University of Western Ontario Employee Review

View all University of Western Ontario reviews

Productive and Fun Workplace
Research Assistant/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 July 2014
Western is a wonderful school, the campus is beautiful no matter the season and even though it's a big campus, it doesn't always feel that way. The campus is super well maintained and there are many precautions taken for the safety of students.
I have a great team who are always willing to help. My project focuses on the study of plant and spider mite genomics to develop strategies to reduce spider mite damage and increase crop yield.

Other University of Western Ontario Employee Reviews

Excellent Post Secondary Institute
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 March 2018
I had the opportunity to work with Lab Managers /research nurses/Clinical managers/Clerical research assistants and project manager. My role was extremely varied and exciting. Everyday I learned new skills and challenges which expanded my knowledge. I had the chance to meet new patients on a constant basis. Beginning of each working day all activities are discussed and the days's roles are allocated as appropriate.
Pros
Working in a University environment was very rewarding
Cons
short term employment
Research assistant
Student, Cell Biology Lab (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 February 2018
Working at the University of Western Ontario as a research assistant in the department of biochemistry was great and a lot of fun! I absolutely loved it and would recommend it to anyone!