University of Windsor

University of Windsor Employee Reviews

Solid Workplace
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 June 2018
Nothing particular to say about this employer, they payed me fairly to do a reasonable amount of work. I would recommend any student try to get a job at the school.
Many opportunities to expand your knowledge and network bases
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 June 2018
As an undergraduate research assistant there are many opportunities given to you. You get to expand your knowledge base outside of regular schooling and have the opportunity to make lasting connections with industrial and academic partners.
Good place where you can study
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 June 2018
Recommended place where your can award you future career degree. The environment of the faculty of engineering is motivating which can push you to give your best. While you study, you can work as part time where you can participate with other colleagues students.
Awesome co-workers and supervisors
Building Monitor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 May 2018
I had an awesome time working at the University of Windsor. The environment was always relaxed it was a really good job and my supervisor was so kind and flexible. It was an overall great work experience.
Interesting and relax workplace
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 May 2018
Preparing coding work on matlab for teaching. I have learned a lot on industrial application and computer coding. The professors are very kind to everyone of the GAs.
Fast paced and productive work place
Work Study Student/ Event Staff, St. Denis Centre (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 May 2018
A typical day at work was unpredictable depending on what was going on in the area or the weather. The job taught me how to work independently. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers in a location I am not familiar with.
Easy and fun at workplace
Convocation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 May 2018
As long as the convocation graduates are cooperative, the work goes by very smoothly. You can learn from other convocation assistants from the previous years as well as watch the convocation that happens during your work. Depending, this position can be done in the Spring or Fall.
it was productive, enjoyable and educative.
Desk staff (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 April 2018
working in the University of Windsor was so productive. I acquired skills like good communication, problem solving, team work, and time management. The hardest part of the job was dealing with stubborn students who are rude. The enjoyable part of it was that I had the RAs with me to help me if i had any problem plus we were given salary even during vacations.
Pros
friendly job
Cons
long hours at night
Good work experience
INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 April 2018
My research skills were vastly improved from the experiences I gained working in this role. My supervisor was tremendously knowledgeable and an expert in her field, and fostered my learning.
One of the best university expiriences
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 April 2018
Partnering with UoW not only gives you a great opportunity to volunteer, but with enough recognition, you are often offered a paid position to do what you have already been doing for free.
Pros
friendly, educational
Cons
tedious
good place to work
Coaches Assistant (Work Study Program) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 April 2018
Great place to work but company do a yearly layoff. Very professional and great training. I rank this place highly. This place is a great company to work for if you are seeking counseling career.
Pros
calm environment
Cons
hours are different
Very Professional
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 April 2018
I enjoy what i do with knowledge first. Everyone i work with is very polite and helpful. They truly want you to succeed and improve the lives of those we help. Awesome place to work!
Very creative place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 April 2018
It is a great company to be in and there are always opportunities for the employees to improve their skills and abilities. Very cool workplace, where you will feel like home.
Creative Outlet
Social Media Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 April 2018
Working with the University of Windsor I really had the opportunity to be very creative with video and editing. I got to take lots of photos as well as communicating with other teams.
friendly work culture
Photo Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 April 2018
it was the great experience working in photolab of university of windsor. Everything was properly managed. A typical day in lab used to be normal with very few students coming to use lab.
Pros
on bus route
Cons
few employees
A learning experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 April 2018
This job involves me interacting with the students. That is my favorite part of this job. I love helping the students and clearing any doubts they have in C programming and algorithms.
Productive work day with growing knowledge and skills.
VOLUNTEERING SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 March 2018
My typical day at work should be productive with opportunities of learning and new skills. I love to learn new things and manage employees and increase productivity.
The most enjoyable part of job is to lead a team and give better output. I believe once a student, always a student. So, i improve myself everyday. The hardest part of job is just sitting whole day without any improvement work.
Demanding experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 March 2018
Rewarding experience to teach students at a University level. Allowed me the freedom to apply my own talents and creativity and merge them with the teaching demands of University courses.
Loved it!
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 February 2018
Great pay, not overworked, work around my class schedule and the job was not only fun, but also easy! Definitely a great place to work, especially when you are in school!
Good
Evaluation of Motion Capture System (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 February 2018
I learn mentoring skills with undergraduate and graduate students.
I learn different motion tracking techniques.
It is a fun/positive working environment.