University of Windsor Employee Reviews

Interesting and relax workplace
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 May 2018
Preparing coding work on matlab for teaching. I have learned a lot on industrial application and computer coding. The professors are very kind to everyone of the GAs.
Fast paced and productive work place
Work Study Student/ Event Staff, St. Denis Centre (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 May 2018
A typical day at work was unpredictable depending on what was going on in the area or the weather. The job taught me how to work independently. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers in a location I am not familiar with.
Easy and fun at workplace
Convocation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 May 2018
As long as the convocation graduates are cooperative, the work goes by very smoothly. You can learn from other convocation assistants from the previous years as well as watch the convocation that happens during your work. Depending, this position can be done in the Spring or Fall.
it was productive, enjoyable and educative.
Desk staff (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 April 2018
working in the University of Windsor was so productive. I acquired skills like good communication, problem solving, team work, and time management. The hardest part of the job was dealing with stubborn students who are rude. The enjoyable part of it was that I had the RAs with me to help me if i had any problem plus we were given salary even during vacations.
Pros
friendly job
Cons
long hours at night
Good work experience
INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 April 2018
My research skills were vastly improved from the experiences I gained working in this role. My supervisor was tremendously knowledgeable and an expert in her field, and fostered my learning.
One of the best university expiriences
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 April 2018
Partnering with UoW not only gives you a great opportunity to volunteer, but with enough recognition, you are often offered a paid position to do what you have already been doing for free.
Pros
friendly, educational
Cons
tedious
good place to work
Coaches Assistant (Work Study Program) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 April 2018
Great place to work but company do a yearly layoff. Very professional and great training. I rank this place highly. This place is a great company to work for if you are seeking counseling career.
Pros
calm environment
Cons
hours are different
Very Professional
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 April 2018
I enjoy what i do with knowledge first. Everyone i work with is very polite and helpful. They truly want you to succeed and improve the lives of those we help. Awesome place to work!
Very creative place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 April 2018
It is a great company to be in and there are always opportunities for the employees to improve their skills and abilities. Very cool workplace, where you will feel like home.
Creative Outlet
Social Media Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 April 2018
Working with the University of Windsor I really had the opportunity to be very creative with video and editing. I got to take lots of photos as well as communicating with other teams.
friendly work culture
Photo Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 April 2018
it was the great experience working in photolab of university of windsor. Everything was properly managed. A typical day in lab used to be normal with very few students coming to use lab.
Pros
on bus route
Cons
few employees
A learning experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 April 2018
This job involves me interacting with the students. That is my favorite part of this job. I love helping the students and clearing any doubts they have in C programming and algorithms.
Productive work day with growing knowledge and skills.
VOLUNTEERING SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 March 2018
My typical day at work should be productive with opportunities of learning and new skills. I love to learn new things and manage employees and increase productivity.
The most enjoyable part of job is to lead a team and give better output. I believe once a student, always a student. So, i improve myself everyday. The hardest part of job is just sitting whole day without any improvement work.
Demanding experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 March 2018
Rewarding experience to teach students at a University level. Allowed me the freedom to apply my own talents and creativity and merge them with the teaching demands of University courses.
Loved it!
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 February 2018
Great pay, not overworked, work around my class schedule and the job was not only fun, but also easy! Definitely a great place to work, especially when you are in school!
Good
Evaluation of Motion Capture System (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 February 2018
I learn mentoring skills with undergraduate and graduate students.
I learn different motion tracking techniques.
It is a fun/positive working environment.
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 February 2018
At the University of Windsor I had the opportunity to work with many wonderful professors and students who helped create a fun and productive work environment. Throughout my career opportunities I was able to immerse myself into many fields on campus and learn various skills. I was able to work as a teaching assistant in the psychology department, partake in research opportunities that promote wellness and cancer patient quality and work as a President for a student-led tutoring organization. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to meet new people and develop creative ideas to innovate the fields. I am grateful for being able to work alongside professors in order to better my abilities and increase my opportunities for the workforce.
A good post-secondary institution
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 February 2018
Post graduate work that involved long hours, at a persons' discretion. Workplace culture was great as everyone was working to similar goals. The overall work and students/staff may my time there enjoyable.
High stress work
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 February 2018
My work days were stressful and there was little support from management. Bullies thrived in the culture.

I enjoyed the work and the clients I served, just not the terrible environment.
Pros
Good benefits and vacation.
Cons
Toxic environment.
Cool
Graduate Analysis Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 February 2018
University of Windsor – Windsor Ontario
• Responsible for survey design, data entry, missing data processing and information evaluating.
• Manipulated and investigated data into reportable information with statistical and Economic technique. Regression analysis by SPSS and SAS.