like that to be recognized and respected, due to the fact that this should be a completely voluntary section.
Great Vibes at the workplace
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY14 January 2018
Walk in and immediately smell the fresh essential oil choice of the day, while breathing in the air from the diffuser in the waiting area. The kind welcoming staff and amazing clients just brightens up the mood at UpLift Spa.
Pros
Free treatments, Learning Everyday
Cons
can get lonely on slow days
Collaborative place with the focus on the scholars
Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX6 December 2017
Uplift strives to provide a safe and productive learning environment for their scholars. There are opportunities to improve in regarding the forward thinking of the campuses.
Love the Children
public, staff (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TX29 November 2017
Going to work and making a child smile made my day. Assisting the needs of parents and scholars. Great time off with all holidays including paid time off.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
health care benifits
Productive and nice company to work for.
DSP (Direct Support Professional)/ CRMA (Current Employee) –  Gardiner, ME2 November 2017
When I started in this field I wasn't so sure it was for me. After taking classes and learning new things I can not imagine myself anywhere else. I love this field and I want to further my education to better prepare myself for what comes next.
Pros
Trainings, and classes.
Cons
Not very many breaks.
review
DSP/CRMA (Current Employee) –  Gardiner, ME28 June 2017
great company to work for. i would recommend this company to anybody looking for a job. they listen when you need to talk and they take action when they need too. this company really cares for there clients and it shows.
Review of Uplift
Residential Care Facility Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gardiner, ME15 June 2016
Expections and salary of managers is poor and degrading. Outside of the continuous nepatism my co workers were pleasant. The hardest part of the job was not knowing what to expect, the lack of adhearance to the policies and procedures and knowing what to be responsibable for compared to the job description. The most enjoyable part of the job was the clients we had the pleasure of working with.
Pros
Cons
lack of support, poor communiction, lack of stability within the organziation, nepatism
Small drs office with easy going drs
DSP/CRMA (Former Employee) –  Gardiner, ME20 September 2014
This was my 2nd job as a medical assistant. The drs were very nice. My typical day was bringing patients in and doing vital signs, finding out why they were there, phlebotomy, immunizations, EKG's and I filled in as a receptionist which required billing.
Good environment, but workload is a lot
Counselor and Videographer (Former Employee) –  Searcy, AR23 July 2014
I loved the people I worked with, but the workload was usually too much to handle. A lot of long hours and late evenings.
Great place to work!
CRMA/DSP (Current Employee) –  Gardiner, ME18 November 2013
I've worked here since May. I have an amazing boss and have an amazing team that I work with, the pay isn't great. I love the people I assist and support.
Pros
The people I work with and the people we support
Cons
The pay, not a lot of room for advancement
I love this company!
DSP, CRMA (Former Employee) –  Gardiner, ME16 February 2013
UpLift, Inc. was a great company to work for. When I was first hired on, I was 5 months pregnant. They still hired me and I was able to work the shift that best suited me and my family. Once it was time for me to go out on Maternity leave, they were very understanding. When I wanted to come back (6 months later) they did not hesitate to hire me back on. I took the 'on call' position, until a permanent position came available. I really enjoyed my client that I worked for. My client and myself knew each other like the back of our hands. On a typical work day, I would get there at 6 a.m. read my emails from the company or make needed phone calls for the client. When this client would wake up, I would greet her, ask her how she slept, what she did the night/day(s) prior and carry on chit chat. I would then began her requested breakfast. Once she ate and took her medications I would then start her daily routine. I would ask her what she would like to do today and we would plan it out around her scheduled medication times. At the end of the shift/day I would either lay out her night clothes or assist her into them. Then I would cook her meal, clean up and do any house hold cleaning that needed to be done before the end of my shift.

While working for this company UpLift put me through CPR, First-Aid and the CRMA (Certified Registered Medication Administrator) course. All which I successfully passed.

I learned about many different kinds of mental, physical and emotional handicaps.

I could not of had a better supervisor. I was going through some personal issues and my supervisor was
  more... very understanding. She gave me time off to deal with it and even told me to let her know if I needed a break or less hours.

Most of my co-workers were great and very friendly. They were very helpful and willing to help out where and when available.

The worst part about my job was, when I left the company, I could not return to see my client. To this day I still have not been "allowed" to say good-bye to her or call her on holidays.

I have quite a bit of good things to say about UpLift. My most favorable thing that stands out the most, is the Clients we served. They accepted you no matter who you are. They are all very loving.
Pros
paid lunches for meetings, certification courses and trainings were paid for by employer
Cons
healthcare coverage to high, no over time, forced to work double 12 hr shifts
Great Place to work with youth
Counslor (Former Employee) –  New London, CT31 December 2011
Great company to work helping the young teen to be a better person. Learn life skills, how to stay focus on how important school is and making a great impact on society
Pros
free lunch, trips