University of Windsor Employee Reviews

it very importance to work shoulder to shoulder with university of Windsor staff
Community Garden Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 November 2019
i think working productive and fun workplace with table tennis table is more importance because you will have more fun with friends and colleagues as well.
good university good environment good education
Capstone Project (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 November 2019
capstone project allows me to develop my skills and abilities. It is important to have such a chance to work on a real project for real design and construction.
Productive and Progressive job culture
Administrative, HR, Social (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 November 2019
The routine day started with meetings and discussions with head. I was allowed to work from home.The difficult task was to understand the need of the project and then execution.
University
Teaching Assistant, Faculty of Education (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 October 2019
If you are looking for a medium-sized university with friendly staff. The University of Windsor is the right place, with lots of students from India and China.
Productive research space with peace of mind
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 October 2019
A typical day generally consists in performing fluids experiments and/or simulations, and analyzing data in a productive and helping environment. The graduate advisors in the fluid mechanics department are generous with their time in making sure their research assistants and graduate students are well-equipped with adequate computational resources, Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software, experimental apparatus, and general fluids knowledge. The CFD and Vortex labs are perfect environments for R&D. All students in both labs are very professional and are always open to helping newcomers. Part-time undergraduate Outstanding Scholars and full-time Research Assistants are welcome to work in the lab with the permission of their lab advisors.
Comfortable and enjoyable work experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 October 2019
Good cohesion between employers and employees. Hours are consistent and what is expected of you is clearly outlines. Rewarding to work and help students and the university does try to hold itself to a higher standard.
Great pay. Great Benefits. Select few advance.
Salaried Employee (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 September 2019
Work environment varies around campus depending on who you are working for. Many departments have a great work environment. There seems to be a problem caused by silos of information making it difficult for the institution to operate as a whole, or share information and services efficiently. There are large groups of employees who do not feel heard and respected by management. Due to this, costly and ineffective programs have been implemented, causing disruption to students and recruitment efforts. The Human Resources department seems to operate differently than most others, and some of their measures are alarming at best. Preference is given to university graduates for nearly all roles on campus.
Was a fun place to work!
GRADUATE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 September 2019
Follow the instructions given by your supervisor and know the material they are teaching! Then the job will be fun. It might be sometimes difficult getting your job/study balance because most of the time your papers and your students' grades are due at the same time
Educational
Student Nurse (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 August 2019
Being a student nurse has taught me many skills, which I can utilize in future work areas and which will allow me to search for a career in the medical sciences, or continue with my education.
Working as Visiting Researcher at UOW
Visiting Researcher (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 August 2019
It is good experience to work according to my own pace to learn research work and have interaction with different people belonging from varied background.
Pros
Learning Research
Cons
Non Paid
University of Windsor
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 August 2019
I have been in the catering area for quite a long time and simply enjoy interacting with people . I am a dedicated worker which whom likes to learn new things on a daily basis and is always up for a challenge . I’m just trying to find another job that can offer me other hours aside from what I’m getting now . I’m an older individual who just wants to work
Huge growth working here
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 July 2019
I learned so much about time management, the research process and communicating with vulnerable patients working in the PACR Lab. It was a great experience.
Great employer
G.A. / International Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 July 2019
Amazing opportunity to grow personally while helping others.
Flexible working hours
Never a delayed payment.
Bureaucracy is a little bit high, as expected.
Fun place to stay
PHD Student, Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 July 2019
It is a very Good place to work, study. Help student to learn, marking assignments and exams. At the same time, I upgrade my skills and degree.
university is a good place to learn knowledge
project (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 June 2019
professor would give me some projects(circuits) and let me choose. After that, my main job was to analyse and optimize power consumption of circuit based on knowledge that I learned. Finally, I needed to give professor new circuit after optimized.
Volunteer
Student (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 June 2019
Great experience. You learn a lot. Meet a lot of new people. Learn a lot of skills. Quite long hours. Unpaid position. Friendly environment. Office space is messy.
good for students
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 June 2019
flexible schedule for working around exams, good pay for part time students. excellent first opportunity for people to get a reference while still getting their BS
great people great environment
Center of Executive and Professional Education (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 May 2019
I have done lots of small projects daily, not heavy, sometimes repetitive. It happens though. at every work
The management board is great. My supervisor is very nice to me when I was working there.
The most enjoyable is the working hour is very nice and people are very friendly.
productive work place
Machine Learning Engineer/Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 May 2019
The workplace is fun, very supportive peers and mentors. You will get to learn a lot. Effective problem solving and welcoming environment. Salary satisfaction.
Fun atmosphere
PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 April 2019
it was a great experience working alongside students and others. i enjoyed helping other students with their stuff. Students who came as international student where able to get things done