University of Windsor Employee Reviews for Graduate Assistant

Was a fun place to work!
GRADUATE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 September 2019
Follow the instructions given by your supervisor and know the material they are teaching! Then the job will be fun. It might be sometimes difficult getting your job/study balance because most of the time your papers and your students' grades are due at the same time
Fun place to stay
PHD Student, Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 July 2019
It is a very Good place to work, study. Help student to learn, marking assignments and exams. At the same time, I upgrade my skills and degree.
relaxing working environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 March 2019
The profs and staff at University of Windsor are quite nice! Overall, it was a fun experience to worl there! People always share the experience with you which can help you to better work there!
Good Place to Work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 December 2018
Good place to work but very competitive. Only few jobs available for lots of people applying and many have graduate and post-graduate degrees. Good once you get in.
Productive and rewarding
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 November 2018
Easy to work with professors and manage time between marking and attending office hours. Students usually never showed up for office hours but sent lots of emails right before and after an assignment.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 October 2018
It was a relaxed and productive environment where i was provided with the positive reinforcement to accomplish my tasks and incorporate new skills.....
nice place
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 October 2018
had a nice time working with students to teach what i know was something different feeling. I would love to be here, but i wanted to get more practical industrial experience.
Nice
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 August 2018
It may be full of SJW's but I can manage. A lot of nice people are on campus and that makes me feel really good about myself. I hope that everyone is happy going here.
Good place where you can study
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 June 2018
Recommended place where your can award you future career degree. The environment of the faculty of engineering is motivating which can push you to give your best. While you study, you can work as part time where you can participate with other colleagues students.
Interesting and relax workplace
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 May 2018
Preparing coding work on matlab for teaching. I have learned a lot on industrial application and computer coding. The professors are very kind to everyone of the GAs.
Very Professional
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 April 2018
I enjoy what i do with knowledge first. Everyone i work with is very polite and helpful. They truly want you to succeed and improve the lives of those we help. Awesome place to work!
A learning experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 April 2018
This job involves me interacting with the students. That is my favorite part of this job. I love helping the students and clearing any doubts they have in C programming and algorithms.
Cool
Graduate Analysis Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 February 2018
University of Windsor – Windsor Ontario
• Responsible for survey design, data entry, missing data processing and information evaluating.
• Manipulated and investigated data into reportable information with statistical and Economic technique. Regression analysis by SPSS and SAS.
GA makes me more serious on academic research
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 May 2017
With GA experience at University of Windsor, I found that I like to teach others what I know. That probably the reason why I chose college instructor as my first job after graduate. When you can share what you know to others, you can feel so satisfy and you need to be serious and make sure you do not make mistake. I became more serious to my own research after GA experience.
Excellent Opportuinity to grow
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 April 2017
Being an Graduate Assistant helps being more involved in studies and interacting with students. It brings the best out of you. I absolutely loved doing my job.
Provided a strong foundation for skills and experiences that can be applied in daily life.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 April 2017
The school provided a strong foundation and experience through various jobs pertaining to administration and career opportunities. Overall, the skills provided have helped me in my pursuit for a career and I am very thankful for the experience.
Productive and accommodating
Faculty of law, Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 April 2017
I learned how to manage my time. The staffs are friendly and willing to teach. What I like most about the workplace is that it accommodate diversities of persons. There is mutual respect.
A worthy and stimulating study environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 March 2017
the university is doing well in all the areas of discipline. They seek to impart the best in their students and encourage them unto productive scholarship for gainful employment after school.
Pros
conferences and good research labs
Cons
could be stressful
Academic job
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 January 2017
Working as a teaching assistant, I learned how to communicate with students and access their study progress. Also, I acquire many academic skills by assisting my professor.
A good place with best location
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 June 2016
The most south part of Canada with mild weather, so does the work culture. People are all kind except high tuition fees, 3 semesters a year.