University of the Fraser Valley

University of the Fraser Valley Employee Reviews

A good place to begin your career

My first job. I enjoyed learning and growing productively here. Supporting supervisors who understood study-work balance and allowed you to explore new opportunities for personal growth.

Good part time job

The Job can be a bit mundane at times but overall simple to learn and execute. Staff is very friendly and it is a University environment so it is laid back for the most part.

Academic freedom

There was encouraged academic freedom in the teaching of the classes by the department; however, due to overall decisions made by the university it was difficult to obtain any consistent hours within the university. I enjoyed working with the department, and would have welcomed the opportunity to continue to be there.

Great place to work stressfree with many great benefits.

I worked as research person at UFV. I loved my work & enjoyed my work. I learnt a lot. I got many benefits like free medical, dental & parking. I got paid above minimum.

Great learning and working environment!

Great learning and working environment This is a committed volunteer position per semester. It is a constantly evolving environment with interaction with many different students in one day. The hardest part of the job is understanding the lesson plan and being prepared to teach it with 24 hours notice. The most enjoyable parts of the job is seeing the sparkle in a child's eye when they realize they can do something new. This opportunity provides a great work experience for anyone looking to go into teaching or working with children!

Very family like and inclusive.Mangement was good. The most enjoyable part of my day was and job was interacting with people. I learned the post secondary atmosphere is fast paced.

Speaker

I volunteered for the Psychology department to give lectures on coaching models, self confidence and goal building for athletes/students and just about anyone.

A place to work where you feel like working daily.

A typical work day consist of: Primary responsibility is troubleshooting computer problems. Explain student about various PC components and disassembling them. Assist students who require extra guidance & Perform various computer lab sessions. The best part of working in University is the happy work environment .

great place to work

i worked as a work-study student at the university of the fraser valley, there are many opportunities available here and it is a great place to work! I would recommend it

Workplace Culture

It's a nice place to work at. They arranged your work schedule depending on the classes you are taking. So you won't have any trouble juggling study and work since they will still give a you lot of time to study. Just tell them that you're having trouble with your school works or if you demand more hours, they'll give it to you.

a great school to attend

after going to this university for 3 years I can say that the staff and management are absolutely fantastic. They go above and beyond to help their students.

Friendly

Would handle group of students and managed a class with cisco devices

Great Experience for real life

Flexible hours as long as you complete the assignments given. You learn how to research and then put into a comprehensive report that allows others to read a condensed version of your work.

Fun workplace

Editing documents, filing student records, contacting companies, sorting gifts, and participating in interviews. Many students come in to seek help in job applying or for their co op program.

Pros

Free snacks

Cons

Long hours of sitting

Good student job

Nice to help folks out, gives you time to work on your own homework, keeps you engaged with school life. Geography department staff are friendly and helpful.

Supportive and exciting work

I worked as a student research assistant. I had a lot of support and help from professors. It was amazing work which was relevant to my studies. I was paid on time.

comfortable

Because it was in the UFV, where is a good university with people coming from different countries, and different cultures, it was really nice time to study and enjoy the team work.

Pros

Free foods

productive

Excellent place to study and enhance your skills. the campus sis full o new things to explore every time and the faculty here is very helpful and great.

Flexible Hours for students

gave Flexible Hours for students. However hours were less and employers were more. Their expectations were also unclear. Most of the stuff is to be discovered by the worker himself/herself.

Productive and fun workplace

It is a productive and fun workplace and I was able to learn a lot of new and valuable work skills.Ensured computers and printer were working properly, ensured that computer lab was kept neat, answered students' questions about computers, resolved minor problems and reported major problems to Information Technology personnel, recorded the number of computer lab users

In my experience, self-reviews are extremely helpful because they give employees a way to reflect on their own performance. This will give the employer more details on how the employee has performed, because they are more likely to remember everything, as opposed to a supervisor who’s keeping track of 7-10 employees.

Pros

Gained knowledge

Cons

Random hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of the Fraser Valley. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4