Up Fundraising

Up Fundraising Employee Reviews

Canada24 reviews
Meaningful and Engaging
I was new to Toronto and looking for a fun and engaging work experience. By working at UP Fundraising, I was able to do just that! Working in various locations in the GTA made sure each week was different than the last. Being able to communicate to members of the public about different charity initatives not only allowed me to be knowledge in relaying information to various stakeholders, but also allowed for the opportunity for geniune human connection. I would recommend this job to anyone who's interested in helping people, who has a positive attitude, and is a big team player.
Disorganized
POOR MANAGEMENT and a very competitive environment yet there is not enough coaching. Instead of training new hires properly they fire them, I watched many people get laid off when they really needed more training Some workers are too serious while others do nothing.
Very good compensation with realistic daily goals
Every team is fun and friendly, you can work in a warm environment.
The management is always there to help and they are patient with our evolution.

You have to be strong mentally and be disciplined to achieve your goals, as long as you work like you should, you will like this job. Very generous commission plan that you can achieve easily if you work well.
Do not work with this company
This company is a completely a scam. They are racist and unbelievably rude. They target immigrant students ,hire them on the spot without any forms or training. After 2 weeks given, they fire you without notice and on the spot. They hire new immigrants. This job is unstable and the biggest scam in Toronto.
Don’t do it
They’ll hire anyone just to get people on the street. Training consists of 2-4 hours and then you hit the street and are immediately given targets without appropriate support. Contracts are only expected to be upheld by the contractor, with themselves actively changing the terms with moments notice. The only highlight are the others on the street with you. Don’t do it, it’s not worth your time or energy.
Pros
Your colleagues
Cons
Poor Management, inconsistent pay, no job security, poor training
Do not suggest working here.
Not Including myself, 8 or more employees quit within a couple months. This is not the environment anyone should work in. Hopefully something changes and people are valued and respected.
Terrible work place/leader
I was expected to work a 2-9 shift for my first day, which was exciting. I got there, found out the person who was working left at 3, and wasn’t there long enough to train. Before I started at 2, I had to call my leader who wasn’t in town, when he found out I didn’t have a completely perfect pitch/remember everything about the charity in under 24 hours, he told me he expected this of me, and didn’t think I’d be good for the job. Rude especially since I didn’t even start my first ever shift. Terrible. No training, no job. No point.
Pros
Cons
No training, work alone first day. Rude leader.
Times at Up
Enjoyable experience with fun targets & a friendly, encouraging and motivating team atmosphere - I would definitely recommend this position to others.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Up Fundraising?
Supportive workplace with lots of opportunities to thrive
Management is really supportive. If you are doing well they find every opportunity to thank you and show you their appreciation. If you are struggling they pair you with someone that can help you improve your performance and be a support for you. What you want in terms of hours, location and time-off is a priority for them, which I really appreciated. I think the bonus system is great and really incentivized me to work hard.
Opportunities for growth and fun coworkers
I started as a fundraiser when I was in a transition period career-wise. I made amazing friends with other fundraisers and learned skills to overcome the challenges of the job (lots of rejection). I was promoted to Team Leader then Program Manager and have a great working relationship with my Manager and colleagues.
Pros
good bonus structure, fair base hourly rate, opportunity for growth, social activities with teams
Cons
have to handle a lot of rejection, working outside in all weather conditions
Fun, supportive workplace.
Stressful workplace but if it is managed well it is fun and supportive. Eight hour days, nice co-workers but there is a lot of turnover since the industry is not for everyone.
Do not work at this deceiving company
-Once hired, they do not call you to tell you what to do next. You’ll have to make that effort
-They do not pay attention when interviewing you. Their minds are elsewhere.

-Director Anne (of Field Operations in Canada) is not professional and rude

-Overall it’s a waste of time
Great Team and Cause
Working at Up Fundraising was great. You meet great people and great management. Plus, it's for a great cause. It is also a commission based company that pays bi weekly
Hard work but rewarding if passionate about social change
If you are great at talking to strangers then you will have a good head start on this job. The job is very emotionally demanding but it helps one develop great skills that can be applied in any position. Mental resilience, stamina, conversation techniques, and plenty more.
Dishonest
They bully you to get sales, and threaten to fire you if you don’t get them, they don’t give u travel allowance that they promise, they get upset when you talk to management about oversight, hostile to suggestions or questions. If you’re a guy and you get harassed they blame you, if your a girl and get harassed they feign sympathy but then bully you to continue getting sales, they favourite certain people even if those certain people directly violate workplace harassment policies. They use international students and siphon money from their pay. If you are gonna work here the best part is the other low level people, they are fun, anyone in higher levels see you as a tool to make themselves money. They claim to be about charity but they really just want sales.
Pros
Working outside with cool people
Cons
Confusing punch in system, dishonest about pay and travel allowances, dishonest about job security and a toxic attitude towards employees
Don’t waste your time. They are not legit.
Late to pay you.
Lie about hours you’ll receive.

The people there clearly don’t know what they are doing and they also don’t care.

Save yourself the headache.
Pros
Cons
Not a legit company.
The most toxic, racist, fraudulent company I have EVER worked for
There are no words to describe the absolute toxic work culture that is at Up Fundraising and it's sister company Knewsales Group (that now goes by KSG). They are in the business of taking advantage of international students who don't know their rights. Upper management openly makes fun of their workforce for not speaking English "properly" and discriminate by asking recruiters not to hire people from certain backgrounds.
The managers are also all overbearing bullies. They don't pay people properly OR on time. They have no HR department. Fraud is literally everywhere. ZERO opportunity for upwards mobility because promotion is never based on skill or merit.
Great environment with plenty of space to grow.
Honestly you reap what you sow.

Working at UP has been an amazing experience. From the fundraisers to the management teams. The working environment is a very fun environment where you will be able to develop team and leadership skills

There's also lots of room for growth. If you're a person who's driven for success and likes to set goals and targets for yourself then this is the job for you. You will be able to make very good many and impact so many lives at the same-time.

I've worked with UP for 3 month before was promoted to a team leader position. But like I said you reap what you sow.

I think one of the best things about this job is that you are able to have an impact on so many peoples lives. The hours are VERY flexible and you will also meet some really amazing people while working.

I've seen people who were introverts become extroverts.

This can be your career... PT or FT.

It's really up too you what you make of it.

I love this job, best one yet.
Pros
Impacting Lives, Hourly Wage & Bonus', Travel Comp, Great Work Environment, Room to Grow.
Cons
No Cons
Not stable, management sucks
They fire people to quickly and tell lies. When I worked there they hired 4 ppl and fired them within 4 weeks.Please don’t fall into this trap. It’s a scam
Pros
Good pay
Cons
They will fire you for no reason
Horrible people to work for
I worked as a representative for them to secure blood donation appointments in malls. Horrible job. The boss kept threatening to fire people the whole time when we didn’t get the numbers he wanted. We were completely used and disposable. I never want to work for them again.
Pros
Wage slightly above minimum and fairly relaxed schedule
Cons
Everything else
Active and energetic job with lots of freedom
On a typical day with Up Fundraising, I would be scheduled for a 4-6 hour shift at a public venue or event such as Costco or a local festival. A manager or supervisor would typically be there a bit earlier to have the booth set up with digital tablets used to sign up eligible consumers for blood donations. The most difficult part of the job is persuading passerby's to stop or even acknowledge you, but once you do make a connection and engage, the feeling is so rewarding helping towards a good cause.
Pros
Manage your own schedule
Cons
On your feet all day