University of the Fraser Valley Employee Reviews

no workplace culture
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Office1 June 2018
unfortunately it really lacks workplace culture and this makes it a dry and boring place to be for 40 hours a week, there could be quite a bit more that the workplace could do to make it an enjoyable place to be
great student employment
Invigilator/ Student Life assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC26 April 2018
Having a student job is one of the best ways to learn new skills and round out your school experience. Working in the two areas i did, i had the opportunity to help fellow students.
It was a work study, I worked and studies
Work study, Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC17 April 2018
It was a great opportunity to study while working CIS, I got to learn as a teachers assistant for 1 class over the course of 4 years and as a Lab monitor for 3 years for networking.
fun place to work
Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC17 April 2018
I am glad i took the job it was a great experience. I am studying in the IT field so dealing and solving new problems is something that i really enjoy.
Good
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC5 November 2017
I love the nature of the work. The programs are not set up in the most effective way, but the concept is new and I'm sure improvements will be made over time.
great place to work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC21 October 2017
It was a challenging position as it was my first time teaching!

I would love to work more at UFV but they are not offering the course this year!

The people I worked with at UFV were amazing
Fun workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC10 October 2017
University of the Fraser Valley (UFV), gave me an outstanding experience of a balanced work-study life. The DEAN has been always kind to offer me job positions that worked with my class schedules.
productive, challenging and fun workplace
Network lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC2 July 2017
UFV provides an amazing educational experience. Class sizes are small and there are plenty of opportunities to really get to know your professors.....
Just a Lab Assistant
Classroom Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC1 July 2017
Good time and helped my lto enhance my learning as I was able to listen to course content from different proifessors and able to answer questions from my peers, which I may not have asked or tought of when previously enrolled in the course myself.,
Pros
Learning with my peers
Cons
limited in hours
Excellent experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC19 March 2017
Typically we collected water and weather data at different sites in Fort Langley and Abbotsford, using various equipment. I enjoyed working as a research assistant collecting water samples from the Fraser River and tributaries, as water management and coastal systems are my passion. The data we collected was sent to Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute in furtherance of the Global Rivers Observatory Project.
Pros
Experience with equipment
Good university
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC9 October 2016
UFV is a nice place to study. Small classrooms make a good study environment to learn. They should offer pay per credit to all students. It makes learning easier
Working one on one with International Students
Organizational Officer (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC5 July 2016
During my time at the University of the Fraser Valley, I had the opportunity to work with people from different backgrounds and people from all over the world. It was my duty to make sure that they settled into campus life as comfortable as possible and encouraged them to participate in different events and programs as much as possible. While engaging with those from different backgrounds of culture I was able to emotionally support those dealing with culture shock and directed them to different resources such as the counselors provided by the University. I also had the opportunity to facilitate different programs and events aimed towards the promotion of diversity in the university realm. This allowed me to connect and learn different cultures and people and was a beautiful experience.
It's School
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC2 July 2016
I went to school here for my first period apprenticeship, they teach you a lot you need to know and even a bit that you don't need to know.
great university
Global Engagement Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC25 May 2016
I am gonna miss this university. I really like the class sizes and because of that instructors know me by my name not numbers.
Very flexible with work-study student schedule
TEACHING & PROGRAMMING LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC20 May 2016
The job position is very helpful for students to support them with close supervision during lectures and programming lab.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Flexible Schedule
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Photography Lab14 March 2016
Working in the photo lab gave me a flexible Schedule to work around my university classes. It allowed me to work and still focus on my classes.
Love this work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC22 February 2016
The professor whom I work with is very professional and easy-going. She is a wonderful person as well as a good mentor. The working atmosphere is inclusive and friendly. I learn a lot from this job and from my professor in addition to contributing my skills and knowledge as well.
Fun work place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC11 February 2016
Amazing workplace environment, great culture and good salary. I enjoyed everyday of my work at UFV. Everyday there is something new to learn
Great
Professor's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC11 November 2015
It was immensely enjoyable to work under a professor in a field I'm extremely interested in. It made me wish to one day return as a professor.
a very nice collage to work at
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC10 November 2015
In this university, I learned how to fast search articles and how to be efficient while working, Working in high pressure helped me learn a lot.