Unlimited Potential Community Services Employee Reviews

Fun playing with the youths
Child and Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB20 August 2019
Some days were long as there wasn't no youths at the home as they may have been on a Home visit with family or out with friends. Staff would make lunches for the youth on school days. Other days were busy. Appts for Drs, or with other people. Overall it was a good job.
Wonderful place to work
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 August 2019
I recently have had to relocate to Ontario and had to leave my job at UPCS. It has been one of the hardest things I have had to do. UPCS is a friendly company with fair wages and an amazing benefits package. Worked there for a long time and would go back in a heartbeat. The organization is focused on team work and are like a big family. Big organization and wonderful people. I worked in group care and the way of the world is sometimes you do doubles but that is the work we are in. Miss this organization everyday.
Horrible Work Environment
Child and Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 June 2019
Extreme favouritism and biases within the company.
They changed their name from Bosco Homes due to their negative image in the community (ex. abusive employee, etc.) but they haven't changed their practices.

It is a great place to learn what you need to in order to get a better job elsewhere.

Most programs have cliques and if you're unable to get 'in' with the cliques, there's no way to get advancement within the company.

There will be 'feedback' given (but only if you ask), and then no examples on where you can improve are offered.

High turnover in people that actually want to see the children succeed, leading to burnt out and harsh staff remaining in the programs as full time staff.

Would not recommend anyone stay within this company for long. Especially as a person of colour.
Pros
The clients
Cons
The workplace culture
Amazing
Program manager (Current Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB11 April 2019
In my 12 years of group care work across Canada, I have never seen group homes that provide such opportunity for the clients first and foremost but also the staff. I have always felt supported, heard and valued.
It’s tough work and you’ll learn a lot about yourself and abilities along the way. UPCS has given me a quality of life I couldn’t get anywhere else with it’s salary, benefits and rrsp (employer paid) along with a space to be creative and really impact the lives of our youths. Lots of opportunities to discover what you want to do in this field. We have so much more than group care.
I have met such cool kids and strong families working here.
The only way to know is to find out for yourself. The staff and management are full of great people.
Pros
THE KIDS! So much fun. Benefits, opportunity for extra shift (extra income), employeer paid rrsp, fun people, organization group activities (escape rooms, movies, paint night - all free)
Cons
Yes you can work long hours but not all the time, it’s tough learning the journeys youth have been on
Cliques, favourtism and poor management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2019
If I could give zeros I would. Toxic environment with poor management. Leadership is two-faced and consistently demonstrate favouritism; employing spouses and family members with no separation in organization . There are some great people that work here but it is few and far between.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Work, life balance
Horrible place to work
Child and youth care worker (Former Employee) –  Ponoka, AB26 March 2019
Management doesn’t care about staff, this is a company where you are replaceable. There is no support for frontline staff. If working here expect to work multiple 16 hour shifts and not get paid overtime.
Pros
Clients can be great to work with
Cons
Long hours, lack of support
My review
Family Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 March 2019
The employees are great, working to their best to support families and clients. The leadership seemed to be reactive instead of problem solving or communicating. I'm an introvert, maybe to the extreme, but did not feel safe there. At all.
Pros
People!!
Cons
On call, crisis led days
Unlimited Potential Community Services
Intensive Child & Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB24 January 2019
UPCS is a supporting, positive and overall great environment to work in. I highly recommend working relief first to ensure this is the career for you as youth care can be tough.