University of Winnipeg

University of Winnipeg Employee Reviews

Canada65 reviews
Fun workplace with free food
I work as a volunteer there. I learned about the safety policies of customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with people. The workplace is very comfortable. I enjoy working there. Somedays like during the night it use to be very busy but that's where I think the fun begins.
a very welcom but also serious working enviroment
the working environment is nice.
the appliances in the lab are well updated.

the rules and disciplines of the job are clearly described and the employers can follow them easily.
Great Part time Job
Worked here as a lab demo while completing my degree. Great opportunity for students to add something to their resume while still studying in school!!
Great workplace experience. Not much training, however the job was quite straight forward.
I was offered the job due to my ability to interact and form connections with my classmates, as well as my passion for the course. In preparation for the job, I made sure that I was more than prepared for any occasion/obstacle that might appear. Most of my training was a quick run-through on what to expect so, but not much in the field. I, however, am a very quick learner and took to the job quickly.
good and very efficient for everyone to work there
I have not worked there but am studying so I know little about job experience. As am very new there so I can't even properly describe about that. But I personally feel it as good job location
Productive and good place to work
The work was pretty easy and everybody was very helpful. Its a place where u learn about the recycling of every plastic and how it is used for daily life.
This is a contract position
I teach one course in the Winter and Spring sessions and absolutely love it. Staff, management and students are amazing to deal with.

Preparation of a curriculum, quizzes, written assingments as well as mid-term and final exams.

PP Presentation is almost always a requirement.
Depends on who you TA for
Depending on who you are matched with (I say matched with because I've applied to TA with certain professors, and will get put up with a different professor I didn't apply to work with), the work can be good and challenging. If you are unlucky however, the person you work for could be unorganized to the point where you don't get work because they don't answer emails - you are paid on the hours you input.
Good
I enjoyed working at the uofw. It was a good experience because of the knowledge I gained with data entry and analysis. It was collaborative and a fun environment.
Great culture, low income.
Professional, well-managed and supportive place to work. Salary is not quite on-par with academic support positions in other Canadian universities but overall my experience with my supervising professors and department chair was excellent.
Safety and creative work environment
You can apply what you learn in class to your work. In addition, you can improve the results by using new knowledge by asking help from instructors or supervisors.
Great for Casual Work
Great for working as event staff. The staff were great to work with and the management did what they could to help out students who needed part time work while taking their degree.
It was a good seasonal job
Nice people hard working environment with a diverse group of people I enjoyed working there because you were always busy doing things around the university
Fulfilling lab experience with a relaxed but efficient workplace environment
This job taught me how to operate in a lab efficiently as well as communicate with other members to satisfy the demands of that day. The over-night shifts capturing bats was hard to get used to but ultimately taught me how to properly fill out data/process bats under non-ideal conditions such as working outside. The work environment was great - all the members were easy to get along with and shared the same mentality about how important our role is in the preservation of bats in Canada. A typical day included filling vials of ethanol or RNALater, fixing equipment, checking all PIT tag systems were functional, set up traps to catch bats and process them, and perform rigorous decontamination of equipment at the end of the night.
Great for getting experience
As with any contract position, there are limitations to working here. The obvious ones are lack of job security, potential for advancement, benefits, and salary.

On the plus side, you have a generally pretty good work culture, without really any micromanagement, and a supportive administration. I enjoyed my time here, but wouldn't want to do this as a career.
Pros
You get a lot of independence
Cons
Difficult to advance
Perfect
Everyone is super positive, always student centric approach. Good facility. Very good staff, on-site gym. In the downtown of the city so very coneniet.
Great Work Experience
Working in the film department of the U of W was one of the most beneficial work experiences of my life. I had excess to the equipment at my leisure. The department staff and management were some of the most helpful people I've ever worked with.
Pros
Irreplaceable film experience, make your own hours
Cons
productive and fun workplace
The University of Winnipeg is a productive and fun workplace that I will never forget. I met lots of great students, co-workers and managers which gave me such good memories. it cultivated the courteous and professional abilities I will perform in my future careers.
Productive, engaging, and challenging work with a great location and services
Productive, engaging, and challenging work with a great location and services. Working with like-minded individuals that care about you and your livelihood. Fair pay, benefits, and a union to boot!
Interesting environment
Work involves interaction with international students from many different countries. The dynamics of teaching is the most satisfying aspect of the work. The small size of classes allows for good opportunities to get to know the students on a more personal level. The central location of the University allows for minimal commute times and bus service to the area is quite good.
It was a good job
My job was pretty casual, and whenever I did work I was mostly just watching students do their exams and making sure they didn't cheat. Helping professors gather the exams and sometimes marking them.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Winnipeg. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4