University of Windsor

University of Windsor Employee Reviews

Honestly before I worked there I didn't think kids would like me because I don't too often but after a few weeks of working there i realized that if I just sat down talked to them and got to know them a little it's not as bad as I pictured. I enjoyed working there and would recommend it to anyone who's interested in children.
Pros
Free lunches, Free movies
Working as a GA was a fulfilling and educational experience. Professors were very flexible and the students were eager to learn. Overall, a positive experience!
This is a friendly and kindly workplace. Although, I have more than 25 years of experience in teaching in universities, yet there are many things for learning when you work as a teacher or TA or GA at the University of Windsor. I am so happy about working in this place.
Pros
Opportunity of meeting with great professors.
Cons
I did not notice any cons, yet.
A valuable experience for a master student. After the class, I should prepare tutorials for practicing exercises, and mark assignments. I also monitored exams, marked the paper and responded to relevant questions from students.
oversee residences, i enjoy working here a lot. it is for students of the university who enjoy being in leadership positions and helping others when they need it
It was really excellent getting to work for them. The hours weren't too bad, plus I was able to gain a lot of experience in my designated field of study.
Good management helps you get your work done quickly. Helpful staff with good nature. Great working environment with health and salary benefits. Good working hours.
Pros
Cons
No Cons.
Provides a wonderful experience to graduate students who want to gain experience teaching. In some cases you are allowed to teach your own class, which helps you know what it is really like.
I had no problem with the requirements of the Thesis program. Colleagues were prejudicial but nothing that couldn't be overcome. Ultimately, the location drove me away as I had constant issues with roommates and neighbours regarding violence, drug and alcohol abuse, threats on my life, and stalking.
Overall, the experience was wonderful, I would recommend anyone to work with the University of Windsor. It serves as a good source of income as a student.
My supervisor allowed us to take the lead in how to go about managing student assistance. Work included keeping records of student progress, grades, etc. The hardest part of the job was getting through to stubborn students
Highly professional work environment with friendly staffs and colleagues. Lots to learn and improves time management, organizational skill and communication skills.
It is a kind of part time job gives a lot of experience to students.Provides help to other students and a really friendly and helpful atmosphere.Just need to maintain 80% in courses to get the job
Great work atmosphere with students, staff and faculty. Very relaxed and friendly. Loved helping the students with their course questions and professors with their admin paper work and exam prep. Only downside is the parking. I parked in the new garage and it was $10/day so that cut into my wages. There are parking at the churches around the University but it's a bit of a walk.
University of Windsor is old fashion. racism and sexism in the workplace accounting mistakes unfair working environment administration hires people as temp so they dont have to deal with unions
Inaddition of studying machine learning and optimization course ,I teach the course (Algorithm design) this help me to make a revision for a lot of a basic concept information on computer science field.
university of Windsor is an amazing place to be if u know what u doing, it has many issues as well especailly when it comes to documents and getting them from all the different offices
i think working productive and fun workplace with table tennis table is more importance because you will have more fun with friends and colleagues as well.
capstone project allows me to develop my skills and abilities. It is important to have such a chance to work on a real project for real design and construction.
The routine day started with meetings and discussions with head. I was allowed to work from home.The difficult task was to understand the need of the project and then execution.
If you are looking for a medium-sized university with friendly staff. The University of Windsor is the right place, with lots of students from India and China.