University of Western Ontario Employee Review

View all University of Western Ontario reviews

A great working environment requiring you to be on your A game every day.
Administrative and Support Services (Former Employee) –  London, On30 April 2014
A typical day at work required answering multiple calls regarding various things. One of the key things I've learned is knowing the information, and talking to a customer with any sort of confidence will help you in the interaction significantly. My co-workers were one of the best co-workers I have personally ever had a chance to work with. Always bringing their best foot forward and prepared to help their co-workers or fellow customer with utmost respect. The hardest part of the job was asking for help because I feared being looked down upon; however after seeing everyone interact casually eased things a lot. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new ways to deal with customers of different tolerance level and being able to work with the school network in order to help the students.

Other University of Western Ontario Employee Reviews

Briefly worked here but was a positive experience
Residence Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 April 2018
As a student at the university, I only worked at a residence tour guide about 3 times a week for an hour each. It was not a lot of hours but the management was very accommodating
Excellent Post Secondary Institute
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 March 2018
I had the opportunity to work with Lab Managers /research nurses/Clinical managers/Clerical research assistants and project manager. My role was extremely varied and exciting. Everyday I learned new skills and challenges which expanded my knowledge. I had the chance to meet new patients on a constant basis. Beginning of each working day all activities are discussed and the days's roles are allocated as appropriate.
Pros
Working in a University environment was very rewarding
Cons
short term employment