University of Windsor Employee Reviews for Research Assistant

Huge growth working here
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 July 2019
I learned so much about time management, the research process and communicating with vulnerable patients working in the PACR Lab. It was a great experience.
Sub-Par
Biomechanical Applications Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 February 2019
it was a very unprofessional work environment, with much arguing and chaos. Leadership was abysmal, and resources available to students are pathetic. Would never recommend students to attend or work here.
Poorly organized workplace with awful advisors
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 July 2018
It was challenging dealing with a childish advisor. Professionalism and etiquette were abysmal, and procedure outlined within guidelines was seldom followed.
Many opportunities to expand your knowledge and network bases
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 June 2018
As an undergraduate research assistant there are many opportunities given to you. You get to expand your knowledge base outside of regular schooling and have the opportunity to make lasting connections with industrial and academic partners.
Very creative place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 April 2018
It is a great company to be in and there are always opportunities for the employees to improve their skills and abilities. Very cool workplace, where you will feel like home.
This is a temporary job
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 January 2018
If you are a student and get this job, you will easily earn money for your living expense. This job doesn't pay much and you get fewer hours over months.
Great work experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 August 2017
I got an opportunity to learn research and facilitation skills. The staff is amazing and very understanding. You get to learn a lot and work with professionals. Great experience!
Love this place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor13 June 2017
The University of Windsor is a great place to be working at. The faculty is exceptional and also well-dedicated to research and innovation. They focus on evidence-based practice and follow through with educational advancements.
Laboratory life is simply unique
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 December 2016
A day at work can be long, that's completely understandable since it's the life of research. Yet still it's always fun to go to the lab, meet your colleagues and work. The reason is because the lab is very diverse, the students and the graduates are very open minded and outgoing. So overall it's always a good day to be at lab.

I have learned a lot of things from all my colleagues, from procedures and experiments to life lessons and future plans of research.

All in all, nothing is ever achievable if you don't do what you love otherwise it will never have any taste and no productive effort will be put towards it.
Pros
amazing people
Cons
n/a
Good school
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 September 2016
Located in the rather quiet city of windsor, this university allows students to focus on school if necessary. The living expenses in this city are low compared to the major cities in ontario.
good
Research Assistant, Dr. Jerry Sokolowaski (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 December 2015
i would say good. worked as a research assistant so depends on the topic how hectic it will be.
proffesor is good helped a lot and gained knowledge under working him.
N/a
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 November 2015
Good experience, opportunity for learning and development, good guidance, opportunity to grow, team culture encouraged. Opportunity to take up more challenges, initiative and proactiveness encouraged.
In general, it is fine
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 September 2015
I have been studied and worked as TA and RA in University of Windsor for 5 years. In general, it is fine. I have learnt a new thing and make friend there. However, the salary is not so high and sometime you have to work overtime due to the job requirement.
Very clean work environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  windsor, on2 September 2015
management expects you to reply to emails all the time and has high expectations, also payment is not always on time nor fair.
Good experience filled with fun and knowledge
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 July 2015
Research Assisstant is quite a challenging task as we need to balance with academic studies and work schedule. I used to assisst my professor in various jobs. As apart of my job I have learnt many things. I used to assisst a group of research team who works on various project and that experience provided me to have considerable knowledge on various programing languages. As a research assisstant I travelled to various international computer science conferencesthrought out the world where I got opportunity to meet to different people and that helped me to expand my knowledge. The most enjoyable part of my job is that we have to work with a team that experience made me a good team player.
Pros
Can travel to different international conferences(Computer Science)
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and comfortable place to work and study
Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 June 2015
Great place to develop your professional knowledge and sharp your skills. I have met many great people including professors and co-workers over there. If I was asked where there was a place worth of working, I would definitely recommend this university.
Productive and friendly workplace
Research Assistant and teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 April 2015
Doing experiments with wind tunnels, doing projects for ASHRAE company, etc gave me the opportunity to be creative and propose new projects and do more and more research.

The work environment was so friendly and encouraged me to walk in the road of success.
A grind in a relaxed atmosphere
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 October 2014
Work starts between 7am and 9am and ends usually around 4pm to 5pm.

Great professors and intelligent guidance to problem solving.

Very decent co-op opportunities.

Great benefits under top profs.

Friendly Co-workers.

Fast paced and keeps you on your toes.

Overall, great fun place to work.
Good Environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 May 2014
Great co-workers.
Productive learning environment.
Low on budget.
New and exciting things to discover in a research lab
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  C1210 February 2014
A typical day at work begins with the excitement of discovering something new and exciting. In the beginning of the lab, all the workers set up a meeting and plan how to run the lab three hours period. The lab equipment are put in placed right before the beginning of the lab. During the lab, all the coworkers are assigned their duties in the lab such as researching, analyzing and recording the results in the designated charts. Each team member has an important role to finish the lab and they all work in harmony to finish results in time. Recording data is a very tedious job and sometimes it becomes hard to keep track of the lab results during analysis. Even though there are a lot of things to perform in a research lab under pressure makes all the workers self starter, time efficient and eager to learn something new everyday.
Pros
new things to discover
Cons
tedous