University of Western Ontario Employee Review

View all University of Western Ontario reviews

Fun workplace with opportunity to constantly meet new people
Orientation Program Volunteer (Soph) (Current Employee) –  London, ON26 February 2014
As an Orientation Volunteer my job is to make sure that first year university students have an easy transition into university life. I live in residence with the first year students and serve a mentorship role. There are 34 Orientation Volunteers in the building as well as 20 paid staff members. I am there to help the first year students if they are having academic problems, social problems, or any question they may have. My role is to be their friend, so that they will always have someone to support them in their new environment. A typical day would include checking on the students, asking how there days were, I may have a meeting with the other volunteers in the building, and I am pretty much there 24/7 in case any problems arise. The hardest part of the job is balancing my school work as well as spending time with the students. There will be times in the middle of the night where a student needs help and it is my job to be there. I love the people I work with as well as the students I am responsible for. The people make it all worth it.

Other University of Western Ontario Employee Reviews

Briefly worked here but was a positive experience
Residence Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 April 2018
As a student at the university, I only worked at a residence tour guide about 3 times a week for an hour each. It was not a lot of hours but the management was very accommodating
Excellent Post Secondary Institute
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 March 2018
I had the opportunity to work with Lab Managers /research nurses/Clinical managers/Clerical research assistants and project manager. My role was extremely varied and exciting. Everyday I learned new skills and challenges which expanded my knowledge. I had the chance to meet new patients on a constant basis. Beginning of each working day all activities are discussed and the days's roles are allocated as appropriate.
Pros
Working in a University environment was very rewarding
Cons
short term employment