University of Winnipeg Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Students Director (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 April 2019
The University of Winnipeg is a productive and fun workplace that I will never forget. I met lots of great students, co-workers and managers which gave me such good memories. it cultivated the courteous and professional abilities I will perform in my future careers.
Productive, engaging, and challenging work with a great location and services
TEACHING AND RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 March 2019
Productive, engaging, and challenging work with a great location and services. Working with like-minded individuals that care about you and your livelihood. Fair pay, benefits, and a union to boot!
Interesting environment
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 January 2019
Work involves interaction with international students from many different countries. The dynamics of teaching is the most satisfying aspect of the work. The small size of classes allows for good opportunities to get to know the students on a more personal level. The central location of the University allows for minimal commute times and bus service to the area is quite good.
It was a good job
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 January 2019
My job was pretty casual, and whenever I did work I was mostly just watching students do their exams and making sure they didn't cheat. Helping professors gather the exams and sometimes marking them.
Excellent university to work for
Social Media Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 October 2018
Culture is very diverse and all the employees are very supportive. I have learned a lot from each of my co-worker.

Excellent company to work for. It truly demonstrated the passion for students.
I have a great experience working at The University of Winnipeg.
Chemistry Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 June 2018
During performing my PhD research project I was working in Dr. Craig's lab and using one of his capillary electrophoresis equipped with laser induced fluorescence equipments. During these years I had a great time and I found people very friendly and supportive. They were are available at anytime to help students.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
I could not find any cons
Good
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 May 2018
It takes passion and relevant, advanced skills to become a leader. PACE provides the tools through industry-recognized instructors and flexible training options.
A place to cut your teeth
LAB INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Manitoba1 April 2018
A good place to get started, but the lack of advancement options plus HR mandates in hiring policies makes it unlikely that the best person will get the job
U of w wlc
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 March 2018
I was hired for a short term contract at the WiichiiWaakanak Learning Centre. The computer lab I worked in was accessible to the public so security was often an issue. The manager displayed poor team building skills.
City style work
Service Worker 3 (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 March 2018
Lots of down time, coupled with vacancy management style. Often split between tasks at a moments notice. Reported to multiple bosses throughout a typical day. Learned a great deal about government funded organizational culture. Gained years of experience in maintaining and managing public access/private access building. Interdepartmental communication was poor. Experienced frustrations because of miss direction. The challenges where many. The most valuable experiences where maintaining 100,000 plus sq. ft. buildings.
Pros
Inner city location, lots of public interaction
Cons
No REAL job descritpion
welcoming environment to work
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 January 2018
The university of winnipeg is an excellent place to work. The faculty are very friendly and share a love of knowledge production, consumption, and distribution
It's a post secondary institution
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 November 2017
I don't have a ton to say about working there other than it's a good place to work but you don't get paid very well at all. Definitely below industry norms.
Very interesting and engaging
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 November 2017
While doing this job, I was given the opportunity to interact with students in showing them how to use resources that were provided at the university.
Studying better and being a Research assistant
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 September 2017
The workplace of the University is amazing. As I go there 2days a week it always feel me with so much new information and great knowledge.
But the hardest part of the work is that I always have to come up with new ideas based on others works and get good results on that to accomplished a good paper.
However, It's not an official job but I have to always be updated and full of new ideas. Since being a Research assistant is part of being a good student and I always been the best student in my whole education background its an important task for me.
Pros
Gaining new informations everyday
not quit sure yet, has not much experience with them
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 June 2017
The classes are a bit smaller than the U of Manitoba. However the students might be a bit weaker than those of U of Manitoba. However, the students of U of Winnipeg might be more appreciating towards the instructors. I have worked with the U of Manitoba Math Department and the U of Winnipeg Math Department, but I think the U of Winnipeg Math Department better treats the sessional instructors.
Basketball court at the Health and Recplex
Volunteer powwow club instructor before hiring (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 March 2017
The basketball court at the health and recplex is a good space to practice the powwow dance but can get quite hot and is small, which gives us dancers a disadvantage. The powwow club program is a great way to teach the youth and adults about the Aboriginal culture and dance.
Pros
free lunch with program, chairs provided for everyone, helpful staff, fan, water
Cons
Hot, smaller space
Great place to feel you make a difference
Assistant to the Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 February 2017
Great intrinsic motivation by the team at U of W. Staff believe in the vision of the school and are passionate about how to work together to promote the welfare of the students while offering the best in Education with broad programs and opportunities!
Adaptable and high paced work experience
Coach/Camp Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 February 2017
I enjoyed working in this placement mainly because I love teaching skills about volleyball to young individuals who want to experience the game as well.
Interning in the Anthropology Department
Intern (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 January 2017
I would say my time interning at the University in the Department of Anthropology was one of the best opportunities I have had. I learned a lot about the field and got a first hand glimpse at what it is like to be a curator for artifacts. I had a lot of fun in the short time I was there, I learned a lot social and organization skills there that have proven to be very beneficial for me in both my professional and personal life.
Productive and fun
Winnipeg Bookstore Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 January 2017
Moving textbooks
Helping customers
Finding work to do without being told

Overall, I really enjoyed working at this job
Pros
independent and relaxed
Cons
not always enough work to be done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Winnipeg. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4