University of Waterloo
University of Waterloo Employee Review

good

24 April 2014
• I enjoyed the people I worked with.
• A friendly and fun atmosphere and I actually enjoyed going to meetings each week.

• I felt the leadership team was great as well.

• They knew all of the members on a first name basis and tried to make those personal connections, like what program we were in and what midterms or exams we have.

• I liked how you could express anything on your mind about the topic at hand.

• Everyone’s opinion was discussed no matter how silly the idea was.

• The leader of the meeting would love to hear everything we had to say.

• I felt very welcomed there.

• I felt I was not challenged enough at the job.

• While I did enjoy working there and appreciate the skills I developed while with the board,

• I felt my skill set could be better utilized elsewhere.

• Mainly focused on marketing, but I am an accounting and finance student with capable knowledge of using excel, word and working with numbers such accounts receivables, internal costing decisions and reconciliations.

• There was no room for advancement in the board.

• Even if you gave the most creative ideas to dramatically improve the marketing of residence, there was no higher position to promote to.

• Wanted the opportunity for more responsibility if the team leaders saw that I could handle it.
Pros
people
Cons
no advancement
26 May 2020
Same location
Manager (Former Employee) - Kitchener-Waterloo, ON
The most toxic and unhealthy workplace culture that I've been in to date. Management and supervisors need a serious overhaul to stop the turnover and negative environment.
14 July 2020
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) - Waterloo, ON
I only worked there part time, but if they paid more money for the food services i would of stayed .
The people there were very friendly and manager and supervisor were very accommodate to your availability.
Pros
Friendly, benefits good.
Cons
Pay
23 June 2020
Research Project (Former Employee) - Waterloo, ON
Willing to work with what I have going on in my personal life. Always making sure I am doing okay, and checking in with me, how work is going and my work related comments.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Waterloo. Our community is ready to answer.
4.5