University of Waterloo

University of Waterloo Employee Reviews in Kitchener, ON

Kitchener, ON5 reviews
A typical day at work is like any other day, you are constantly working with nice people who enjoy the job and what you get from it. The hardest part of the job would be the lulls in the days where there is no customers and there is no chores to do, so to pass the time I find other tasks to work on like stocking and inventory.
Pros
Lunch is paid for
Cons
None that I can think of
Despite the hardships I had during my 5 year program of Ph.D, I had the perfect colleagues that I adored working with. One of the best things that I really valued while working at the school of Pharmacy at University of Waterloo is the flexibility of time. I can go and work whenever I wanted to and leave whenever I can and this helped me to finish my projects in the most preferable way to me.
Pros
lounge and Kitchen for graduate students
Cons
small building
Working at the University of Waterloo, School of Pharmacy provided an opportunity for community engaged scholarship, clinical research and involvement in developing best practices in the field of Pharmacy practice. Leadership supports all staff and students through interdisciplinary team work and access to technologies and other resources to enhance teaching and learning.
Pros
Resources, Leadership, Collegiality
Cons
few advancement opportunities for Adjunct Faculty
On a typical work day, I served university students working at a variety of places such as pita pit, pizza pizza, subway, teriyaki and booster juice. I have plenty of cashier experience dealing with the point of sale system and with each shift, I worked with new people so I have developed great people skills with both my coworkers and my customers. The most enjoyable part about the job was getting to know new people and developing the skills that I developed
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
constant turn over in staff
Flexible hours made it a good place to work. Wide variety of jobs made each shift interesting, and the employees made for a great work atmosphere. Working with the students and helping them day was very rewarding
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Impolite customers at times