University of Winnipeg Employee Reviews

Good
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 May 2018
It takes passion and relevant, advanced skills to become a leader. PACE provides the tools through industry-recognized instructors and flexible training options.
U of w wlc
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 March 2018
I was hired for a short term contract at the WiichiiWaakanak Learning Centre. The computer lab I worked in was accessible to the public so security was often an issue. The manager displayed poor team building skills.
City style work
Service Worker 3 (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 March 2018
Lots of down time, coupled with vacancy management style. Often split between tasks at a moments notice. Reported to multiple bosses throughout a typical day. Learned a great deal about government funded organizational culture. Gained years of experience in maintaining and managing public access/private access building. Interdepartmental communication was poor. Experienced frustrations because of miss direction. The challenges where many. The most valuable experiences where maintaining 100,000 plus sq. ft. buildings.
Pros
Inner city location, lots of public interaction
Cons
No REAL job descritpion
welcoming environment to work
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 January 2018
The university of winnipeg is an excellent place to work. The faculty are very friendly and share a love of knowledge production, consumption, and distribution
It's a post secondary institution
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 November 2017
I don't have a ton to say about working there other than it's a good place to work but you don't get paid very well at all. Definitely below industry norms.
Very interesting and engaging
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 November 2017
While doing this job, I was given the opportunity to interact with students in showing them how to use resources that were provided at the university.
Studying better and being a Research assistant
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 September 2017
The workplace of the University is amazing. As I go there 2days a week it always feel me with so much new information and great knowledge.
But the hardest part of the work is that I always have to come up with new ideas based on others works and get good results on that to accomplished a good paper.
However, It's not an official job but I have to always be updated and full of new ideas. Since being a Research assistant is part of being a good student and I always been the best student in my whole education background its an important task for me.
Pros
Gaining new informations everyday
not quit sure yet, has not much experience with them
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 June 2017
The classes are a bit smaller than the U of Manitoba. However the students might be a bit weaker than those of U of Manitoba. However, the students of U of Winnipeg might be more appreciating towards the instructors. I have worked with the U of Manitoba Math Department and the U of Winnipeg Math Department, but I think the U of Winnipeg Math Department better treats the sessional instructors.
Basketball court at the Health and Recplex
Volunteer powwow club instructor before hiring (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 March 2017
The basketball court at the health and recplex is a good space to practice the powwow dance but can get quite hot and is small, which gives us dancers a disadvantage. The powwow club program is a great way to teach the youth and adults about the Aboriginal culture and dance.
Pros
free lunch with program, chairs provided for everyone, helpful staff, fan, water
Cons
Hot, smaller space
Great place to feel you make a difference
Assistant to the Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 February 2017
Great intrinsic motivation by the team at U of W. Staff believe in the vision of the school and are passionate about how to work together to promote the welfare of the students while offering the best in Education with broad programs and opportunities!
Adaptable and high paced work experience
Coach/Camp Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 February 2017
I enjoyed working in this placement mainly because I love teaching skills about volleyball to young individuals who want to experience the game as well.
Interning in the Anthropology Department
Intern (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 January 2017
I would say my time interning at the University in the Department of Anthropology was one of the best opportunities I have had. I learned a lot about the field and got a first hand glimpse at what it is like to be a curator for artifacts. I had a lot of fun in the short time I was there, I learned a lot social and organization skills there that have proven to be very beneficial for me in both my professional and personal life.
Productive and fun
Winnipeg Bookstore Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 January 2017
Moving textbooks
Helping customers
Finding work to do without being told

Overall, I really enjoyed working at this job
Pros
independent and relaxed
Cons
not always enough work to be done
good
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 October 2016
It was a good experience. Pay was not fantastic but fair enough for a student position. Work atmosphere was warm and welcoming and much was learned.
productive
Language helper (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 July 2016
fun and comfortable place to lean about different culture and meet new people around the world. its a wide working place where students from different country come to learn English and Canada culture. I'm so glad to share my experience with them, and at the same time learn about their culture and where there are from.
Pros
being able to attend to free events
Cons
A fascinating and fast paced work environment
Transcriber (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 April 2016
There are many different jobs on the campus of U of Wpg, but they all share a fast-pace and intensely social environment full of students and staff. It's a great place to work if you are someone committed to lifelong learning and enjoy opportunities to become engaged in special interest groups and the community.
Pros
Progressive, liberal workplace
Cons
Many jobs dry up and disappear over the summer break
Culturally welcoming
Research Participant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 February 2016
A great place to work or get your education! The environment is very culturally and environmentally friendly. I would recommend this university to anyone~
good learning experience.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 February 2016
I am graduate research assistant at University of Winnipeg. My supervisor was very helpful. I do recommend others to proceed with their master's.
fun and very productive.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 January 2016
The students were very enthusiastic, studios, friendly and overall goal oriented. I had a very good time and enjoyed the occasional staff- students get together.
Pros
Amiable co-workers
Cons
Non
Fantastic job with unlimited learning possibilities
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 December 2015
I personally enjoy my flexible yet challenging job as a Research Assistant, and always love to try new tasks and get involved.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Winnipeg. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4