Uplevel
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Uplevel Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews
there is very poor communication between management and staff. obvious favoritism is shown. it starts off being a fun environment to work in until you realize that they keep piling work on until you cannot take any more. After that, should it be stated as such you are shown the door. Avoid this environment if at all possible. it should be noted that at least 40% of the staff have gone on stress leave at least one time.
right hand had no idea what the left is doing, poor communication, poor onboarding, poor management. Additional tasks and work added after hire that wasn't discussed at time of hire
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Addition work and hours expected with no compensation
Starts out with rainbow stickers and family workplace speech, quickly turns ugly with added work without reasonable pay, crazy turnover, revolving door.
Pros
its a job
Cons
Poor Manamagemt, poor communication
When I joined Up Level, I was unsure how much I would enjoy working in debt recovery. I experienced great satisfaction helping and educating consumers of the benefits of resolving their debts and taking control of their financial status, as well as improving their credit file. I enjoyed the opportunity to make a positive influence turning financial struggles into the beginning of financial success. I ended up working at Up Level for 16 years. I also developed strong relationships throughout the many company events as well as the open door policy, with both fellow employees and management. When leaving to pursue a different calling, I received much support and recognition for my successes, and future goals. I will forever be thankful for the experience I had at Up Level.
Pros
clean, comfortable environment. Straight days.
After spending ten years with UPLevel, I can honestly say it was one of the most rewarding and enjoyable companies I have worked with. The management team provided ample opportunity for me to succeed, while ensuring the work environment was supportive, collaborative and fun, making it an absolute joy to return each day for work. After I made the decision to pursue a new career path, the team at UPLevel were very supportive in my decision. The bonds and friendships I fostered over the years made the transition a difficult choice. I would recommend UPLevel as a great company for any hard-working individual, looking to establish a strong, rewarding and long-lasting career for themselves.
This company makes you come in early for meetings and won't pay you for it.
As well, the only way to get anywhere is to be related to the owners or in their clique.

An employee from HR had been heard giving relationship advice to an employee while I was there. It was "if you can't get over someone, get under someone" Not professional!!
Pros
On site parking if you are lucky
Cons
Venemous management team
Management is extremely emotionally manipulative and bully and shame anyone with a brain. Management looooooves to brag on and on about their family environment/culture but is a complete farce. Management also makes you work for free, makes it mandatory to start 15mins early, no 15 min breaks at all, 30 min lunch and after working 8:15-5 you get paid for 7.5 hours. Also makes you dress up to impress clients when you’re making $16/hour.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Cult-like manipulation, toxic environment, dismal management, extremely deceptive
You'll get hired for a certain position at Uplevel and within a months time they'll ask if you can help in another department. Eventually the new department is the only thing you're working in even though it is not the field that you applied for, including have a completely different set of work hours. There is a very poor work life balance, unless you are one of the favorited employees (think lots of familial ties) and the turnover rate is ridiculously high - just check the staff photos from their social media accounts - there's a different set of workers every 6 months.
At UPLevel I was able to learn and develop my customer service and time management skills along with gaining call center experience. Great work and life balance. I love my work family I work with and I am challenged on a daily basis. I highly recommend this organization to anyone!
The staff here are so supportive and friendly! If you're just starting out, training is very thorough, and readily available if you feel you need more.
You are given all tools you need to do your job efficiently, the culture is so close-knit and family oriented. Everyone shares and celebrates your successes with you - it's amazing!!
Employee (Former Employee), Canada – 7 December 2019
“Customers do not come first; employees come first. If you take care of your employees they will take care of your customers” Richard Branson.

This does not characterize this company. Their whole culture is built upon being a loving work family. They are not. The only time I ever heard anything about being a work family and that the employees were appreciated was when management wanted more work completed by everyone. They are extremely emotionally manipulative and can be verbally abusive. They are punitive as well by refusing to pay vacation pay after an employee provided sufficient notice prior to resigning. When employees were fired and off boarding forms were completed they were left on the printer in a high traffic area for everyone to see. Save yourself some trouble and avoid at all costs.
This place sucked, the training sucked, the people to company works for sucked. It's debt collection, so I shouldn't be surprised. They actually gloated about how because they let us use the washrooms freely they were much better than other companies.